Battlestar Galactica Discussion IV with Blood And Chrome

Just curious if anyone knows or has heard any news if Moebius Models will be releasing a Battlestar PEGASUS kit in any near future? I've seen two resin kits on Ebay, one runs about $275.00 and the other $150.00. The pricey one looks really cool while the other (And I own a few of that sellers of BSG ships) are huge hunks of resin and the detail is so-so.

Hoping the Cylon Raider will be out soon, but I really want the PEGASUS!! B))

Well, has anybody tried asking them? They might say:

"Why, yes, we are releasing a model of the Pegasus. Here's some prototype shots. Show your friends!"

They may also say "no comment".

They've got the license for the show, and given how popular the models have been (at Capcon Ottawa 2011, there were no less than 4 Mk2 Vipers on display), I'd put money on the Pegasus coming out soon.

I actually have emailed Moebius before and the response is essentially "We're getting there or its on the drawing board" so never a definitive answer.... Only the MKII Viper & Galactica were time frame answers. The Cylon Raider was supposed to be this year, maybe next.

But yes since they have the licensing we need a RAPTOR & The PEGASUS asap!!

Well, nice to know that they intend on releasing it at some point. Good thing they're spacing them out. I don't think I could take that much awesomeness in such a short time frame.

True that, anymore awesomeness and I'll be broke & in need of another book case! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Last I heard the Moebius Pegasus should be out mid to late 2012. There's no pre-order yet on the site, but there is over at Cult TV Man.

http://www.culttvman...ION_p_1976.html

I've already pre-ordered one. :rolleyes:

As for Raptors, Bad-Azz Models has a few listing for upcoming Raptors in 1/32. Price TBD... Scroll down to bottom http://jt-graphics.com/MK_BA.html

Edited by Thom

Any news on Blood & Chrome? Or should we consider that dead?

No word yet, but SyFy usually owns up to a show getting canned, so it is probably coming along. Once it comes out and doesn't do well after 10 episodes it will get the chop though...

Maybe it will last longer if they call it "Ghost Hunters: Galactica"

I think they'd do better with a slighty futuristic Earth finding the remains of the Galactica, and maybe a few other ships. Their flight into the sun may not have gone as planned, ending up with the ships on millenia long orbits through the sol system. They're then found and brought to Earth just as the Cylons from the last episode return, and turn out to none too freindly. <_<

I'd like that better than retelling the Cylon War, especially knowing how it all ends anyway...

Edited by Thom

Last I heard the Moebius Pegasus should be out mid to late 2012. There's no pre-order yet on the site, but there is over at Cult TV Man.

http://www.culttvman...ION_p_1976.html

I've already pre-ordered one. :rolleyes:

As for Raptors, Bad-Azz Models has a few listing for upcoming Raptors in 1/32. Price TBD... Scroll down to bottom http://jt-graphics.com/MK_BA.html

That is great news about the Pegasus, I'll definitely pre-order this one.

As for the Raptor I hope they are not to pricey, cause I'll easily order one of each! B))

As for BSG Blood & Chrome I say we all wait and see how it turns out, so far there are to many movies & shows out there that get a bad rep before it releases and then we're all, Wow that was awesome! And Thom I agree with you on the idea of a futuristic Earth with remains of Colonial ships being found, that would have been cool. Correct me if I'm wrong but one of the RDM podcasts said that was one idea they had was that the Galactica slams into the Earth, then they felt the final send off to the sun was more fitting.

Edited by 505thAirborne

Maybe so, but how many people (barring any of us) watched Gall Force to even know?

It's the principle. Besides, I got the impression that since humans & cylons successfully bonded (this time) that there wouldn't be a need for another time.

I did see one of the Gal Force animes. At the end, the one woman who survived and the first human man, I assume is what he was, left the ruin of Eden (the moon) and went to populate the Earth.

That is just about what the ending of NuBSG was anyway, just with more people. What I suggested is more along the lines of Homeworld.

Of course, what I really wanted was the Galactica fleet to find an Earth with a Babylon 5 style of tech, rather than the abandon all techonology crap that they loaded on us. What a dissapointment...

I did see one of the Gal Force animes. At the end, the one woman who survived and the first human man, I assume is what he was, left the ruin of Eden (the moon) and went to populate the Earth.

That is just about what the ending of NuBSG was anyway, just with more people. What I suggested is more along the lines of Homeworld.

The only difference was that humans already existed on Earth in BSG as opposed to Gall Force where the two survivors where the very first humans on Earth.

The only difference was that humans already existed on Earth in BSG as opposed to Gall Force where the two survivors where the very first humans on Earth.

Still very similar in that the Solonoids & Paranoids had been stuck in a cycle of joining & seperating (genetically) in their cyclical war. As for BSG, assumedly the humans that eventually evolved were part colonial, part cylon, & part native to earth.

Of course, what I really wanted was the Galactica fleet to find an Earth with a Babylon 5 style of tech, rather than the abandon all techonology crap that they loaded on us. What a dissapointment...

