I like the morality issue...he has to make choices whether to use his abilities or do nothing to blend in. I'm not a comics reader nor a Smallville watcher, but I've never seen a movie or cartoon adaptation of the character that focused on that side of his morality. That makes him, and the movie by extension, much more interesting than if this was just another Superman vs movie to showcase his powers. With the apparent focus being on Clark's internal struggles and choices to balance blending in and doing the right thing, I hope Zod is also invested with some depth of character beyond his hatred for Jor-El and desire for vengeance.

I like Zach Snyder's movies, the way he sees things, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to like this take on the character.

I like the morality issue...he has to make choices whether to use his abilities or do nothing to blend in.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, the movie will try to address simple questions for Clark Kent;

(spoiler'd in case people would rather wait till the movie comes)

"Why am I here? Who am I? What am I suppose to do?" The teasers that came out at SDCC 2012 touch on what Clark Kent is, but they leave questions of what comes next up to Clark to make

Teaser: Jor-El dialog

Teaser Jonathon Kent dialog

• 3 months later...

How tall is this guy? From the photos I've seen so far, he seems a bit short, but maybe it's just the angles. Arms look kind of short in proportion to his head....or maybe it's just cause his arms are huge.

Kind of split on this movie. The story looks pretty good.. but the visuals look like total crap.

Obviously they are going with an Iron-Man type of scheme with the armors, and trying to make it look "Avengery". I don't like any of the costumes at all. Doesn't look like superman. Also, I'm worried that it will be nothing but blurs and shaky cam explosions where you won't get much of a sense of seeing Super Man fight.

Also, hoping their won't be some dreadful love story.

But I like everything Zack's done, just about. I'll go into it with low expectations.

Edited by Gakken85

Kind of split on this movie. The story looks pretty good.. but the visuals look like total crap.

Obviously they are going with an Iron-Man type of scheme with the armors, and trying to make it look "Avengery". I don't like any of the costumes at all. Doesn't look like superman. Also, I'm worried that it will be nothing but blurs and shaky cam explosions where you won't get much of a sense of seeing Super Man fight.

Also, hoping their won't be some dreadful love story.

But I like everything Zack's done, just about. I'll go into it with low expectations.

The suit designs and the Krypton redesign stuff is all from the more recent Comics. Times change and DC Rebooted their whole universe. So no it is not the classic era Superman. It is a updated version.

I personally don't care for the costume but I like where this film is going.

Iron Man parts? There isn't an inch of armor on the new Superman outfit.

I'm with Duke Togo, i see nothing that remotely resembles Iron Man armor on Superman. Blue, red, a cape and a giant S on his chest... looks like Superman to me.

Just about everything in the trailer is awesome, the music doesn't sound like Inception, Superman looks awesome, I really like his suit design, doesn't look like Iron Man too me, Michael Shannon as Gen. Zod should be interesting to say the least (Hes a great actor), they use his Kryptonian name Kal-El which is a nice touch and that close up of the A-10's!! I'll go see this one. B))

Iron Man parts? There isn't an inch of armor on the new Superman outfit.

I didn't say superman himself, I said the armor in the film looks Iron Man like or they are trying to cash in on whatever is big at the moment. He looks like he could be one of those badguys from the avengers. Lets throw ridged crap on all the things!!!

Zod-Man-of-Steel-e1365676949469.jpg

AliensAvengers.JPG

Why in the hell does ZOD need armor? I thought that was kind of the point of being super-powered from the sun.

As for superman's costume it's too dark and looks like Spider-mans outfit... .and that weird crap on the sides.

man-of-steel-costume1-270x300.jpg

Does a super-human need hip support or something for lifting?

Shrug.

Edited by Gakken85

I didn't say superman himself

LOL, ya, you did.

And yes, Zod is wearing armor. Obviously, they're trying to copy Iron Man, because--as everyone knows--no one in the history of mankind wore armor before Jack Kirby first drew Iron Man in 1963.

Edited by Duke Togo

LOL, ya, you did.

And yes, Zod is wearing armor. Obviously, they're trying to copy Iron Man, because--as everyone knows--no one in the history of mankind wore armor before Jack Kirby first drew Iron Man in 1963.

No. No I didn't:

Obviously they are going with an Iron-Man type of scheme with the

armors, (the armors in the film, not superman's outfit) and trying to make it look "Avengery". I don't like any of the

costumes at all. Doesn't look like superman. Also, I'm worried that it

will be nothing but blurs and shaky cam explosions where you won't get

much of a sense of seeing Super Man fight.

I think you're missing the point. It's marketing to throw armor on crap because Iron Man was successful. Instead of being true to the character... who has super human durability from being in contact with the sun... they throw armor on him.

It has nothing to do with when Jack Kirby drew things.

Hey, it's cool if you're into the movie. I'll go see it myself, but the character design is just lazy.

Edited by Gakken85

No. No I didn't:

"Doesn't look like Superman to me. Looks like superman with Iron Man armor parts"

ENGLISH! DO YOU SPEAK IT!? ;)

I think you're missing the point. It's marketing to throw armor on crap because Iron Man was successful. Instead of being true to the character... who has super human durability from being in contact with the sun... they throw armor on him.

True to the character? You mean like this:

PhantomZone-adv283.JPG

Or did you mean like this?

279346-42193-general-zod.jpg

Yes, Superman, the story with Iron Man parts.

I didn't say it looks like Supermans costumer with Iron updated parts. Sorry I didn't spell it out completely literally. I forgot I was on the internet.

"Doesn't look like Superman to me. Looks like superman with Iron Man armor parts"

ENGLISH! DO YOU SPEAK IT!? ;)

True to the character? You mean like this:

PhantomZone-adv283.JPG

Or did you mean like this?

279346-42193-general-zod.jpg

That looks terrible too.

Is that Silver Samurai?

Silver-samurai.jpg

Holy crap crossover.

Also, since we're being so anal, it wouldn't be "ENGLISH! DO YOU SPEAK IT!" It would be "ENGLISH, do you type and read it."

Edited by Gakken85