DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Yeah, I just happened to select Eco registered on my Alto set which states 2-3 weeks, and my Ozma set got delayed for some reason..... But as long as I have them secured is all I care about at the moment. I have no display space left in the cabinets.

Edited by Loop

wow area the armors out? anyone getting theirs in the mail yet? or are these advance pics from somewhere?

I will get my armor parts in two or three days, i will make a video, pictures and solve doubts :3

Waiting for armor:

7708868196_97a3a22903_c.jpg

Edited by Drackie

Is that a shower curtain?

hahaha it seems but is only some plastic, the same that is used to cover books and notebooks, i just buyed a few meters and covered mi figures as if were glass :p

Edited by Drackie

Finally got mine in the mail today. First impression,

1. The infamous intake armor actually stays on decently. The intake covers need to be removed, and the intake armors use an additional peg to attach to the intake. Much better than version one.

2. Better tampo and paint aps than the first version. I like that the missiles have a bit of white painted around them.

3. Assembly is straightforward. There are two crotch armors provided. One to allow you to attach it to the stand, the other purely for display purposes. As mentioned before, there are two sets of chest armor so you can choose how you want them to open

4. Take care while attaching and detaching the reaction missiles. The attachment seems fragile so be careful when you remove the reaction missiles.

5. Yeah, both my VF-25F and S could not stand at first with all that weight so I had to break down and do the hip disassembly/ nail polish thing to tighten the hip joints. Now they stand well.

Pics to come

Edited by mass driver

Finally got mine in the mail today. First impression,

1. The infamous intake armor actually stays on decently. The intake covers need to be removed, and the intake armors use an additional peg to attach to the intake. Much better than version one.

2. Better tampo and paint aps than the first version. I like that the missiles have a bit of white painted around them.

3. Assembly is straightforward. There are two crotch armors provided. One to allow you to attach it to the stand, the other purely for display purposes. As mentioned before, there are two sets of chest armor so you can choose how you want them to open

4. Take care while attaching and detaching the reaction missiles. The attachment seems fragile so be careful when you remove the reaction missiles.

5. Yeah, both my VF-25F and S could not stand at first with all that weight so I had to break down and do the hip disassembly/ nail polish thing to tighten the hip joints. Now they stand well.

Pics to come

if anyone knows about scratches derived from the armor please tell everyone, to dont repeat the problems or prevent them :3 i use transparent plastic adhesive and removable to cover the known places where te paint scratches

Edited by Drackie

As the case for version 1 Armor Packs, the back boosters are quite heavy and stress on the backplate hinge. I am worrying it may crack and break if I display that way after a couple of years or even months. Any tips to share? Thanks guys.

Edited by ff95gj

Is the armor easier to install?

I never owned V.1 so I can't compare. I find it comparable to the super packs. The chest piece on mine keeps falling off in fighter mode. Still fiddling around with proper fit.

As the case for version 1 Armor Packs, the back boosters are quite heavy and stress on the backplate hinge. I am worrying it may crack and break if I display that way after a couple of years or even months. Any tips to share? Thanks guys.

i was tought that before, i think the only solution is to add a soft rubber piece betueen the back of ozma where the cabin starts and the back plate of the wings, just to help with the weight, to don´t be stressed in the circle joints, i will test it when my armor comes, every solution i find i will tell it :)

Some quick pics. Forgot to put on the reaction missiles :rolleyes:

Now i see, alto needs to be aside of ozma to see it incredible :3 thanks for the pics, in fact looks really heavy, im wondering if will weight more than my vf zero, maybe :p is ok because i like big, tank, heavy valky´s haha

But unlike the version 1, the renewals have the backplate support piece built in (which also has the clip to hold the gunpod between the legs in GERWALK mode) which should help.

Hmm. I keep oscillating on these. At first I thought they looked cool. Then I thought they looked too busy. The other day I saw the first Armor Pics posted and thought they looked cool. Today they seem kind of busy to me again. I've never had such strong, changing positions on a Kawamori design before.

I thought they were busy at first too but Ozma just seems naked without them. Plus I like the missile phalanx look. Alto looks better in his fast packs.

I have both sets incoming, but I think I will put Ozma in the armor in fighter mode because I am kinda worried about the weight on the wing hinges. Once I have all the releases I will have the other 3 sport the super packs in formation with Ozma in the lead. I don't even know why I bought the alto version.... Gotta catch em all! Just money I guess. The only reason I have Ozma Super parts is because I had to take them when I got my Ozma, it was a combo deal.

BTW, I find that the chest piece should be on first while in battroid mode to make sure its locked in place before changing to gerwalk or Valkyrie. I was trying to put it on while it was in fighter and couldn't get it to "click" in place which is why it kept popping off.

Here's Alto's.I just noticed that the leg armor has the landing gear built into it. Was the first version like this?

Sweet pictures, yes the v.1 had landing gear inside the leg armors but they were pretty much worthless, all plastic and I never used them because they seemed like they would just fail with all the wight on them. How are the landing gears on the v. 2 armor? Are they metal or plastic?