1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

But this came before the 19.

So you're telling us that the VF-4 was planned for much farther in advance then even the 19 was?

Huh, I was imagining the transformation to be closer to the VF-11 rather than the VF-19. It's at bit....complex, to say the least.

I actually don't find what they've shown here to be that complicated to be honest. It's pretty close to what I imagined it would be and it greatly simplifies the silly over-engineered Exparten version. I bet it'll be nice and solid, at least everywhere except for those new hip pieces. We'll have to see how those hold up over time.

Something tells me it doesn't come with a stand adapter either. If everything was molded in black then why is the adapter white? Hope I'm wrong.

Then you can make one on Shapeways to adapt to the Gundam stands too! ;-)

In the photographic sequence shown, it looks like the thighs are housed behind integral hinged panels that were subsequently removed to allow greater clarity in showing the storage/swing-out detail in later images. It's possible that they may be optionally removable, with the whole panel-hinge assembly slotting into pockets in the underside of the lifting body, in order to make transformation easier/less prone to damage.

reading that page, the thigh flaps are articulated, and fold back during transformation. Mr. K recommends not trying to remove them, they may break..

This test shot or T2 model, has too much weight in the nose, and doesn't stand on it's own.

As of now, that T2 has been sent back to the manufacturer with the last mold modifications.

Pending that the T3 has no other deformations, then it should still be a Dec, by Christmas release.

Also, it looks like he says the Amount of per-ordered VF-4's exceeds manufacturing numbers.

So They did sell more then they made, and not the other way around like people have claimed.

Edited by skullmilitia

reading that page, the thigh flaps are articulated, and fold back during transformation. Mr. K recommends not trying to remove them, they may break..

This test shot or T2 model, has too much weight in the nose, and doesn't stand on it's own.

As of now, that T2 has been sent back to the manufacturer with the last mold modifications.

Pending that the T3 has no other deformations, then it should still be a Dec, by Christmas release.

Also, it looks like he says the Amount of per-ordered VF-4's exceeds manufacturing numbers.

So They did sell more then they made, and not the other way around like people have claimed.

Thanks for the translation. I just can't see where they fold back to. It looks like for the photos they may have removed them for visual purposes though.

Sounds like this thing is more popular than speculated. I'd wager the reason why they pushed back all of the other releases is so they could manufacture as many of these as possible, not expecting this many pre-orders I suppose.

He broke down who was buying the VF-4, something like mostly Macross, some Mecha, and Some robot transforming fans.

I was kinda like..

duh,

I will tell you, rusty Japanese to english is quite funny to read.

This is the first paragraph I translated..

Even so, its preparation or preparation or events or open showrooms in December, housecleaning or shipment of VF-4G, Christmas or the end of the year I · · ·.

So is such lottery preparation.

Or under the child's birthday, or wedding anniversary, and whether lots (guy! Beware of Tuesday) night watchman at the end of the town council is out.

Oh yeah.

Jumbo or the end of the year.

Around the house or shrine or relativesã‚“years ... and drill

Are those covers for the thighs in Fighter mode optional pieces? After they show them being flipped up every pic afterward they're removed. And I can't fathom how they could close/transform once in Gerwalk.

Those covers are divided into two halves. I guess you have to close the external ones when in Gerwalk mode.

Gonna need a stand for your stand, doods B))

Yamato, I'm gonna put this out there...I WILL buy a black one if you make it. If you put out an FB2012...I will buy it. That's three, Yamato. Guaranteed sales from this guy right here. Just puttin that out there, guys.

Edited by xrentonx