Yes, Superman, the story with Iron Man parts.

I didn't say it looks like Supermans costumer with Iron updated parts. Sorry I didn't spell it out completely literally. I forgot I was on the internet.

That looks terrible too.

Is that Silver Samurai?

Silver-samurai.jpg

Holy crap crossover.

Also, since we're being so anal, it wouldn't be "ENGLISH! DO YOU SPEAK IT!" It would be "ENGLISH, do you type and read it."

You seriously need to stop. You come off, at best, as being a negative whiny idiot. You said, "Doesn't look like Superman to me. Looks like superman with Iron Man armor parts." You can go back and try to re-write/interpret/whatever-the-frakk-you-want those lines but we all know what you typed. Maybe you didn't mean it, but you seem to have a hard time expressing yourself in any sort of coherent or decent manner. You don't like his armor, fine. It doesn't look like Iron Man. None of the pictures you posted look like Iron Man. Other versions of the comics have shown Zod as wearing armor. For the Silver screen they adjusted Superman's suit so it doesn't look so god-damned silly. He's not wearing Red underwear so they added that bit to give him something to the suit so it doesn't look boring.

If you don't care for the design, cool. You don't care for it. Don't back-peddle after saying stupid things and don't pretend we all must share your vision for General Zod wearing his Medieval Tutu like in the original comics.

Edited by Mommar

You seriously need to stop. You come off, at best, as being a negative whiny idiot. You said, "Doesn't look like Superman to me. Looks like superman with Iron Man armor parts." You can go back and try to re-write/interpret/whatever-the-frakk-you-want those lines but we all know what you typed. Maybe you didn't mean it, but you seem to have a hard time expressing yourself in any sort of coherent or decent manner. You don't like his armor, fine. It doesn't look like Iron Man. None of the pictures you posted look like Iron Man. Other versions of the comics have shown Zod as wearing armor. For the Silver screen they adjusted Superman's suit so it doesn't look so god-damned silly. He's not wearing Red underwear so they added that bit to give him something to the suit so it doesn't look boring.

If you don't care for the design, cool. You don't care for it. Don't back-peddle after saying stupid things and don't pretend we all must share your vision for General Zod wearing his Medieval Tutu like in the original comics.

You should relax. It's just a movie. Take your own advice. If you don't like my opinion don't go out of your way to get upset over it. You can insult my expression skills and I can insult your comprehension skills. Grow up.

Finally a Superman film that goes for the visual "super"! I still haven't woken up from the snorefest that was the last movie...

Playarts toys look cool. Like the new Supes suit:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/review?scode=FIG-KAI-5258&page=top

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/review?scode=FIG-KAI-5259&page=top

Listen I find Amy Adams very attractive but isn't she a little bit chunky and old to be Lois Lane? I see her more as a middle aged Lana Lang..

Hardly chunky, she just looks like a real woman, not a stick figure. Also Lois Lane is suppossed to be older than Clark Kent, and depending on which retelling upwards of 10 years older than Clark. Superman returns really got Lois Lane wrong by casting that little scrawny skank as Lois Lane, who was way too young to play her as well.

Hardly chunky, she just looks like a real woman, not a stick figure. Also Lois Lane is suppossed to be older than Clark Kent, and depending on which retelling upwards of 10 years older than Clark. Superman returns really got Lois Lane wrong by casting that little scrawny skank as Lois Lane, who was way too young to play her as well.

She doesn't have to be skinny but Hollywood rarely get Lois right starting from the first actress to play Lois Noel Neil. She always seemed like Superman's mom than a potential love interest. Margot Kidder wasn't much better with her smoking. Teri Hatcher was the best; she seemed like the perfect Lois where she favored the comic book character..

Edited by terry the lone wolf

@Terry: You have some serious female image issues. Now I will agree that Hatcher was a good Lois Lane because while older than the guy playing Kent she was still very much in his age bracket. As for Margo Kidder, the smoking is what ruined her, but I never saw her as being too old for Reeves' Kent, just a little older and more seasoned, but that is the point. Remember when Superman was first written the glass ceiling was very much in place in all industries, even newspapers, so while she was more experienced than Kent she still had to work harder to get the good stories instead of him. What most movies have gotten wrong is making Kent a bumbling reporter where Lane has to act like a mommy to him to show him what to do, the Donner films were the absolute worst for this. Looking back at the older comics, toons, and properly done shows Kent and Lane are really equals as reporters, but Lane is the more seasoned and experienced.

That being said Adams is a good call for Lane IMHO, who would you prefer, some skank like Megan Fox?

@Terry: You have some serious female image issues. Now I will agree that Hatcher was a good Lois Lane because while older than the guy playing Kent she was still very much in his age bracket. As for Margo Kidder, the smoking is what ruined her, but I never saw her as being too old for Reeves' Kent, just a little older and more seasoned, but that is the point. Remember when Superman was first written the glass ceiling was very much in place in all industries, even newspapers, so while she was more experienced than Kent she still had to work harder to get the good stories instead of him. What most movies have gotten wrong is making Kent a bumbling reporter where Lane has to act like a mommy to him to show him what to do, the Donner films were the absolute worst for this. Looking back at the older comics, toons, and properly done shows Kent and Lane are really equals as reporters, but Lane is the more seasoned and experienced.

