1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

No box art pics yet....but I've said it before...since this is a limited release...they really should get Tenjin Hidetaka to create the box art. Give us something you'd see on a Hasegawa 1/72 kit box instead of the BORING old graphics (which we'll probably get in the end). :(

No box art pics yet....but I've said it before...since this is a limited release...they really should get Tenjin Hidetaka to create the box art. Give us something you'd see on a Hasegawa 1/72 kit box instead of the BORING old graphics (which we'll probably get in the end). :(/>

Unfortunately one of the "unique" features from Yamato Toys on box art is protoype pictures instead of artist's renderings. We probably need to pay 15% more on the toy to cover Tenjin's royalties. :unsure:/>

Edited by Vi-RS

It is a little disconcerting that we've not seen more than the single finished item as yet. Makes me wonder if the release date will be pushed back - though, if that were the case, I am sure the industry press would be griping about it by now.

post-15195-0-75785000-1353365619_thumb.jpg post-15195-0-81204600-1353365625.jpg

Though, I'd be prepared to give any odds that the box will be along these lines - as this has been the art used on every piece of promotional art I have seen in the last couple of months, in one form or another.

post-15195-0-32056500-1353365634_thumb.jpg

A most likely end Dec/Jan release....so if this is on time we should see a final product and box art in a few wks.

No over the head arm poses but great knee articulation..I can live with that.

Yamato should be gettin' ready to go back to the chinese factory to pump this thing out...if not already.(if it's on time?)

I'll take that bet... :)

There's enough scuttlebutt about the VF-4 in the industry pipeline here for anyone to know that Yamato would not spring for such moulding for a limited run fighter like this. If that is so, it only follows that the FB version is in a good slot for consideration.

I'm not holding my breath, but I'm nailing my colours to a late 2013/early 2014 issue.

Edit: Though the missus maintains it will not appear till 2017 and the FB 30th anniversary. :D

Edited by nautilus

Either way, if they release a Skull VF4, I'll end up getting that as well.

Also had just picked up a lot of Comics from a local 2nd hand reading store here, found some Wildstorm Robotech issues, one of which

prominently features the VF-4G in length.

Really??? I want to see this.

Yeah, honestly ngl, if that's the final boxart I think I'm gonna be pretty happy with that box. It's attractive, and it's clean.

Absolutely! It could be much worse. The line-art and color here are really cool. And I dig the CAD? work in the back

Yamato stated they were not doing the fb2012 version because they had the license for the M3 game since it was there that the vf-4 appeared in all 3 modes. If that is the case, they can at least do the Max and Millia color scheme.

On the other hand, and this is what I don't get, is that, for example, I don't remember the angel birds or VE-1 (among others) transforming into anything on the show, but still they were produced.

But those are mostly color schemes or armor packs of a pre-existing fighter mold they had so why not? Sure some had to have some tweaking but it makes sense they did them even if their screen time was very small with not transformation.

Yamato stated they were not doing the fb2012 version because they had the license for the M3 game since it was there that the vf-4 appeared in all 3 modes. If that is the case, they can at least do the Max and Millia color scheme.

On the other hand, and this is what I don't get, is that, for example, I don't remember the angel birds or VE-1 (among others) transforming into anything on the show, but still they were produced.

Well, I guess that's because the angel birds are just colour variations of the already registered VF-1s. On the other side, I believe there's official line art for the VE-1, which is what it counts.

If this was a matter of just changing the colors of an existing valk, then we wouldn't be having this discussion and fb2012 color scheme wouldn't be a problem, right? I mean, they have registered the vf-4, so...

Edited by 3D-Brainx

Yamato announced there will be a 2nd batch of pre-order opening from 11/27 - ending 12/5. They will count the remaining (probably cancelled portion) + extra production and make a 'limited number' 2nd release.

I'm not sure how the retailers will handle this thou.

main02.jpg

It still says 2012 December release

BTW, I think this is Mr.K in below pic :ph34r:

post-6978-0-46262900-1353545355_thumb.jpg

Edited by kyekye

Didn't have the coin to purchase this 1st time around.

online shop wasn't what I had in mind for the 2nd batch....but OK.

I'm curious if retailers will handle this also.

Does ordering online cut out the middle man/cut price?