Official Yamato v.2 1/60 VF-1S TV Version

Macross World Daddy

I want to get tv roy at some point. That is the story canon after all. No way roy suvived the end of the war through the use of zentradi cloning chambers to appear as an actor in the movie. He was shot down, forgot to see a doctor and was officially known as the guy who got beaten by some rookie girl mech pilots thanks to his drunken behavior..Not having the tv series version is just a DYRL fanboy's excuse to avoid this harsh truth.

Shin on the other hand.. he beat his woman rival despite an earlier humiliation in hand to hand combat and then got to fly to space for free where hikaru minmay and misa are waiting for everyone having a huge party at the centre of the galaxy where all the space whales go to for refuge away from scientists who want to extract things from them for study.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

He was shot down, forgot to see a doctor and was officially known as the guy who got beaten by some rookie girl mech pilots thanks to his drunken behavior..

Eh? Milia was the one who killed him, no?

Gotta have a Roy 1/60 toy... he's the Man! Hikaru's sempai...

Guess what?

Mine arrived in town at about 8:30 am. That's usually a little too late to go out on Today's mail.

But it wasn't! It is Express Mail it left the post office at about 9:20 am. I checked my mail box at 11:40 am. I found a "Sorry we Missed You - Please come to us Tomorrow to pick it up yourself" note. I haven't left my place at all between 9:20 & 11:40. No one knocked on my door. Mail box and my door are not next to eachother. Lazy fat apeface was to fricken lazy to walk. This was the expensive postage I paid for. Now I have to pick it up myself? Can't they call this shitface mailman on a mobile phone and make him turn around and make him walk his fat ass to my door?

This happened to me all the time when something came USPS. I sat in my living room on the couch watching tv because I already knew the package was out for delivery and what do you know I go out to check the mail eventually because noone knocks and it's past 12pm and there's a note. Only once has a certain "mailman" knocked appropriately and it was a substantially large and expensive package he probably had to take care of appropriately. So I can understand your frustrations and honestly your best bet is to hope for a new driver as this has alleviated some of my rage more recently...

In topic related news I received my TV Roy yesterday and it looked excellent in package. Further overly critical observations are forthcoming when I actually have the time to handle it more today. I'd have to agree with other posters that the base colour really "pops".

EDIT:

Here's a quick slide with comparison shots with DYRL Roy

th_YamatoTVRoy7-08-2010001.jpg

My shoulder pins are smooth btw. Not sure if you can tell from the crappy shots or not.

Edited by bluemax151

Well I picked him up and played the Strike Packs on him. I know TV Roy with DYRL? Strike Packs isn't accurate but I don't mind. Gotta love the easier Crotch System. When you're drunk you need to have a easy system down there to avoid accidents. Shoulder joints were really tight to the point I could barely move them had to lossen the screws a tad.

Now I have about 6 of these V2.

Yes! My TV -1S Roy just arrived yesterday. Can't wait to transform it after work today! Too bad I waited so long to buy the SUPER packs, though--

it's sold out at HLJ, and AmiAmi doesn't carry them. Guess I shouldn't have procrastinated for so long.

Now I'll either have to buy the Hikaru version as well, or opt for the DYRL Anniversary Plus set.

BTW, is the color of the SUPER parts on the Anniversary Plus set the same as the TV version's? While I'd prefer to buy a different VF rather than the same -1S just for its SUPER pack, I don't want to end up with inaccurate colors.

I just hope HLJ might restock those SUPER packs someday.

Edited by GU-11

Yes! My TV -1S Roy just arrived yesterday. Can't wait to transform it after work today! Too bad I waited so long to buy the SUPER packs, though--

it's sold out at HLJ, and AmiAmi doesn't carry them. Guess I shouldn't have procrastinated for so long.

Now I'll either have to buy the Hikaru version as well, or opt for the DYRL Anniversary Plus set.

BTW, is the color of the SUPER parts on the Anniversary Plus set the same as the TV version's? While I'd prefer to buy a different VF rather than the same -1S just for its SUPER pack, I don't want to end up with inaccurate colors.

The are only 2 different colors of fastpacks available for V2, and they are distinguished by TV or DYRL, not super or strike parts.

You get strike and super fast pack from DYRL fastpack, but you only get super fastpack on TV, which is self-explanatory.

The DYRL fastpack is bluish in color, while TV version is grayish in color.

And my piece of advise, do not compare your actual toy with boxart or any internet pictures. Always read the disclaimer, "The actual toy may look different from the boxart illustration".

※写真はサンプルです。実際の商品とは、多少異なる場合があります。

It's simple.

1. Every computer presents different color.

2. Many picture of the toys presented on internet and boxart are actually hand painted prototype.

Edited by Vi-RS

I don't mean to go too off topic, but I've just done a quick search for Takatoys and can't seem to find anything that's current. Is there a "secret" site I need to be looking for? ;) I'd really like to get hold of some decent decals for a WIP I've got. Any suppliers of decals are of interest to me. And are these water slide or stickers? Thanks!

Just got mine yesterday. Didn't notice anything wrong with it at all. Box art surprised me, not a huge fan as it doesn't follow the style of the other boxes in the 1/60 line at all, but I'm sooooooooo glad I got this. IMO this is THE valk I've loved since I first saw it helping the vf-1d in the opening episodes of macross (ok fine I saw robotech back then but you know what I mean!). Thebright white really makes a difference, and I think after 7 tv valks, my sdfm valk army is complete (well complete enough for me!) I'm done collecting this line! Such a nice ending! childhood dream come true! Couldn't be happier!

