1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

The grey mold shows all the detail, the stealth mold looks sexy.

I can't decide which one I like most..hate that!!

Damn..I gonna be buying 2 aren't I?

Looking back on the previous page the transformation looks pretty simple, seems to be alot of diecast.

Is the upper arms diecast?

Edited by troyness

they passed the manufacturing number right before the weekend of that date but there were a lot of last minute orders. They also opened up pre-orders today until Dec. 5. In case you found these pictures to be way too sexy to resist. :lol:/>

http://www.macrossworld.com/3607/yamato-opens-up-dates-for-more-vf-4g-pre-orders/

Do you think that could mean that some online stores may carry this again, after the Dec deadline?

Those covers are divided into two halves. I guess you have to close the external ones when in Gerwalk mode.

So are you speculating that in Gerwalk you would fold the outer covers back down but the inner would still be folded up and hidden behind the thighs?

Do you think that could mean that some online stores may carry this again, after the Dec deadline?

Most online sites like HLJ, amiami etc usually release unsold units after they fill the preorders but you'll have to keep checking their site for an update coz the window is usually 30 minutes before they sell out again. It might be longer this time since the valk is so pricey.

That's exactly my guess.

Hmm, not exactly ideal but all things considered that's a relatively small price to pay. Though now that I think about it if it were hinged to the outer hinge you could fold the outer hinge back down with the inner one stacked atop that and not have this odd issue at all. But it's easy to be a Monday Morning Quarterback, especially about engineering.

Hmm, not exactly ideal but all things considered that's a relatively small price to pay. Though now that I think about it if it were hinged to the outer hinge you could fold the outer hinge back down with the inner one stacked atop that and not have this odd issue at all. But it's easy to be a Monday Morning Quarterback, especially about engineering.

:lol: I'm not too worried about this design, Yamato know how to deal with impossible engineering these days.

When the stealth is tampoed , it'll blow our hair back!!

Looks to be some diecast in the ankle joint, I reckon that'll be a good amount of weight for balance issues. Plus a sturdy ankle joint.

I bet the box is gonna be stupid BIG.

So no rotation at the knee joint?

Edited by troyness

When the stealth is tampoed , it'll blow our hair back!!

Looks to be some diecast in the ankle joint, I reckon that'll be a good amount of weight for balance issues. Plus a sturdy ankle joint.

I bet the box is gonna be stupid BIG.

So no rotation at the knee joint?

Good point. For some reason I never noticed that. Maybe they feel there's enough turnout at the thigh that it wasn't necessary? That might screw over Gerwalk in the end, but I think this one has even less fans then the VF-19.

Wicked, so a stand may be more of an option for fancier poses rather than a necessity. Especially since it seems to be free-standing in gerwalk. I especially appreciate gerwalk since it best shows how it's like (er, inspires?) the YF-21, where the arms & legs can be lost yet the fighter mode is completely functional. Well, except only having rocket & ramjet engines since it's obviously lost the thermonuclear turbines.

I'm desiring more of the gray, such as the nose, to be red to match the red stripes. The color scheme feels off-balanced....

The back-half of the head is definitely 'meh'.

I'm curious to see more of the articulation in the knee, since it's visually dinky, & the upper arm, since it's more or less obstructed.

Hmm, hopefully the conformal missiles will be workable missiles rather than just glued on detailing.

Hmm, I ended up canceling the Nippon-Yasen order to keep the HobbyLinkJapan order. I don't feel as guilty since it's before the invoices were sent out, & it's at the start of the second pre-order window. With luck, the exchange rates & shipping will at least be equal. I'll lean on the popularity of HLJ on this forum.

Edited by marthf1

I ended up canceling the Nippon-Yasen order to keep the HobbyLinkJapan order.

Did you receive any acknowledgement of your cancelation request? I emailed twice to cancel; never heard anything back. I also ordered one through HLJ. I may end up with two of these things. While my toy jones will be utterly fulfilled, my wife may not find it amusing. To add insult, I also ordered the VF-17D with Packs, so December's gonna be a bittersweet month.

I've been zooming in on those knees to see if I can see even the teensiest of twist, to no avail. I was thinking the metal piece that sits directly under the plastic thigh pieces might have a swivel, but I can't see any evidence of it in the pics. I was hoping they'd surprise us and show the shoulder pod rotating back for more arm poseability, but I've given up on it. Too bad, as it would've been the icing on an already remarkable cake.

*snip*

Did you receive any acknowledgement of your cancelation request? I emailed twice to cancel; never heard anything back

*snip*

Indeed I did. A standard cancellation message from the looks of it.

I sent a message from the order details. More specifically, after logging in to the account, click on the link just right of the blank 'Invoice' column for the VF-4 order & at the bottom, there's a box to send a message to Nippon-Yasen.

Edited by marthf1