1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

Funny....Bandai pre-order windows last 3 minutes or less.....and are sold out

Yamato opens up a pre-order window since early July and people are still not able to get their orders in on time?!?! Seems doubtful. Wonder how many third-party online shops dropped their "no cash commitment" orders?

To me it sounds more like Yamato trying one last time before the official release date to sell what they have already committed to produce whether pre-sold or not....... ;)

They would have been better off (sales-wise) with a FB2012 version FIRST and taking payments upfront......plus all the "talk" about a "possible" FB2012 version next year I'm sure does not help....not sure if this second wave of pre-orders is a "favor" to the fans or a last ditch effort to avoid "clearance pricing" before the FB2012 announcement and ticking everyone off..... ^_^

It is smaller than a YF/VF-19.

If there are/were any issues, then I would also have to put it down to it not being the FB2012 variant.

Seriously, this is like Takara making MP Otimus Prime in black, white, camo, Pepsi and any other colour except plain red/blue, because G1 animation never showed the waist rotation as part of his transformation and therfore no licence aquired for G1 OP.

In other words... Just completely lame foregoing from Yamato on this.

Seriously, this is like Takara making MP Otimus Prime in black, white, camo, Pepsi and any other colour except plain red/blue, because G1 animation never showed the waist rotation as part of his transformation and therfore no licence aquired for G1 OP.

No it's nothing like that. Yamato doesn't own Macross the way Takara Tomy owns Transformers so they have to comply with what Big West gives them. Yeah it sucks but the VF-4 has a unique situation of having almost a decade between when it was designed and when it was finally completed.

Exactly this. They can't just make whatever the hell they feel like, it's not like they can just say 'we have this mold, let's paint it whatever colors we want'. They don't actually own full merchandising rights. They only have the licence to produce whatever toys Big West/Studio Nue authorizes them too, and so far they've only been given the authorization to make the video game version colors. Whether that changes in the future remains to be seen. Seriously. If in a few months the current state of things changes, awesome- it wouldn't be the first time, but really. Everything else, speculation about Yamato having some sort of master plan to release the FB2012 colors later on after the preorder window, it's all conspiracy theories at best. If in a few months or whatever, Big West/Studio Neue changes their minds and gives them the go ahead to release flashback colors, awesome, but that's pretty much how it all boils down- and we've been told this repeatedly by Yamato at pretty much every turn and every statement they've made. I really don't understand why this seems like such a hard concept for us all to grasp...

Given how many spare sets of Jolly Rogers markings I have, I couldn't care less what this thing comes painted as. Painting it as a FB2012 scheme is probably one of the easiest custom jobs in existence.

I mean, seriously. Think about it. Year after year, we clamor for Yamato to make low-vis whatevers, because all the canon color schemes are so bright and non-military. Now, we finally get a valk released in plain gray, and all we do is complain. :p:lol: I'm only half serious, but I am glad that it's not molded in some impossible to cover color, and that it's not in white, since it'll help avoid yellowing.

I am so with you on that one, man. Seriously, I put off buying some of these for years because of paranoia with expensive toys turning yellow over time, finally my favorite Valkyrie ever gets a toy, and it's in colors that aren't gonna self destruct? I could throw a party.

I'm hoping it's pushed back after new years, I'm having a real difficulty in trying to save 400 bucks honestly. Infact, since the preorder I haven't been able to save SQUAT due to bills and the holiday. I'm pushing as much hours as I can at work while "looking" busy but at the sametime they're catching on and trying to make me go home a lil early each day.

The problem has been partially been a 10-20% markup on Yamato's MSRP but that dwafs the devaluation of the dollar which has effectively doubled the price for us importers. The Transformers Masterpiece line shows what we would be playing if the rights shenanigans would be sorted out. MP-10 Optimus is 22,000Â¥ but TRU sells it for $110 in the US. It's probably a bit inflated even compared to some domestic TF's size/complexity (and those costs are shared if not almost entirely amortized in the Japanese releases anyway) but we should be seeing this VF-4 at $110-125 if HG would play nice or cut the leeches in for a piece of the action. Hell, call it $150 for low volume limited edition, but it's more than double that. :\

That VF-4 fighter is exquisite. Love it. The battroid is a bit of a mess but I want one for the fighter alone.

Edited by Uxi

Given how many spare sets of Jolly Rogers markings I have, I couldn't care less what this thing comes painted as. Painting it as a FB2012 scheme is probably one of the easiest custom jobs in existence.

I mean, seriously. Think about it. Year after year, we clamor for Yamato to make low-vis whatevers, because all the canon color schemes are so bright and non-military. Now, we finally get a valk released in plain gray, and all we do is complain. :p:lol: I'm only half serious, but I am glad that it's not molded in some impossible to cover color, and that it's not in white, since it'll help avoid yellowing.

I'm sure you'd love to get something like this:

post-12283-0-17559100-1353739715_thumb.jpg

Source: http://www.yamato-toys.com/blog/index.php?logid=403

I would it Yamato would produce it yes. In fact, I'd buy several more. I want one in VF-142 markings.

Unfortunately, That looks like a custom done with the kit version. Too bad too. I would have loved to buy kits molded in gray.

So would i :) but we digress...

So would i :) but we digress...

I'll throw n my $0.02 here, and quickly say that I'd buy several sets of molded grey Yamato sets if they made them. Also, I love the customs on the Yamato link.

So, just found out my Christmas present is one of my VF-4s being bought by my wife. This made my day. :)