Here is his e-mail address I got from Rabidwezil (takatoys@speedy.com.pe)

They forgot to print 001 on the tail fins and leg dorsal fins, plus the numbers on the sticker sheet are in black and not white, and to add insult to injury the sensors on the arms are still DYRL yellow but I solved that issue by trimming and placing the red TV sensors over them.

Here is a EBay link to someone who is selling it. hope you get it.T.V. VF-1S Super Valkyrie

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Yay! I got mine today, I missed the postman fot the first time and had to pick it up from the post office, but aaaany way... :rolleyes:

Edited by Froy

Yay! I got mine today, I missed the postman fot the first time and had to pick it up from the post office, but aaaany way... :rolleyes:

Hikaru and Minmay will be doomed when Roy transforms from battroid to fighter mode with the gun pod in hand....

Here is his e-mail address I got from Rabidwezil (takatoys@speedy.com.pe)

Thanks Hornet! I got a pretty fast reply. Unfortunately, he only does stickers, not water slide decals. Oh well...

Love those pics! Been waiting a while to see someone do that scene!

The are only 2 different colors of fastpacks available for V2, and they are distinguished by TV or DYRL, not super or strike parts.

You get strike and super fast pack from DYRL fastpack, but you only get super fastpack on TV, which is self-explanatory.

The DYRL fastpack is bluish in color, while TV version is grayish in color.

And my piece of advise, do not compare your actual toy with boxart or any internet pictures. Always read the disclaimer, "The actual toy may look different from the boxart illustration".

※写真はサンプルです。実際の商品とは、多少異なる場合があります。

It's simple.

1. Every computer presents different color.

2. Many picture of the toys presented on internet and boxart are actually hand painted prototype.

Thanks for the info. Actually, I don't have a habit of comparing the real item with promo pics and boxart. In the case of the VF-0S, it was a reissue of a figure that had quite a few QC problems, and it actually came in the same box. I had no prior experience with the fig, and the off-white color made me somewhat suspicious. I've become rather careful around any reissued VF's after Yamato's little "recycling initiative" with Hikaru's GBP-1 set.

But I digress.

If the color difference isn't too glaring, I might settle for the Hikaru Anniversary Plus set, since I've always wanted that cool-looking beam canon. Then again, having two VF-1S's side by side would be totally awesome. Decisions, decisions....

Would have just bought both the Roy AND Hikaru -1S if I hadn't splurged so much on the other VF's this past month. And there's still the reissued YF-19 coming up (will have to wait for a review on that one, though--hopefully the floppy arms have been resolved by now).

Here is a EBay link to someone who is selling it. hope you get it.T.V. VF-1S Super Valkyrie

Thanks, man, but I was actually looking for a separate FAST pack set, without the VF. BTW, why are people bidding for the Hikaru VF-1S when there are still tons of them out there at HLJ, AmiAmi and Hobby Search?

Aw man someone beat me to it still just where did you get that strap from? On the plus side got more pics of my Roy with the slight modification to the arm sensors and some shots with my VF-1D.

1/60 vrs. crappy 1/72 model I did years back.

100_2753.jpg

100_2754.jpg

Yellow sensor (Before)

100_2757.jpg

red sensor (after) how'd you like my trimming skills.

100_2755.jpg

Roy and Hikaru searches for Minamy.

100_2761.jpg

100_2762.jpg

saved.

100_2766.jpg

100_2768.jpg

Roy and the gang together at last

100_2769.jpg

Crotching Roy Hidden Enemy.

100_2771.jpg

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

i dont know if is for the flash in the pics but the visor head looks more clear in comparison with the dyrl version could anyone confirm this?

I tried to show it in my slide but yes the TV version has a more vibrant and clear visor than my original DYRL.

I want to get tv roy at some point. That is the story canon after all. No way roy suvived the end of the war through the use of zentradi cloning chambers to appear as an actor in the movie. He was shot down, forgot to see a doctor and was officially known as the guy who got beaten by some rookie girl mech pilots thanks to his drunken behavior..Not having the tv series version is just a DYRL fanboy's excuse to avoid this harsh truth.

Weird sentiment. The story may be the canon version but the Valkyrie designs aren't. Chunky hands FTL.

Oy, I told myself I wouldn't get anymore V.2s, but I might grab one of these later on. It looks pretty sweet in that white color.

I'll just have to come up with one more to get so I can have a full squadron..smile.gif I dunno which I would want though. Maybe I'll wait and see if there are any custom schemes that come out later.

Edited by Chronocidal

And how are the joints?

To the guy saying tv version design is not canon:

I thought the tv series valkyries were canon back in the day when the war was on but by the time of the in-universe 'DYRL movie' they were forced to use the newer vf-1 with the improvements because there were no more SW1 vf-1 left? (different cockpit with the B G F levers to change forms instead of using the sticks like we see in the movie)

Yeah I get that bubble hands are not canon and that exedor might not be canon (as we see he has tentacles in macross 7) but those planes from SW1 in the tv series were. (just that those were no longer around by the time the movie was made so the makers of the movie just went with newer vf-1 in place of the originals)

Look I like the more adult minmay from dyrl just like the rest of them, just that I don't accept the characters from the DYRL version or the valks (where all pilot character is in skull squad with different coloured jolly rogers symbol on their heat shields) as the canon for those people. The DYRL valks do exist, just that roy died before strike pakcs were invented because the real timeline wouldn't have allowed him to see the newer vf-1 where he could change forms by tilting the throttle.

Anyway, maybe Kawamori will change this so that "tilting the throttle to change forms" did exist before roy died just like he changed the colour of shins valk from white to grey in macross zero so this debate is meaningless.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker