Official Yamato v.2 1/60 VF-1S TV Version

Macross World Daddy

I think AmiAmi still beat HLJ despite HLJ has 70%, I could be wrong.

Amiami does, even with 70% off on shipping HLJ charged me 10,472 JPY but, the VF-1S on amiami is 7850 JPY against HLJ - 9800 JPY. Amiami is little bit cheaper than HLJ.

Yup, why I'm getting the Roy without it. I always preferred DYRL FAST packs. Looks like AmiAmi on back order. Maybe I'll hit up Frank & Sons tomorrow and pay the premium for instant gratification (if they have any).

Yup, why I'm getting the Roy without it. I always preferred DYRL FAST packs. Looks like AmiAmi on back order. Maybe I'll hit up Frank & Sons tomorrow and pay the premium for instant gratification (if they have any).

I wonder how well the Super Set will sell...

They should have include both pilots!

Edited by ff95gj

I wonder how well the Super Set will sell...

They should have include both pilots!

Because Roy was killed before he got chance to put on the super packs and hikaru is the one that take over the vf-1s and armed with super packs later in tv show.

Because Roy was killed before he got chance to put on the super packs and hikaru is the one that take over the vf-1s and armed with super packs later in tv show.

I think he knew that, but it would be cool for the SUPER set to come with both pilots so you wouldn't have to buy the solo release just for the Roy pilot figure. Little as it is, the Roy pilot figure is a draw to the solo set.

I think he knew that, but it would be cool for the SUPER set to come with both pilots so you wouldn't have to buy the solo release just for the Roy pilot figure. Little as it is, the Roy pilot figure is a draw to the solo set.

Yeap... So we can put in Focker without the Super Parts, and swap in Hikaru with them.

I know the absence of Focker in the Super bundle has turned off quite a few people. Especially most of us already have already got the Super parts.

A link to share:

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-131534-1-1.html

Yeap... So we can put in Focker without the Super Parts, and swap in Hikaru with them.

I know the absence of Focker in the Super bundle has turned off quite a few people. Especially most of us already have already got the Super parts.

A link to share:

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-131534-1-1.html

well we all know that Yamato is not gonna go that route, they would have included VF-1A and VF-1S head for Hikaru dyrl valkyries if they did.

Mold milking after the sempai Hasegawa....

Ok, well today I went to Yokohama for some jewelry shopping with my girls and swung by the Yodobashi camera, and after tearing myself apart I decided to get Roy 1S over the Bandai junk with Macross stamped on it, thus eventually canceling my pre-order with Ami Ami since I can't wait for PayPal to process my funds. It cost 9260 yen instead of the 8350 from Ami Ami. It is nice and tight and unlike my last VF-1, the pegs came off nice and easy and the shoulders don't have knurled pins. One thing that seemed kind of weird was the index finger on the right hand, it seemed long or something, it didn't go inside the trigger guard as easily as others. Another thing I noticed was that the tampo printing on one side of the shoulders seemed botched around the edges where the black paint ends. Kinda annoying but not noticeable from a distance and you'll probably forget about it in the long run. Nice piece to add to your collection so now I'll swap off the DYRL? Skull squad Valks for the TV show versions on the display stands. I think I'll get another VF-1S with the FPs, not quite sure though.

I got mine today. Seems to have more tampo on it. Happy to say NO rainbow coating on the canopy!

The tampo on the shoulders of yours is alright? Hmm, must just be mine. I wish it did have the rainbow tinting to the canopy so it's a bit more uniform with the rest of Vermillion Squad. I panel lined it and it looks awesome. I got around to switching the DYRL valks on the mighty block stands and they look more elegant than the FP'ed ones once on display.

Guess what?

Mine arrived in town at about 8:30 am. That's usually a little too late to go out on Today's mail.

But it wasn't! It is Express Mail it left the post office at about 9:20 am. I checked my mail box at 11:40 am. I found a "Sorry we Missed You - Please come to us Tomorrow to pick it up yourself" note. I haven't left my place at all between 9:20 & 11:40. No one knocked on my door. Mail box and my door are not next to eachother. Lazy fat a-hole was to fricken lazy to walk. This was the expensive postage I paid for. Now I have to pick it up myself? Can't they call this shitface mailman on a mobile phone and make him turn around and make him walk his fat ass to my door? Hey if I ordered a Pizza to be delivered you better believe they would get it to me. If the delivery driver was an idiot. The manager would be coming to my door with free bread sticks. They don't make me come to them for my pizza.

Plus I hear the USPS wants to raise postage again. What a great fricken business plan. Why don't they just copy private companies example? If less people aren't going to stores or restaurants they don't charge the people who are still doing business with them more. That would be stupid. They haves sales and advertise to entice you to use them.

I can't believe all the quality control issues some people are having, mine arrived and it's completely fine, not a flaw on it. You really can't knock the toy that much since it's the first release, it's still hit and miss just as much as any yamato figure, and I personally prefer the battroid on this guy to any other VF-1 available.

Got mine today and I'm uploading the pics onto my photobucket account, just the fighter mode pics and the boxes for now as soon I get the stickers from takatoys the Super will be decaled but today I will start on Roy. Please don't scream because I paid for it as soon I got the notice from HLJ heh,heh,heh :D .

100_2743.jpg

Roy

100_2744.jpg

Hikaru

100_2745.jpg

Roy in flight

100_2746.jpg

Roy and Hikaru

100_2751.jpg

100_2752.jpg

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Got mine today and I'm uploading the pics onto my photobucket account, just the fighter mode pics and the boxes for now as soon I get the stickers from takatoys the Super will be decaled but today I will start on Roy. Please don't scream because I paid for it as soon I got the notice from HLJ heh,heh,heh :D .

100_2743.jpg

I think this is the most beautiful box Yamato has ever come up with. They should learn a thing or two from Bandai when comes to box arts.

Pictures of all 3 modes

Picture of Diorama setting

A general introduction of story line

Specification of the valkyrie

I don't mean to go too off topic, but I've just done a quick search for Takatoys and can't seem to find anything that's current. Is there a "secret" site I need to be looking for? ;) I'd really like to get hold of some decent decals for a WIP I've got. Any suppliers of decals are of interest to me. And are these water slide or stickers? Thanks!

Just got mine yesterday. Didn't notice anything wrong with it at all. Box art surprised me, not a huge fan as it doesn't follow the style of the other boxes in the 1/60 line at all, but I'm sooooooooo glad I got this. IMO this is THE valk I've loved since I first saw it helping the vf-1d in the opening episodes of macross (ok fine I saw robotech back then but you know what I mean!). Thebright white really makes a difference, and I think after 7 tv valks, my sdfm valk army is complete (well complete enough for me!) I'm done collecting this line! Such a nice ending! childhood dream come true! Couldn't be happier!

I just got my Roy VF-1S today. I totally LOVE the way this thing looks. The bright white on yellow and black is exactly how I remember Roy's Valk and it looks stunning to me. Out of all my Valks I might be the most happy with how this one looks.