Battlestar Galactica Discussion IV with Blood And Chrome

I much prefer the original storyline. We didn't create them. The actual Cylons, the lizards, made them as their military arm. Then I think it was that the machines revolted against them, and pretty much all life in existance. The only thing I really like about the newer show is the ships. And the Raptors, I would think, more fits the roll of an attack helicoptor/shuttle.

Uh huh, lizards & count Iblis who is also the devil is a much better storyline....sure :) The only thing I liked better about the original was the technicolor lightbulb headed commanders over the obnoxious Lilith-Fair attending basestar computers in the new series. Everything else was gravy.

I personally loved the way the RDM series ended. Having the Galactica encounter a present or near present day Earth would just be too absurd - OMG u guys all SPEAK ENGRISH too WTF LOL!!11!!! U ALSO have liek teh exact same assault rifles that our primitive earth infantry grunts use!!!

Things like design aesthetics, english language, etc, I think was supposed to be one of those human constants that "happen again." At least that's a nice way to explain that stuff away while keeping the design budget down & the show grounded in a realistic aesthetic. Either way, it works. But I reallhy liked the plot twist of having the first Earth & the 13th tribe actually being long dead humanoid cylons. It's both a nice twist, and a nice knock at Galactica 1980's finding of the contemporary Earth.

I personally loved the way the RDM series ended. Having the Galactica encounter a present or near present day Earth would just be too absurd - OMG u guys all SPEAK ENGRISH too WTF LOL!!11!!! U ALSO have liek teh exact same assault rifles that our primitive earth infantry grunts use!!!

That's one of the great failures of Stargate Atlantis. In Stargate SG1, Daniel Jackson had to find the way to communicate, where-as on Atlantis, everyone in an entirely different galaxy spoke clear English.

That's too foolish, and would be if Galactica found a contemparary Earth at the end of their voyage. Communication would have been the first of many hurdles, not the least of which would be an alien warship entering our system with an entire fleet of refugees.

Illegal aliens, anyone..?

That's one of the great failures of Stargate Atlantis. In Stargate SG1, Daniel Jackson had to find the way to communicate, where-as on Atlantis, everyone in an entirely different galaxy spoke clear English.

Not really, the producers admit this was done, no use spending 10 minutes an episode learning the language du jour. Universe did that, look where it got that show. Same thing goes for the transporter on Star Trek, although a shuttle landing sequence was not really needed each episode - but showing the shuttle on the ground is a pain.

And yet, the Pegasus galaxy turned out to be a tight enough unit of worlds thanks to the Stargate, that languages could have been similar enough to make at least the attempt at overcoming a language barrier worth while. The creators of the shows simply gave up on that aspect rather then giving ten or twenty minutes for the first few episodes to tackle it.

But this is in relation to Galactica's refugees coming upon an Earth that spoke the same language they did, and yes, I agree with Ghost Train that that would have been absurd.

• 2 months later...

i could do without the choice of Music....derp. at the begining where Adama is looking at his cockpit, that didnt quite as good as it should (the Viper was CGI?) maybe it was the lighting but it doesnt look... right, texture wise... other than that, WTF did they even bother with Caprica when they could have done this?

Yeah I liked it too, :) but don't worry Bear McCreary is scoring the actual movie. From what I gather, this isn't an official trailer. It was shown at wondercon this past weekend. Maybe once the " official" trailer is released we can have a taste of Bears score. This one was just to "Amp" up the action.

Chris

What's wrong with the Zep cover?

People are probably just sick of hearing it-hasn't it been covered a bunch of times for a variety of t.v. shows, movies, etc? The latest example would be the watered down version of 'Dragon Tattoo for the US market. I personally don't mind it but I can see where others are annoyed. However if I hear it in a Thundercats 2011 episode I will have to kill someone. As for the new BSG? Eh. Guess we'll just wait and see, but no #6, Racetrack, or at least a Boomin Boomer or similar piece of eye candy doesn't bode well for me...

Y'all need to quit hating on Immagrant Song! Yeah it's not even remotely as good as the original, but it is better than the BSG version of Watchtower.

As for this, I don't trust syfy to stick with anything at this point. Keep it a movie, or movie series, and release it on bluray close to their broadcast. Throwing in a nice little nod to tie things up in Caprica wouldn't hurt either.

Edited by Keith

Throwing in a nice little nod to tie things up in Caprica wouldn't hurt either.

Well, Lili Bordan plays a character who use to work for Graystone Industries. That enough of a tie-in? They can always bring in Esai Morales with old-person makeup for those times "Husker" goes on shore-leave...

Well, Lili Bordan plays a character who use to work for Graystone Industries. That enough of a tie-in? They can always bring in Esai Morales with old-person makeup for those times "Husker" goes on shore-leave...

Husker taking down a Cylon incarnation of his sister would be a better nod... :)

Frak, they pulled the trailer off YT already!!

for those who still have not seen the trailer ... Hurry up!

edit: http://www.dailymoti...o-hd_shortfilms

on the other hand...

‘Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome’ Not Moving Forward As TV Series On Syfy, May Become Digital Series

“We are actively pursuing it as was originally intended: a groundbreaking digital series that will launch to audiences beyond the scope of a television screen. The 90-minute pilot movie will air on Syfy in its entirety at a future date.”

http://www.deadline....cancelled-syfy/

Edited by Lobizon

on the other hand...

‘Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome’ Not Moving Forward As TV Series On Syfy, May Become Digital Series

Oh well. Killed by $$$ spent in post-production. At least they'll air the pilot on TV, at some point. Unfortunately if it costs that much just for the pilot, I really don't see how a web-series would be feasible unless it was covered from head-to-toe in ads.

You know, it'd kill syfy to make 1 or 2 "less" churned out sh!tfests and greenlight a 12-13 episode series. Looks like they're still blaming the fanbase even though they didn't know how to market Caprica.

Sidenote: The more I look at that trailer, the more that Cylon reminds me of a Boomer from BGC.

Edited by Keith

Oh well. Killed by $$$ spent in post-production. At least they'll air the pilot on TV, at some point. Unfortunately if it costs that much just for the pilot, I really don't see how a web-series would be feasible unless it was covered from head-to-toe in ads.

told ya that baViper texture didnt look right... no Fing surprise from the retards that killed many a genre in their quest to well, stopping being known for Sci-fi...

for those who still have not seen the trailer ... Hurry up!

edit: http://www.dailymoti...o-hd_shortfilms

on the other hand...

Thank you for finding the link/quote that validates my comment about it being a web mini.

We never know, maybe they leaked that trailer on purpose to gain hype at the TV pilot and then with the pilot on air gain much more hype for release Blood & Chrome as a regular TV series.Thats is just my speculation. :unsure:

Only question, why was it a necessary move. Could syfy be so stupid as to try & bury it completely? Well, they did forgot how to spell their own name...

Only question, why was it a necessary move. Could syfy be so stupid as to try & bury it completely? Well, they did forgot how to spell their own name...

You would hope no one is that stupid or arrogant.