1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

Because the toys don't always (IMO NEVER) look good shiny versus matte.

This is funny because toys are usually shiny. Yamato toys are kind of the exception that confirms the rule.

While I prefer the matt finish Yamato's been using, I cant say I don't like my shiny VF-19s.

This is funny because toys are usually shiny. Yamato toys are kind of the exception that confirms the rule.

While I prefer the matt finish Yamato's been using, I cant say I don't like my shiny VF-19s.

I don't collect any other toys besides these Macross ones. i didn't know most are shiny.

I spent months umming and arring about this that I missed the cut-off by an hour. :)

If anyone did pre-order and feels buyer's remorse, I'll take that pretty off your hands - at a premium as well.

Haaaay, guys? Do you think it'll stand in Battroid? Guys? Do you think it'll stand without the stand? Huh? Guys?

If someone asks that question again I'm gonna reach through the internets and slap them. ;)

In the 1st picture of Battroid above, you can see missiles piled up under the Valk. Plus you can see some missing on the bot too.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

I disagree. I think the landing gear isn't short at all, it's located very high in a nose con that drops a lot.

post-12283-0-72467300-1350776921_thumb.jpg

post-12283-0-61874000-1350776949_thumb.jpg

Line art: Macross Mecha Manual

It's not a very good looking stance though. Rather than nose down, it ought to sit more neutral like the sideview from Kawamori's Musashiya kit line art.

vf-4sideview02.jpg

Edited by Vifam7

Looks like that front landing gear collapsed under the weight.

I'm sure the final version will have more clearance.

Probably not. Remember.. landing gear are supposed to collapse under weight. Let a plane sit long enough, and lots of pieces look like they're out of place. Gear doors go slack, control sufaces drop, and stuff sags all over the place, because it's built to flex when flying.

Interestingly, this looks like one of the few valks to not have your standard catapult bar on it. It might be one of those planes that actually pumps the nose gear up before takeoff, similar to the F-4.

Probably not. Remember.. landing gear are supposed to collapse under weight. Let a plane sit long enough, and lots of pieces look like they're out of place. Gear doors go slack, control sufaces drop, and stuff sags all over the place, because it's built to flex when flying.

Interestingly, this looks like one of the few valks to not have your standard catapult bar on it. It might be one of those planes that actually pumps the nose gear up before takeoff, similar to the F-4.

Some illustrations do depict the catapult bar.

Edited by neoexcaliber