The Macross toy you bought, that you're really just 'meh'

drkstar00

Just like picking a favorite, this is hard too.

For me, it's a toss up between the following:

1) Yamato 1/72 YF-21 + FP (too purplish, terrible and inaccurate looking in all modes, legs flop around; not a lick of friction to keep them in place in battroid mode, required separate hands to hold gunpods, etc)

2) Bandai v1 DX VF-25's (inaccurate in all modes, molded like it was made for children, floppy floppy floppy loose joints, etc)

3) Yamato VB-6 (terrible looking shuttle mode, floppy joints all around and very little poseability)

I guess the VB-6 was the least 'meh' of the three but still 'meh'.

Yamato's 1/72 VF-19A, 1/60 VF-1J v.1 and everything ever produced by Toynami. Thats about it.

:edit:

And technically I didn't buy the VF-19A, it was a gift. I've managed to avoid buying crap toys for the last few years.

Edited by anime52k8

Probably my 1/60 YF-21, I only got it because one of my old college roommates moved out and he offered me it for only $80. I know there's a ton of love for this thing from almost everyone on the site, but it just doesn't do it for me, it's fugly, I'm thinking for sale section.

In no particular Meh order...

Bandai 1/100 VF-1S Hi Metal.

Bandai DX YF-29 (I loved it right until I opened it and then it was like, Oh. It's okay I guess...)

Bandai v1 VF-25G

Yamato 1/60 VF-0S

1/60 V.1 and 1/72 YF-21. Biggest meh, while not Macross is the Toynami Veritech Rick. I was so excited to finally get a new valk after decades... never went from High to Low in seconds before... thank goodness for the 1/48s. But until then the Bandai reissues were enough of a lift. lol.

Probably YF-19 Double Nuts. The more I watch Mac Plus, the more I notice the weakness of the toy compared to how it looks on screen.

Although I've been impressed with its build quality, so that's something. Especially after all the horror stories of the v.1 YF-19.

So this is stuff we bought however long ago that now in the present day we're less than enthusiastic about?

Well, I can't help but feel that way towards the 1/65 Bandai Macross 7 toys now that we have superior-in-every-way Yamato 1/60 versions coming.

I'm also more than a little unhappy that so soon after getting all the Bandai VF-25 toys they're now coming out with improved "version 2" toys that look much better. Too soon, Bandai, too soon. I'll get a Durandal if they release it in Ozma colours. I'd also get a v2 VF-27 Lucifer if they release one (since I missed those the first time) but I can't justify the version 2 VF-25 toys no matter how much I'd like to.

I'm also a bit downtrodden on my Yamato VB-6 after hearing all the gush over Bandai's. I've been looking to pick up a Bandai Koenig Monster but can't find them in stock now that I have money.

Mine is the Robotech Masterpiece 1/55 VF-1J Rick Hunter :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I think it goes without saying that the Toynami masterpiece VF-1's were beyond horrible. God I was so excited to get my Hikaru, or uh, Rick, 1J in the mail, only to open up a big box of disappointment and anger.

LOL same here, the book cover was kinda cool though