While I think Amy Adams is an attractive woman, I do have to admit she does look a bit older than what Lois should look like. Not hating but Lois is supposed to be in the same age bracket as Sups if I remember correctly. Not sure who would be better though.

Should any of you wish to have a leg up, or just want to watch this flick early, and are in the LA-area:

Today the Los Angeles Film Festival, presented by Film Independent, in conjunction with Presenting Media Sponsor the Los Angeles Times and Host Partner L.A. LIVE, announced a special pre-Festival screening of Warner Bros. Pictures’ and Legendary Pictures’ Man of Steel on June 12. Starting May 10, Festival pass holders will have the exclusive opportunity to purchase tickets to this screening ahead of the general public on-sale via the Festival website. Additionally, joining the Festival line-up is a screening of Disney•Pixar’s Monsters University on June 18. The Festival also unveiled new programming, including “A Brand of His Own: Being Spike Jonze,” which features a discussion with Jonze; “The Iconic Moment,” an event honoring costume designers and the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences launch of the Costume Designers Branch, which concludes with a screening of Alfred Hitchcock’s Vertigo; and “Women in the Cut: A Celebration of Women Editors,” a conversation featuring some of today’s top editors. For more information on ticketing for both screenings as well as attending programmed events please visit www.lafilmfest.com.

http://www.lafilmfest.com/films/special-screenings/#.UYu05kqQMoM

• 2 weeks later...

WARNING: New trailer reveals a bit TOO MUCH footage. Possible side effect...nerd boner!

Seriously, don't watch it if you want some surprises in the movie, at least visual surprises.

(I know my post is like, "Don't push that big, shiny, red button!")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NlOF03DUoWc

Edited by Negotiator

Eh, spoilers really mean nothing to me as no matter how I imagine something going down it's always going to look and feel different when I actually see it play out on screen. So seeing even glimpses of story in a trailer won't ruin the experience for me. Or is it hasn't yet.

Terminator 2 could have done without a trailer. Can you imagine how mind blowing the film would have been if you didn't know Arnie was going to be a good guy until halfway through the film? Would have been *ucking epic, but the trailer totally spoiled it.

Terminator 2 could have done without a trailer. Can you imagine how mind blowing the film would have been if you didn't know Arnie was going to be a good guy until halfway through the film? Would have been *ucking epic, but the trailer totally spoiled it.

That's a good point.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else read the film's digital prequel comic? It's written by Goyer (who also wrote the movie) so can't just say it's fluff. I'm so excited for this movie whether they go into what comic eludes to or not.

The thing with Superman is....how can Batman be relevant in the same world with forces as depicted in that last Nokia trailer?

It is why the Marvel based movies work individually and as a collective whole.....and why DC movies on film can only exist on their own...I can possibly see Green Lantern...but not Batman as currently interpreted...

With that said...really looking forward to Man of Steel....

Batman can do it just like he does in the JLA toons. (Definitely not Nolan's Bman) Use lots of gadgets and outsmart the enemy. No meat head kryptonian has got the twisted brain "mr. contingency plan" has.

Now... OH MY GAWD, I'M LOSING MY $HIT WAITING FOR THIS MOVIE.

...please don't be like IM3 or ST2

Faster than a speeding bullet? Probably not. More powerful than a locomotive? Least likely. Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound? Don't think so. Nevertheless, Chrysler brings you the one-off Ram Man of Steel Power Wagon. The cross-promotional campaign includes a special print ad illustrated by Superman: Earth One's Shane Davis.

2013-Dodge-Ram-Truck-Man-of-Steel-Studio

2013-Dodge-Ram-Truck-Man-of-Steel-Studio

2013-Dodge-Ram-Truck-Man-of-Steel-Movie-

2013 Dodge Ram Truck Man of Steel

Edited by areaseven

Just finished watching this film. It's pretty good, though it's far from what most viewers expected. It adds a lot of alien and sci-fi elements not seen in the previous movies, while at the same time, expands on the human element of Kal-El.

Russell Crowe's portrayal of Jor-El is somewhat opposite of Marlon Brando's version; while Brando has told Kal-El never to interfere with Earth matters, Crowd tells him he is destined to inspire the human race. Amy Adams is by far the most energetic actress to play Lois Lane. Michael Shannon lacks Terence Stamp's charisma as General Zod, but makes up for it with brute force.

Perhaps the weakest link in the film is Henry Cavill. While it's expected that he'll never top Christopher Reeve, Cavill is just too stiff in his acting, resulting in a somewhat lifeless portrayal of Superman.

Hans Zimmer knows he can't top John Williams, but his orchestral score is adequate, though it's mostly rehashes of his works from Inception.

Overall, it's nowhere close to the Richard Donner films, but it's still a very good superhero movie.

Edited by areaseven