Battlestar Galactica Discussion IV with Blood And Chrome

What better way to justify their cancellation of the project than to show what little there is of it against a juggernaught that is bound to trounce it. They can later look at the ratings, see how bad they were, and pat themselves on their backs at how clever and insightful they were in their decision.

What better way to justify their cancellation of the project than to show what little there is of it against a juggernaught that is bound to trounce it. They can later look at the ratings, see how bad they were, and pat themselves on their backs at how clever and insightful they were in their decision.

That was my thought, but you said it better!

A friend from Universal gave me a choice. A Bluray of this or advanced screening of Fast And Furious 6.... uhmmm, lemme think about it...

It's weird that they wrote it in a way that it ends with a sloppy hand to hand fight and they put the awesome space Battle in the middle. I miss the series, I'm almost sure Brian Singer can top it.

A friend from Universal gave me a choice. A Bluray of this or advanced screening of Fast And Furious 6.... uhmmm, lemme think about it...

It's weird that they wrote it in a way that it ends with a sloppy hand to hand fight and they put the awesome space Battle in the middle. I miss the series, I'm almost sure Brian Singer can top it.

You have a very cool friend, my neighbor used to work for Universal in the animation dept. Its really a shame that this is probably it for BSG B&C. I'd love to see what Brian Singer can come up with.

I am very much looking forward to the Singer deal, as well. Always had a love hate with the drama and biological cylons cop out while loving the SFX and generally grounded science fiction. Gimme Lucifers and Imperious Leaders, plz!

Watched the show last night, it would have made a good series. The CGI backgrounds did get annoying after a while (or perhaps it was the lense flare - there is a REASON it used to be taboo).

Too bad Syfy axed the show before it ever even aired.

The ads for the Defiance TV show looked good, no use getting excited though since the budget for that is never going to allow Syfy to keep it more then a season (two tops)

Too bad Syfy axed the show before it ever even aired.

Wasn't really "axed" per se. It was conceived as a web series, which SyFy considered putting on TV as a backdoor pilot, but then went back to being a web-series/TV movie.

For you Battlestar model kit fans. Just got an email from buddy in LA that Moebius is going to make the Original 70's Galactica, Viper & Basestar. Thought I would share that.

Now if they would hurry up and get the Pegasus (its over due) & a Raptor released.

For you Battlestar model kit fans. Just got an email from buddy in LA that Moebius is going to make the Original 70's Galactica, Viper & Basestar. Thought I would share that.

Now if they would hurry up and get the Pegasus (its over due) & a Raptor released.

Yes, I heard that rumour last year... now that's the kit I've been waiting for! I hope its as good as that resin kit that's always out of stock. There's one of my most highly anticipated kits if it ever comes to fruition.

They already showed the CAD/colored mockups of the TOS Viper and Raider on their Facebook page. Supposedly TOS Galactica will be about the size of Pegasus.

JT has the B&C Mk III in the works in both 1/32 (big) and 1/72

Yes, I heard that rumour last year... now that's the kit I've been waiting for! I hope its as good as that resin kit that's always out of stock. There's one of my most highly anticipated kits if it ever comes to fruition.

I told him the same thing and asked "Still a rumor or its a go?" Sounds like there going to finally do it. If its as good as the new Galactica & Viper kits I'll be pleased, if higher quality and highly detailed I'll be Super Happy!

@Uxi, a B&C MK III = EPIC!! I need to start saving! I like the size comparison for the TOS Galactica.

Edited by 505thAirborne

Not a fan of the raptor either. HATE that stupid bulging bubble canopy...really kills the design for me.

Agree, though, that the B&C Rator's redesigned aft end looked nice.

Chris

Uxi, where did you get the size comparison image? I knew the III was more robust but didn't think it was that much bigger!

That's from JT Graphics Facebook page

I like how most of the tech in BSG got a lot cooler after the series :p

Yup, just like any other sci-fi/fantasy story, everything looks cooler the further back we go in time. I have to say though, if Boomer had had a Raptor with a tail gun maybe she and Helo wouldn't have had to set down on Caprica for repairs. Why would anyone delete such a feature? Peace-time design Raptor, I suppose?