That would have been a really bad way to end it....you completely eliminate the mysticism of the origins of Man by doing that...to quote the original intro which I think was a final nod to that. Besides you wanted something akin to BSG 1980???

There are those who believe that life here began out there, far across the universe, with tribes of humans who may have been the forefathers of the Egyptians, or the Toltecs, or the Mayans. That they may have been the architects of the great pyramids, or the lost civilizations of Lemuria or Atlantis. Some believe that there may yet be brothers of man who even now fight to survive somewhere beyond the heavens.

Edited by Zor Primus

I was wondering when someone was going to make the comparison to macross.

Well, it always comes back to Macross. Gall Force was totally derivative of Macross & mixed it with Alien. But BSG (storywise) followed pretty close to Gall Force Eternal Story/Destruction/Stardust War. The better action scenes on the other hand were very Macross-ey.

Edited by Keith

Besides you wanted something akin to BSG 1980???

Oh HELL No!! :blink:

Never ever again poison this or any other web site with references to that travesty. :angry:

It's just that coming to our modern world wouldn't help them much, and really opens the door to corny hokey-ism, and would be more than a little cliched.

Like human look-alike androids... :ph34r:

I've always wanted the original Galactica to find an Earth that was able to fight with them, against the innumerable odds of the Cylons closing in on this last bastion of humanity.

That would make an awesome series. :D

Edited by Thom

Oh HELL No!! :blink:

Never ever again poison this or any other web site with references to that travesty. :angry:

It's just that coming to our modern world wouldn't help them much, and really opens the door to corny hokey-ism, and would be more than a little cliched.

Like human look-alike androids... :ph34r:

I've always wanted the original Galactica to find an Earth that was able to fight with them, against the innumerable odds of the Cylons closing in on this last bastion of humanity.

That would make an awesome series. :D

They hit a couple planets that had some space military strenght, and usually just wound up fighting with those people. That's one thing that bugged me about the original BSG in general. The Cylons were so gung-ho on wiping out the colonial fleet, but allowed almost every other humanoid planet they came across to live, some of which they'd clearly been to before. WTF?

In other news, just finished Caprica, and honestly, I really liked it. Even though it got cut short, I think it succeeded in doing its main task, i.e. fleshing out a few parts of BSG there wasn't time for. Now we know specificaly where the colonial cylons came from, which gives us a pretty good idea of how the original Kobal cyclons came about. We know they weren't just A.I.'s that wanted to become human, and in fact were human minds raised in mechanical bodies that wanted to get back to being human...though still were just as petty as the other humans. We get a pretty good look at how their religion came about, and why they believe what they believe.

My favorite part? Ressurection, the cylon images they navigated the basestars with, angels, and likely the literal deus ex machina that was guiding everyone and prodding things to happen? All wifi-network based. Ok, maybe bluetooth based, but hilarious & ingenius in equal measure.

Only major question I felt are still left unanswered were just what was that which didn't like to be called god? The implication I get is that it was the original Kobal incarnation of what Zoe's avatar became. Why were humans able to pick up on cylon wifi-halucinations? Since cylon brains are based on human ones, the wifi too is something that's inherently based on a human ability. That explains why Baltar could tap into it. Perhaps also why everyone was able to see Starbuck after she died, in fact, that does make a good bit of sense more now.

The biggest whole Caprica getting canceled left is what happens to Tamara, she's literally just left hanging. To a lessor extent, what happens to Zoe once the Cylon war starts. Does she join with the other wifi god? Is she war collateral? I wouldn't mind a web short at some point touching on those issues. All in all, I think Caprica did what it was most intended to do, raise my like of BSG a bit more.

"Ugly Toad" would be a more fitting name for the Raptor. Still, great paintjob on the kit.

Thanks. You know, the more I look at it, the more I dislike it. Still, I like the paintjob too, so it stays in the cabinet... for now. I really do like the Mk7 Viper designs though. I don't understand why the didn't use the same designer or at least design aesthetic on the Raptor. I read somewhere that one of the actual scriptwriters or show-runners did the original 'design' for the Raptor (only hearsay), and this might go some way to explaining why it looks like such an 'ugly toad'. If not, apologies to the original designer, but I still don't like the design.

I like the design difference between the raptors and the vipers. Vipers are fighter craft designed for dogfighting (despite the attempt to show them using somewhat realistic physics). Raptors are support craft designed to do scouting and other general duty. Think of the difference in look between an F15 and a C-130, near perfect match. (or an F15 and one of our current radar planes with the big radar dish on the top)

I much prefer the original storyline. We didn't create them. The actual Cylons, the lizards, made them as their military arm. Then I think it was that the machines revolted against them, and pretty much all life in existance. The only thing I really like about the newer show is the ships. And the Raptors, I would think, more fits the roll of an attack helicoptor/shuttle.

I personally loved the way the RDM series ended. Having the Galactica encounter a present or near present day Earth would just be too absurd - OMG u guys all SPEAK ENGRISH too WTF LOL!!11!!! U ALSO have liek teh exact same assault rifles that our primitive earth infantry grunts use!!!

Edited by Ghost Train