I've been drooling over the clip and took some stills of the awesomeness:

9ae0ef218904824.jpg

Classy classic Basestars!

1b1b44218904861.jpg

CG environment > random canadian forest

0e1378218904890.jpg af3d59218904914.jpg

Galactica still has it's full armor on

f652d7218904940.jpg

Gorilla Cylons? Love the Lazer Eye effect. And what's that hanging at the wall?

c4585f218904965.jpg

Apparently, you can beat the Gorilla Cylons with a pointed stick.

7314e3218904984.jpg

Lens flare abound.

80924b218905003.jpg

Razor Raiders.

e9a546218905019.jpg

To widen the demographic, this one has Dinosaurs, too.

2a9bd6218905037.jpg

The colorful space battles remind me of the days of Sierra's "Freespace" game.

Note the Uber-Basestar at the left.

fa7d01218905053.jpg

T-800 Cylon

Edited by electric indigo

I am happy it is coming out, but I'm going to wait for it on TV (and then watch the DVD). I really HATE watching a show in 10 minute chunks and then needing to click another link to get the next one going - commercials are bad enough (and these 10 minute chunks ARE going to have commercials too)

This just warmed my heart :) on a Cold day.

I hope to see this real soon, though it 'll probably end up on some pay per view channel over here that Ican't / dont get and will have to torrent or wait for a Blu-Ray release, but looks good any how. Enough classic toasters and tech in there to look good and still kick it to the old series as well as the reimage.

f652d7218904940.jpg

Gorilla Cylons? Love the Lazer Eye effect. And what's that hanging at the wall?

Does that look like a Sharon/Boomer to you ? Could this be a point where the original was "scanned" to make the Skin Jobs ?

Edited by big F

It was good. I had to calm myself down before I watched it, make sure I wasn't just gonna like IT because it's BSG. 1st part is standard but 2nd part is great. And both parts looked great. I had a problem with too much sound in space in the first scene but *snip*... rest of it was more muffled. I think they can back off a bit more on the sound. The original reboot always made it feel like the vipers and raptors were just hurdling thru space with very little thrust and it gave an awesome feeling. This sneak felt big though.... it ain't no webisode, I can tell you that much.

Oh yeah... software engineer.... HOT!

I am happy it is coming out, but I'm going to wait for it on TV (and then watch the DVD). I really HATE watching a show in 10 minute chunks and then needing to click another link to get the next one going - commercials are bad enough (and these 10 minute chunks ARE going to have commercials too)

I too, will wait for home release.

Thoughts:

Spoiler'd for those who are avoiding watching it till the SyFy showing or home video release next year...

-LENS FLARE!!!!! MY EYES!!!!! Did they really have to use the JJ Abbrams-Star Trek-filter.

-Interesting choice for Galactica's CO. Didn't he play the cop investigating STO terrorists bombings in Caprica? :lol:

-Nice to see the Raptors of this day didn't have FTL drives

-Lots of CG sets. That must have driven the costs up for this show in post-production when they made this. Probably one of the many reasons it got canned.

-Sure pack'd 'em into these old ships. That's one crowded landing bay.

-Guess showing Galactica's internals also contributed to the costs for this show. Nice to see a lift being used to get from one part of the ship to the other.

-Speaking of Galactica...Guess the higher production values of this show meant they could do some things. That's a much bigger CIC.

I couldn't help myself, I watched it...

AWESOME!

The interior shots did not look cheesy at all, characters were interesting, and the plot hooked me in right away. Why can't Syfy try for this level of show all the time?

[edit] Other then the budget, surely they could try a little harder on their cheeper creepers...

Edited by Dynaman

Wow, that flight deck is a lot busier than it will be in 40 years.

I think now I'll wait til I can watch the whole thing in 1 sitting. These snippets will get annoying.

Overall, a good start. I will say that it appears the director REALLY liked the '09 Star Trek.

(null)

I think I'll watch this tonight. I don't want to wait and risk Syfy not putting it on or something. They seem to hate any good sci-fi show these days even though the name of the channel is Syfy.

I think I'll watch this tonight. I don't want to wait and risk Syfy not putting it on or something. They seem to hate any good sci-fi show these days even though the name of the channel is Syfy.

SyFy will air the 2-hour pilot in early 2013. The unrated Blu-ray/DVD currently has a street date of Feb. 19, 2013. Whether you want to watch it now or wait till it comes out early next year is up to you.

Dumb question but I though I would ask, are these the same MK II Vipers from the previous BSG series or a slightly different design or variant? (Besides the different Squadron colors) The main intakes, Engine exhausts are not the same and even the canopy seem slightly more rounded.

Dumb question but I though I would ask, are these the same MK II Vipers from the previous BSG series or a slightly different design or variant? (Besides the different Squadron colors) The main intakes, Engine exhausts are not the same and even the canopy seem slightly more rounded.

Ideally, they're suppose to be the same just as the Cylon Raiders we see should be the same as the ones from BSG: Razor, but I'm sure there are some slight differences. Since the production values seemed to be higher than what they were back in the re-imaged series, I'm sure they took this opportunity to really "redesign"/cleanup the stuff they used previously.

Lol, yeah I love how the further we go back in any sci-fi series: Star Wars, Star Trek, BSG, etc, the better everything looks. It was great seeing the Galactica again though, and I missed hearing the audio report of the Dradis...

Edited by myk

They should do what they did for Halo -- Re-do the original in stunning 360 graphics and the newer havok engine.

Admittedly it's esier with CGI characters as they dont age in the same way as the BSG original series cast has. New CGI space scenes would help though, although no ammount of CGI would ever get rid of the cheese factor :)

Edited by big F

Although there was nothing wrong with the ships in the original series, just the constant recycling of the battle scenes.

Tell me about it! They showed that Viper Squadron landing sequence EVERY EPISODE; you know, the one that had the one Viper bouncing as it hit the deck. Anyway, it's 5am and my head hurts-how, when does this thing air/stream?

Although there was nothing wrong with the ships in the original series, just the constant recycling of the battle scenes.

IIRC there were three or four that got regular outings one IRC was also from the film. Kudos for them in saving money though.

cant be bothered to skim through the DVDs to work out which ones.

Lol, yeah I love how the further we go back in any sci-fi series: Star Wars, Star Trek, BSG, etc, the better everything looks. It was great seeing the Galactica again though, and I missed hearing the audio report of the Dradis...

Such is the way with technology. Every year there's something new which does the old thing better/cheaper/smaller/all the above.

Fairly easily explained as being same "model" but different "block number" or variant. So it's still a Viper Mk II but probably Block 200 instead of 250 (or vice versa).