Battlestar Galactica Discussion IV with Blood And Chrome

Science fiction has just been getting no love lately, I guess people are just more interested in seeing a bunch of over-tanned idiots from New Jersey consume the world's precious oxygen and food.

Feels that way sometimes doesn't it.

Science fiction has just been getting no love lately, I guess people are just more interested in seeing a bunch of over-tanned idiots from New Jersey consume the world's precious oxygen and food.

Please don't remind me of these people, I have to live here! Also, while they may be in New Jersey, those idiots are not from New Jersey. I can speak for pretty much all of us that we certainly don't want them here!

They sound like the people from The Only Way Is Essex, a suposed fly on the wall documentry which is about as fly on the wall as Starwars or Lord of the Rings.

It pandas to the morron masses who for the most part think that Essex is actualy like that, granted that there are a few people like that but on the whole they are far from it.

It has its boat load of cast who are now famous for being famous,and really really shouldnt be. Add to that several spin off clones on other channels. T.V is going down hill.

Oxygen theives, you got to hate em!

The main issue is profit. If "syfy" started churning out more quality big budget programming, people would continue to expect it from them. If they can get people to keep supporting their low budget supercrap, then no one will expect more than that, and they'll continue to rake it in.

This has been going on since before the "sci-fi" channel existed, back when whoever is apparently currently in charge there was in charge of the USA network original movies.

Please don't remind me of these people, I have to live here! Also, while they may be in New Jersey, those idiots are not from New Jersey. I can speak for pretty much all of us that we certainly don't want them here!

As another Jersey boy I have to ditto that. I once (ONCE!) tuned in the show just to see a couple of Jersey locations. I watched about 30 seconds before I got disgusted - not only are the people on the show repulsive specimens of humanity, the scene was just an indoor shot of an apartment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x3cNFVhNj0

This tune always springs to mind when ever the conversation turns to how crap televisual media has become.

Ironically the company who I used to work for and is usually bashed for its media doesnt own SyFy/SciFi network. Edited by big F

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x3cNFVhNj0

This tune always springs to mind when ever the conversation turns to how crap televisual media has become.

Earlier version (but basically done by the same guys)

I'm also very glad that the "reality" boom has not crossed over here. (knock on vast quantities of wood)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Great!!!!

On a side note..WHERE IS BLOOD AND CHROME!!!!

Sadly sitting in a vault of some CEO at Syfy who said "You want your precious BSG, go Frak yourselves" (Insert evil laugh)

We can only hope, FX, AMC, HBO or someone buys the rights and gives Caprica a 2nd chance as well BSG B&C the day of light!

It's been a year or 2 since Caprica ended? Yeah, it's not coming back. Cast and crew have moved on.

It would be great if they released Blood & Chrome as a standalone TV movie but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm actually fine with how Caprica ended. The remaining loose ends can easily be addressed in a Cylon war era story.Now why syfy doesn't just drop Blood & Chrome on blu-ray I don't understand. It's assumedly done,so why not recoup those costs. But then I can't help but wonder why Universal refuses to put Caprica out on Bluray either. It's like someone decided the franchise was Cancer...

I'm actually fine with how Caprica ended. The remaining loose ends can easily be addressed in a Cylon war era story.Now why syfy doesn't just drop Blood & Chrome on blu-ray I don't understand. It's assumedly done,so why not recoup those costs. But then I can't help but wonder why Universal refuses to put Caprica out on Bluray either. It's like someone decided the franchise was Cancer...

I'm sure theres a reason why they haven't yet (probably a lame one) but I totally agree with B&C, if they made it and I'm 99.9% sure it was completed with music and all from Bear McCreary, Showcase your Bits and put it out on Disc!

Or as Fry says:

post-6180-0-68584800-1350873187_thumb.jpg

Now why syfy doesn't just drop Blood & Chrome on blu-ray I don't understand. It's assumedly done,so why not recoup those costs.

I'm guessing, just guessing, but I think the CGI effects did not end up as desired for the bridge and other interior shots (the CGI in Sanctuary always looked a bit dodgy and I thought the same company did them, mixing that with the detail that existed in the BSG bridge shot and it spells disaster). Then again, crappy CGI has never been an impediment to SyFy in the past...

Current SyFy 'movies' being a case in point...

Oh, how I wish Singer/DeSanto had been able to get their Battlestar Galactica show to the TV...

I'm not saying I hated the Moore show, it was very good, the but the stories were too much like a soap opera rather than a space opera...

How is a soap opera different from a space opera? The series did take place in space, for the most part...

Edited by myk

• 2 weeks later...