1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

Are you getting all that? You should consider yourself as a lucky man, shouldn't you?

When it was spread out between October and December it was okay. As a HUGE lump sum in addition to Christmas spending not so much. Good thing I'm not married with kids or it would be a no go... i just realized I pre-ordered a WiiU too. Good Lord, I have to cancel something there.

There is a lot coming, but I have just been setting aside the funds that were going towards the VF-17d and the VF-19p. Yeah sure it will be a huge bill when everything is ready in December (including 2x VF-4) but I should have put aside more than enough to cover them. Hopefully I can even save a little on shipping.

I have one from HLJ and one from NY on preorder.

One's gotta go. :wacko:

Same here, with the exact same dilemma. I'm planning on wating until mid November to see where the exchange ends up before dropping one of them, but I'm currently leaning towards keeping the HLJ one due to their customer support track record where Yamato products are concerned, and their more attractive shipping rates... $59.00+ for EMS at NY is absurd.

Same here, with the exact same dilemma. I'm planning on wating until mid November to see where the exchange ends up before dropping one of them, but I'm currently leaning towards keeping the HLJ one due to their customer support track record where Yamato products are concerned, and their more attractive shipping rates... $59.00+ for EMS at NY is absurd.

Ditto for me. Part of me WANTS to give the business to NY, but that shipping charge.....

Also, I just cancelled my 171 fast pack order with them and don't want to be black listed for canceling too many things. The packs are the first thing I ever cancelled with them and DID buy the 30th anniversary 29 and the 25G from them, so I think it will be ok....but I don't know.

Chris

Ditto for me. Part of me WANTS to give the business to NY, but that shipping charge.....

Also, I just cancelled my 171 fast pack order with them and don't want to be black listed for canceling too many things. The packs are the first thing I ever cancelled with them and DID buy the 30th anniversary 29 and the 25G from them, so I think it will be ok....but I don't know.

Chris

Canceling before they issue the payment request is a much more honorable way to handle it than just flaking out on them when payment is due, which is always a last minute option. I would not fault them from black-balling a customer for doing the latter, but as a business they should be more than willing to accommodate a 'in good faith' cancelation, specially if you've been a good customer in the past.

If and when I do cancel my preorder I'll just send them I nicely worded, courteous request.

Did someone say VF-9!?!?

...?

Edited by mechaninac

The VF-2SS!! That will be my last holy grail-money-is-no-object item... although I don't think Mr. K designed that, so maybe he won't want Yamato to produce it.

Something tells me that if the VF-4G box comes with a teaser about a possible Christmas 2013 exclusive, this thread will dry up pretty soon! :-P

Did Yamato ever release the quantity/numbers of the pre-orders?

HKcollectables.com still has it last time I checked(yesterday, not sure if that's because they haven't updated their site or it's still available etc..)

Pre-orders have seemed to done well, which could mean a 2nd release, perhaps another variant using the mold.

My question is how long does it take for a mold to degrade?( average/ educated guess??)

Okay, can someone please explain to me the following.

Why is it so expensive for a 1/60, which doesn't have a gunpod or any attachments like missiles?

I'm very tempted, got a connection that can get me one, but so fearful it's overpriced...

Edited by Omegablue

Okay, can someone please explain to me the following.

Why is it so expensive for a 1/60, which doesn't have a gunpod or any attachments like missiles?

I'm very tempted, got a connection that can get me one, but so fearful it's overpriced...

PS, anyone got a link to pictures that I can save? Thanks. :)

Because it's rare and the run is limited, which means in order to make the money back from creating the molds and pay for all of the engineering they have to charge more per item.