That being said Adams is a good call for Lane IMHO, who would you prefer, some skank like Megan Fox?

I must admit there's a huge difference between some young bimbo who thinks she's special because she hot and a confident woman. Amy Adams very much comes off as a confident woman, which is way hotter than "look at me, I'm dumb and pretty."

You have Olivia Wilde, Adrianne Palicki, and even Soap Opera stars Kelly Monaco and Kimberly McCullough are among the actresses I envision as a good Lois Lane. When I think of what Lois should look like I think on renditions by DC Comics artists like Jose Garcia, Curt Swan, Gil Lane, and even Jim Lee..

I like Amy Adams; I thought she was real cute in the Muppet Movie but as Lois I'm just not buying it. I like her better as an older Lana Lang if they ever did a live-action Dark Knight Returns movie..

Edited by terry the lone wolf

?

Well, the author makes it seem as if this "new" Superman movie will somehow deviate from established Superman lore and create

a new idea to hate, what with the decision to send Superman to Earth; that's the way the story has always been, it isn't anything new, and who knows? Maybe there wasn't anywhere else to send the kid, I dunno, but it's sort of an odd criticism to make, IMO.

Secondly, the idea that Clark's step-father supports the idea of "killing children" is ridiculous; the idea of "not" saving the kids and thereby concealing the presence of Superman is a decision that is intended to spare a dangerous, savage child-race, the human race, the sudden discovery of something far beyond their maturity level as a race. What did human beings do when they learned how to manipulate nuclear fusion and fission?

Additionally, the point the author makes about humans being condescending and distrustful is misguided; the writers are just trying to put a different perspective on the idea of a God-like being walking among us. What are the ramifications? Does he just go to Starbucks and sip a latte with us, or does he fly about the Earth, doing as he pleases because he has the ability to do what he wants?

Finally, the author's claim that Superman has a "God" complex is a little presumptuous, considering no one has seen the film yet. Who is to say what his motivations are for staying on Earth? I'm foggy on the older Superman movies, but if I had to describe those Supermen's desire to stay on lowly, pitiful Earth, I would say it's because he grew up with human beings, on their planet, and he feels a need to continue living with them, perhaps even looking over them, and let's not forget that he fell in love with a woman who resides on the planet as well. This goes to show you that no matter the might of the man, there's often a woman behind the drive of his intention.

Edited by myk

The only part of that article that I agree with and have been thinking about also since I saw it in the 3rd trailer is the bit with Loise talking about the symbol. Really does seem a bit arrogant and insulting to "correct" an alien being on what that symbol is/means.

Chris

This pretty much sums up why I have a bad feeling about this film.

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/4-reasons-everyone-in-new-superman-movie-dick/

My comments:

#4: Did article author ever read John Bryne's Man of Steel? Jor-El knew where he was sending his child to and knew his son would have special gifts under the yellow sun there. And that was back in 1986.

#3: This is very clearly spelled out in the movie. It's the moral issue vs. the fear of society rejection. If your child had gifts beyond belief, you think you would want the media and governments hounding your family for the rest of your lives? Did the author watch Smallville during those 10 years it was on? That was one of the running themes of the show.

#2: Relates to #3. If you heard of a kid that could lift an entire bus filled with people out of the water, you would expect some fear with that "Thanks". Again, society fears what it doesn't understand. Again, also look at Bryne's Man of Steel or Morrison's All-Star Superman, or the very quote from Jor-El in this very movie. Superman gives them something to look up to. Something that inspires others. Jor-El knew humans have potential, but they needed a kick.

#1: From the looks of it, and as was done before, Jor-El is responsible for Zod's downfall. Zod has a bone to pick with the House of El. A very sharp and pointy bone. And Supes stays because this is the only world he's known. He never knew about Krypton. Earth is home to him. And if he can do something about it, why not stay and fight for your home?

The only part of that article that I agree with and have been thinking about also since I saw it in the 3rd trailer is the bit with Loise talking about the symbol. Really does seem a bit arrogant and insulting to "correct" an alien being on what that symbol is/means.

Chris

True, but he is being questioned for some reason, she could just be trying to get under his skin?

Reporters today don't really report the news as much as they try to make an angle. If Lois Lane can coin a phrase or name the flying stranger that can put an entire story into on headline then the Daily Planet sells millions of copies.

Articles like that only tell me one thing, pay the whopping $10.00, go the see the film for yourself then form an actual opinion.

Some many times I've heard/read (TV, Online) why a movie sucks, Oscar worthy or was lame, then I watch it & walk a away with two thoughts... Well that person nailed it on the head for sucking, or damn that person needs to lay off the weed, cause that was indeed awesome.