Battlestar Galactica Discussion IV with Blood And Chrome

You would hope no one is that stupid or arrogant.

This is SyFy we are talking about, they probably only want to keep the rights to BSG so they can name their wrestlers "Boomer", "Apollo", and "Starbuck". Or perhaps try find ghosts on the spots where the sets of BSG and Caprica were filmed...

Maybe Syfy finally realized that BSG had it's run, is now over, and should be left alone. It doesn't need a bunch of shitty, derivative sequels and prequels and side-quels.

If they did not have ten thousand different versions of "Ghost Hunters" running you may have had a point, alas...

If they did not have ten thousand different versions of "Ghost Hunters" running you may have had a point, alas...

Indeed. The Sci-Fi channel became dead to me the minute they (As Keith pointed out) forgot how to spell their channel's name using proper grammar. I personally hope the channel goes off the air, it's just become a mockery of it's former self.

-Kyp

Just started watching the "new" BSG again after all these years, and I've forgotten just how great television can be. Everything from the swirling space battles, revamped Cylons, gritty interactions between the people, the BRRRrrrrppp of the Viper's guns or even watching, waiting to see what slinky outfit #6 is going to materialize in next and how Baltar stumbles throught it all just testifies to how memorable this series is. Who knows what other spin-offs or future incarnations of BSG there'll be, but at least we'll always have this BSG to enjoy.

BRRRRrrrppp!!!!

Boomer: "We had sex."

Doral: "Congratulations."

LOLz!

Edited by myk

• 4 weeks later...

Well said myk!! Even though any future BSG projects are on thin ice or on hold indefinitely we can still have a good laugh with these bloopers!! The Chief has on of the best lines IMO!! :lol:

Edited by 505thAirborne

Given SyFy's recent track record I would not be surprised if they broadcast the film, and canceled it halfway through the showing! OK guys... I change MY MIND NOW... here is some WWE Smackdown instead!

OMG, that's an awesome idea! No, not cancelling it midway through, but overlaying wrestling on top of all their shows. Just think about it, they could have a special green wrestling ring, and just have all wrestling on top of every show. That'd be ratings gold. I here by stake a claim on this idea over the entire internet, anyone using it must pay me 90% of all profits!

• 3 weeks later...

7167000578_f6cf3de147.jpg 7166998630_2153ccc616.jpg

7166999050_d5515cbb33.jpg 7167000212_fc3a775e3a.jpg

7166999926_4983410964.jpg 7166999606_a66f6c6872.jpg

7166998140_cc1e60033b.jpg 7166997834_3b47762a19.jpg

Lemme revive this thread with pics of my recently finished Moebius Models kit - Ladies & Gentlemen, meet The Bucket.

Not overly large, but a great display piece. Painted with Tamiya acrylics and metalized with Kosutte Powder.

Now let's frak some Cylons...

Wow nice ship-you've given life to the bucket. Any chance on you doing the "beast?"

Lemme revive this thread with pics of my recently finished Moebius Models kit - Ladies & Gentlemen, meet The Bucket.

Not overly large, but a great display piece. Painted with Tamiya acrylics and metalized with Kosutte Powder.

My Galactica and Viper squadron are ready to Rendezvous with your BSG. Very impressive build, looks like its straight from the show!

NUMBER 5... :D

Lol, that was funny stuff. I have to say that Tricia Helfer's smile and laugh could melt glaciers...

My Galactica and Viper squadron are ready to Rendezvous with your BSG.

Dude! Are you coming on to electric indigo...?

But yeah, AWESOME build. When I first looked at the pictures, I thought, "Wow...the Blood and Chrome Galactica looks pretty good!" Then I read that it was a kit.

Mind BLOWN. (so to speak.)

Don"t know about that, but I do know they are doing a Pegasus.

Also, not sure if you saw my post, just curious what colors you used for Galactica, it'd be most appreciated.

Chris

I already have my Pegasus kit reserved, been waiting a long time for that one. Honestly Indigo I do remember reading somewhere online that after the Pegasus & 1:6 Cylon are released a kit for the Raptor & Original 1978-79 version might be on the drawing board. We can hope!

I hope those old kits won't kill them, Revell was not really successful beyond the die hard fan base with their re-release of the Monogram kits.

-

Chris, the kit was airbrushed with black paint in alle the recessed areas, followed by a base coat with dark sea grey. The armored areas then received a coat of heavily thinned sky grey + white (1:1) sprayed in an irregular cloudy pattern, occasionally highlighting individual panels. The red paint was dulled with grey, decals misted with the grey/white mix. I had to hand paint the colonial emblem, since the decal was unusable. Finally, the ribbed parts were metalized with Kosutte powder.

6347368027_74fcca45d9.jpg

I also put in some windows with a toothpick:

6556181523_f360e6484e.jpg

Don't go crazy on mods & aftermarket parts, put your energy in the paintjob, and you'll have a great model.

Damn, that's good. Thought they were CG pics from the show at first.

Graham

Well, you can't leave off there. You gotta tell us how you photographed her now!

That is actually quite profane: I put the model on it's stand on a sheet of black cardboard on my kitchen table. Light its natural, indirect light from the nearby window. Adjusted contrast and blacked out the stand and background in Photoshop. I shot the model underexposed to get a good depth in the shadows, then emphasized the highlights back with graduation curves. Zoic must have done something similar in their postproduction.

The metal effect comes from the Kosutte powder, but it's quite subtle and you have to turn the model against the light source to catch the specular highlights.

The camera is a point-and-shoot Canon Powershot 220 HS.

• 2 months later...

Yes, I understand that Blood & Chrome is probably breaking the bank on the SFX budgets but they'll probably make a lot of people happy if they push out the pilot and see how it goes from there.

All they have to do is drop it on bluray/dvd. Hell, if they kept Blood & Chrome as a direct to video "wihtout completely slashing the budget" release, I'm sure most would be happy.

It's finished isn't it? Don't understand why they won't let it make them some money???

I agree with Keith, release it on BluRay/DVD so it can make some money for them and see what the interest is. If it sells well then air it on the network as a potential pilot.

Sitting on a shelf isn't doing anything at all.

Chris

Yes, I understand that Blood & Chrome is probably breaking the bank on the SFX budgets but they'll probably make a lot of people happy if they push out the pilot and see how it goes from there.

That was also a quote from Richard Hatch - his is about as realistic as someone named MEMO is with a certain other franchise. "Not dead yet" for him means he had a dream about it a week ago.

• 2 weeks later...

I got all excited and now Im just sad, those dyslexic idiots from SciFi I refuse to use the new name, never seem to get it right. The U.K version is probably just as bad as the U.S channel constant re-re-re runs of Stargate in all its forms, disjointed episodes from Star Trek and crap like Charmmed.

Get with the programe and show people what they actually want to see, i.e listen to the viewers.

SYFY is owned by NBC. NBC=No Body Cares.

Still you'd think after all the money they spent to make the damn thing SyFy would (As Keith said) put it on Bluray/DVD and make some money, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.