Battlestar Galactica Discussion IV with Blood And Chrome

Johnny Depp involved with BattleStar Galactica? I thought April fool's was only supposed to be on the 1st?

As long as it's not Singer.

This.

Transcendence looks good from the trailer, but we'll see if it's actually a good movie.

This - though admittedly I'm really looking forward to finding out if it's good or not (fingers are firmly crossed).

Johnny Depp involved with BattleStar Galactica? I thought April fool's was only supposed to be on the 1st?

The article didn't say anything about Depp or any actors for that matter.

-b.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just a heads up for those who collect the Moebius prefinished BSG models, BBTS apparently has some of the rare Starbuck weathered versions, I bought one to replace one that got knocked off a shelf, and low and behold, I couldn't believe my eyes when I opened the launch tube package and found a rare weathered version of Starbuck's viper WHOO-HOO!!

I don't know the production numbers, but they came random packed in cases, and this one has 11/25/2013 as the production date stamped on the bottom of the model, that's the original run of the ones with the female pilot's call signs on them. Only Starbuck's viper had a weathered chase variant.

post-4560-0-86382300-1423003716_thumb.jpg

post-4560-0-68200300-1423003732_thumb.jpg

post-4560-0-98074600-1423003826_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This is the same movie project that's been in development for 7 years. It's just on its third creative team.

I have the feeling that the only reason this movie project was given the green light was because of the runaway success of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

This is post 1977 all over again....hahaha.

No doubt in the next few years, we'll see a who bunch of space opera movies, hoping to rake in some of the Star Wars dollars.

I have the feeling that the only reason this movie project was given the green light was because of the runaway success of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

No doubt in the next few years, we'll see a who bunch of space opera movies, hoping to rake in some of the Star Wars dollars.

And I'm perfectly fine with it. For every 5 or so Battle Beyond The Stars we got standouts like the two Alien films and cult classics like Last Starfighter or Enemy Mine. So while we will end up with a lot of garbage there's bound to be some gems in that pile. :)

Who knows this might finally trigger the next true Chronicles of Riddick film. :p

Did some one mention Spaceballs?

Dark Helmet: What the Hell am I lookin’ at? When does this happen in the movie?

Sandurz: Now. Whatever you’re looking at now, is happening now.

Dark Helmet: Well, what happened to then?

Sandurz: We just passed it.

Dark Helmet: When?

Sandurz: Just now.

Dark Helmet: Well, go back to then.

Sandurz: We can’t.

Dark Jelmet: Why not?

Sandurz: We already passed it.

Dark Helmet: When will then be now?

Sandurz: Soon.

I have no problem with that, maybe someone in hollywierd will find a certain in progress Space Opera book series and option it. Look down.

I'm leaning more on the side of "If Disney made all that money from that franchise, we can do the same with this one. Right?". I doubt we'll see more space operas than we have already but more nostalgia. We already got X-Files and Ghostbusters. Full House and Gilmore Girls are coming back. Why not bring back BSG? It's only been 7 years since the TV show. That's long enough, right? Let's all relive the 70s, 80s, and 90s with reboots and "reboots".

This is the same movie project that's been in development for 7 years. It's just on its third creative team.

Very true, that's why I included the word "Someday". If this ever sees the light of day I'll see it out of complete curiosity.