Have you seen some of these teaser trailers these days? The Dark Knight's teaser trailer only had voice-overs and logos. The Amazing Spider-man's teaser just showed him running on a roof till a building showed a reflection. This is on par to what other teasers have put out.

Si.

Then maybe a deep down personal bias against Superman? I dunno. I hope the movie is fantastic, I have reasonable expectations with Nolan attached as a Producer but usually teasers, voice over only or not, do something more to pique my interest.

-b.

Contrails and sonic boom.

Chemtrails man, Superman is working the alien conspiracy and trying to spread mind controlling chemicals around the earth.

The teaser does leave some clues as to the things I've read about the movie.

Although it will be a mash-up of stories, there was word about a year ago that the story drew from elements of Superman: Birthright. Much like how Batman Begins drew from Batman: Year One, Batman: The Long Halloween and a few others. This popped up prior to SDCC:

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2012/07/10/new-man-of-steel-plot-details-leak/

And judging by the SDCC panel reports, that seems to be the case. Hence, why you see Clark on a fishing boat, hitch hiking, etc.. They're doing a kind of abbreviated form of Smallville with Birthright elements in there. Search the 'net for this movie and Birthright together and you'll see lots of results.

The teaser does leave some clues as to the things I've read about the movie.

Although it will be a mash-up of stories, there was word about a year ago that the story drew from elements of Superman: Birthright. Much like how Batman Begins drew from Batman: Year One, Batman: The Long Halloween and a few others. This popped up prior to SDCC:

http://spinoff.comic...t-details-leak/

And judging by the SDCC panel reports, that seems to be the case. Hence, why you see Clark on a fishing boat, hitch hiking, etc.. They're doing a kind of abbreviated form of Smallville with Birthright elements in there. Search the 'net for this movie and Birthright together and you'll see lots of results.

Sounds like I have a new graphic novel to read. Thanks -

-b.

• 4 months later...

Now I want to see it. Certainly more interesting looking than the “Stopping a huge chunk of glass from falling” finale we got last time… soooooo epic :wacko:

one question, how does superman shave and cut his hair, doesn't it retain the same high tensile strength as the rest of him?

On the comics, I think they once said he bounced his headvision off of a mirror or special reflective surface towards his face to cut the hairs.

Finally got home and had a second chance to go through the trailer and gather my thoughts. I must say that aside from everything else we've seen in the posters and trailers, I am very intrigued by the direction they've chosen to approach Superman. If they deliver on what is being shown here, I think it's a brilliant take on the character. The most common complaint you always hear about the adaptation of Superman is whether the world really wants to see the character at all. Is Superman too old-fashioned? Is the character at all relevant for our times? Is Superman a character far too out of touch with modern audiences? This trailer appears to be asking exactly those questions about the character and sure enough, the trailer ends with a big question to the audience watching it..."What do you think?" I think they've nailed the perfect way to hook audiences on Superman by making a film that takes aim dead center of that common criticism and doesn't back down.

I only hope the full film delivers on the promise they've shown here. For my part, I'm definitely ready for a world with a great new Superman film.

one question, how does superman shave and cut his hair, doesn't it retain the same high tensile strength as the rest of him?

Like everyone has said he uses his heat vision and a mirror in the comics. Though it doesn't really make sense to me because the heat needed to burn his hair would melt the mirror? Maybe in the movie they'll go with a Kryptonian blade (Smallville reference) or he just scratches it off with his fingernails like Hancock. lol