Would you buy a 1/48 VF-1S TV Version?

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

I've noticed every now and then that Yamato releases Roy's VF-1S in 1/48 scale every once in a while. Can't blame them, it usually sells. Maybe it's the best selling 1/48. These past few times that the Renewal versions were re-released, Roy sold out a lot faster than the Hikaru version did.

Next year marks the 10th anniversary of the 1/48's release. Who could forget the day we saw the 1st color images of the resin prototype that Graham posted, of Hikaru's VF-1A?

By now, it seems that most of us have moved onto the V2 1/60 VF-1. Yet there's still a lot of love for the 1/48. To me, it still has the most user friendly transformation of any Yamato VF-1 design. The missle container gimmick was awesokme. The durability was high. The box...yeah it was too big.

Since next year is the 10th anniversary of the 1/48 and 30th anniversary of Macross, would you buy a 1/48 VF-1S TV Version? Let's say it featured the following:

• TV Roy pilot figure
  • Rounded TV hands that came with the VF-1J's
  • Molded in bright white

Can we please have our 1J stealth 1/60 stealth first...

This. Graham, could you PRETTY PLEASE suggest to Yamato to make a 1/60 V2 VF-1J Stealth version? I've been waiting for one for a long time now. Also, while they're at it, a woodland color scheme might not be a bad idea either. ;)

And yes, I'd probably buy a 1/48 TV version 1S if they made one.

-Kyp

yes but it seriously needs a smaller box. and should include some nice (but cheap to produce to keep price reasonably close to other 1/48) goodies. maybe another roy figure besides the seated pilot position. unhelmeted maybe, and maybe a claudia.

Can we please have our 1J stealth 1/60 stealth first...

seriously! i missed the 1/48 and since my collection is now mostly 1/60 i would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have this.

I would like a 1/48 VF-1S, but with both TV Roy and Hikaru pilots if that is at all possible. I'm sure Yamato would just emulate the 1/60 v.2 releases as separate regular and super pack releases w/ different pilots. Also, I'm not sure if I prefer the bright white since they've been prone to yellowing faster.

Actually, I am more concern if there is plan for a 1/48 Ver.2.0? the old one is good but there are surely anticipations for a renewal to celebrate 2012 :D

My wallet says NO, but my heart says YES ;)

Of course, I could probably only afford 1, because by then, with Yamato's new quality manufacturing process, it would probably cost a bundle.

1/48 TV-style cannon fodder would be nice (they already have the head for it).......maybe a re-paint TV-style angel bird 1/48 VF-1A...but that may also sit on shelves? Oh...and a VF-1A "U.N. Headquarters Guard" Valkyrie in 1/60..........may as well complete all the 1/60 VF-1 TV variants.........

BTW....speaking of the 1/48 renewal versions of the Hikaru and Roy VF-1S.......do they still require decals to be placed for things like the UN Spacy kite symbols? Or have they been tampo printed? If tampo printed, I may be persuaded to pick one up from the current HLJ sale...seems like a good price and I never picked up a Hikaru VF-1S in 1/48 scale before........

Edited by jvmacross

yes but it seriously needs a smaller box. and should include some nice (but cheap to produce to keep price reasonably close to other 1/48) goodies. maybe another roy figure besides the seated pilot position. unhelmeted maybe, and maybe a claudia.

seriously! i missed the 1/48 and since my collection is now mostly 1/60 i would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have this.

Smaller box would be prefered!

Actually, I am more concern if there is plan for a 1/48 Ver.2.0? the old one is good but there are surely anticipations for a renewal to celebrate 2012 :D

Yamato has said no

1/48 TV-style cannon fodder would be nice (they already have the head for it).......maybe a re-paint TV-style angel bird 1/48 VF-1A...but that may also sit on shelves? Oh...and a VF-1A "U.N. Headquarters Guard" Valkyrie in 1/60..........may as well complete all the 1/60 VF-1 TV variants.........

IIRC the only TV VF-1A head on the 1/48 was used on the Max and Kakizaki TV 1A's, but they may have been scratch built.

BTW....speaking of the 1/48 renewal versions of the Hikaru and Roy VF-1S.......do they still require decals to be placed for things like the UN Spacy kite symbols? Or have they been tampo printed? If tampo printed, I may be persuaded to pick one up from the current HLJ sale...seems like a good price and I never picked up a Hikaru VF-1S in 1/48 scale before........

Not sure. Tampo would be good, the sticker quality on the 1/48 wasn't that good.

Yamato has said no

How long ago was that "no" from Yamato. Remember when they said NO to the Macross? They won't release a 1/48 2.0 until they realize again that the VF-1 is the cash cow.

Wait til the Robotech movie comes out! :lol:

Maybe. I'd want to see v2 improvements and a fix for what was it, BP9? The backpack hinge part. Reinforced/metal.

Otherwise, far more interested in more 1/60, My TV Roy 1/60 is one of my favs, though.

Maybe. I'd want to see v2 improvements and a fix for what was it, BP9? The backpack hinge part. Reinforced/metal.

Otherwise, far more interested in more 1/60, My TV Roy 1/60 is one of my favs, though.

I agree with that hinge part needing to be fixed, Yamato takes care of that issue and I'll easily buy a TV VF-1S 1/48 Roy. It would be next to my DYRL version & 1:1 TV Roy Flight helmet! B))

Edited by 505thAirborne

The current repackaged 1/48 VF-1S has tight joints, smaller box.

About a TV version, the 1/48 VF-1J Hikaru and Mass production VF-1A has the same off white as the VF-1S, if a bright white version is to be made then a bright white VF-1J and a bright white/ brown VF-1A should also be made to match it, not a bad idea for Yamato and for die hard completists :D .

What about starting the Ver.2 line with Roy Focker VF-1S in TV Version and Movie Version, complemented with different figures and hand parts, SP and SSP respectively :D

It'd be ridiculously awesome if they could add a Hikaru figure with Misa sitting on his lap (ala "Love Drifts Away").

That would be awesome and I wouldn't put it past Yamato to make that. Good idea man! That would be a good inclusion for a VF-1S Super Valkyrie set.

The current repackaged 1/48 VF-1S has tight joints, smaller box.

About a TV version, the 1/48 VF-1J Hikaru and Mass production VF-1A has the same off white as the VF-1S, if a bright white version is to be made then a bright white VF-1J and a bright white/ brown VF-1A should also be made to match it, not a bad idea for Yamato and for die hard completists :D .

What about starting the Ver.2 line with Roy Focker VF-1S in TV Version and Movie Version, complemented with different figures and hand parts, SP and SSP respectively :D

How much smaller is the box? I'm thankful it's smaller.