Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie

UN Spacy

It would make very little sense for Yamato to include the Sound Booster. Plenty of people would rather not buy it and save some money. \

and even more people will jump up and down and cry about being ripped off if they don't.

Guess its the wait for the rest of the year. With sound booster or not, definately getting it first. Its been a while since we last have a new mold from Yamato. Looking forward to see the fighter mode.

Looks incredible, I love the chunkiness. Cannot wait for this and all the variants, I can see myself buying all of them.

This makes me even more wistful for a VF-17 1/60. I think Yamato would just do something amazing there.

Thanks to Saves closeup of the text, it has also been revealed that this valk will have a rotating cockpit too.

Theres also something about "little lock firing" on the legs? Maybe the missiles actually shoot out?? :lol:

and even more people will jump up and down and cry about being ripped off if they don't.

No, thats only if they pull a Bandai and dont include basic stuff.

The opening hatch, (possible due to) the rotating cockpit, the internal (removable?) missles...

Man, this has to be the most technically advanced 1/60 valkyrie to date! Now, if they can pull off the fighter mode... then this is as close to perfection as it gets.

looking at the sculpt of the leg that does seem much thicker than the YF19, would it also make the fighter mode even thicker? and the head does look like it has the "ozma syndrome" aka turtle neck >_>

Edited by hadiwinata

It so strange to see so few Mecha related pictures of the stuff at Wonderfest. I'm really bugged by the gap in the chest. Hopefully, it will be able to sit flush with the nose cone.

At first I thought it was mis-transformed, or just that way because it's a prototype. It looks like the chest can be locked down further to eliminate the gap on top of the nose cone, and the gaps along the sides under the torso. But then I looked back at the concept art on page 8, and the gaps are there too. So now I think it's just the way it's designed.

It's still looking pretty cool though. I'm happy for the Fire Valk fans, and I'm secretly hoping Yamato has learned from this and has plans for a 1/60 YF-19 2.0.

While I like the proportions on the Hi-Metal this prototype does look very good and anime accurate. I too am fearful of the fighter mode being really fat but lets wait and see. Is there suppose to be a gap between the nose cone and the chest? I like how the LERX and the hips are separated and I love all the gimmicks it has going on.

Can't wait to see more!

Does anyone have an idea what the signs says?

Edited by badboy00z

Thanks to Saves closeup of the text, it has also been revealed that this valk will have a rotating cockpit too.

Theres also something about "little lock firing" on the legs? Maybe the missiles actually shoot out?? :lol:

No, thats only if they pull a Bandai and dont include basic stuff.

I think "Little Rock" is actually the name for the missles in question. As for rotating cockpit....cool...not necessary to me but cool nonetheless, I hope this time around no parts of the cockpit..like the instrument panels are prone to breaking off like on the VF-0's(the one on my 0S broke).

Anyone notice that the gullet looks sleeker and not as fat as the 1/60 YF-19? I dunno, the fighter mode to me in that CAD promo ad looks good, which means the BLAZER will look even BETTER!

Would not mind a 19P either, dig the head design. Did Basara's VF-19P in Dynamite 7 have the speaker pod, or regular gunpod? Also, anyone think the Fire Valk's mouthplate will be swappable?

I think "Little Rock" is actually the name for the missles in question. As for rotating cockpit....cool...not necessary to me but cool nonetheless, I hope this time around no parts of the cockpit..like the instrument panels are prone to breaking off like on the VF-0's(the one on my 0S broke).

Anyone notice that the gullet looks sleeker and not as fat as the 1/60 YF-19? I dunno, the fighter mode to me in that CAD promo ad looks good, which means the BLAZER will look even BETTER!

Would not mind a 19P either, dig the head design. Did Basara's VF-19P in Dynamite 7 have the speaker pod, or regular gunpod? Also, anyone think the Fire Valk's mouthplate will be swappable?

Yep, "Little Rock" refers to the name of the missile launch system in the legs of the VF-19Kai/F/S.

IIRC, in the anime, the VF-19P is not shown with a gunpod. However, the Bandai 1/250 scale VF-19P fighter toy has it with a VF-19Kai style Speaker Pod launcher.

Graham

Fantastic battroid mode, love the way they proportioned it. Looks a lot better the YF-19. Really agree on the priority, given the anime, but I am curious what the eventual fighter will look like.

It could possibly because it's still prototype but look at the back of the legs in those two semi-side shots. There are huge gaps carved into the back of the thing No doubt so the legs will fold up further when in Fighter mode so they don't hang so far down and to provide room for the larger shoulders to fit better. Not a big surprise considering how the Hi-Metal Kai and 19S have missing parts on the back but look how deep some of thsoe grooves go, halfway through the calf.

This is looking really good. Not my favorite valk but I'm definitely in!! As other members previously said the CAD fighter looks good. As long as the front fuselage is angled down, it creates the illusion of a reduced gullet.

If this is any indication, the VF-17 will absolutely rock ;)

Wow, that looks incredible! I'm now very excited to see what the blazer and VF-17 (YAY!) will look like after seeing this. If the fighter mode looks good, I think Yamato should take the "emphasis on battloid" approach with all future valkyries, especially with the ones that have internal ordinance.

Honestly the Hi Metal looks vastly superior to me (I just prefer it's aesthetic), but I'll wait and see what the production toy looks like. So far though the most excitement I get from this is the prospect of a VF-17 following it.

Nice. :D The battroid looks awesome, I'm really looking forward to seeing how they improved on the YF-19 design (especially those cruddy shoulders <_<)

I can't wait to see the fighter, since that will definitely decide it for me. Judging by that illustration and the pics though, I have hope. It looks like the nose is angled significantly downward as it should be, and even if the gullet is still there, not having the nose sticking up will mitigate that a lot. The plane in that pic actually looks aerodynamic, not like it's turning up it's nose to the airstream. That lower nose flap that goes under the nose in battroid looks a lot slimmer than the YF-19 one too, judging by the battroid pics.

I do still think the nose is a little short (I think the lex should start under the canards, not ahead of them), but if that's how they got the torso so compact, it's absolutely worth it. :) Plus, it won't be as noticeable on the F/S models without those canards there.

Edit: Oooh, lookie what I see.. are those slots to lock the wings to the chest in gerwalk?

post-907-128016045296_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chronocidal

Judging by that illustration and the pics though, I have hope. It looks like the nose is angled significantly downward as it should be, and even if the gullet is still there, not having the nose sticking up will mitigate that a lot. The plane in that pic actually looks aerodynamic, not like it's turning up it's nose to the airstream.

Totally agree. I'm not sure why people are saying the gullet looks smaller...I actually think it looks pretty large in the illustration. But if they can angle down the cockpit and nosecone like it's supposed to be, it's going to make all the difference.

Yamato should think about including clip-on some fillers for the leg cut-outs too, because the holes in the legs look pretty fierce. I think the Hi-Metal has them, right? Perfect transformation be damned. It's close enough to PT, and some leg fillers will help Fire Valk vans to get that perfect Battroid.

Hmm, if they can get the chest to lock down a little further, not only would it solve the gap - but also the turtle appearance. It would give just enough clearance for the face to show well. I guess we'll see. Can't wait for the VF-19F!

Totally agree. I'm not sure why people are saying the gullet looks smaller...I actually think it looks pretty large in the illustration. But if they can angle down the cockpit and nosecone like it's supposed to be, it's going to make all the difference.

Yamato should think about including clip-on some fillers for the leg cut-outs too, because the holes in the legs look pretty fierce. I think the Hi-Metal has them, right? Perfect transformation be damned. It's close enough to PT, and some leg fillers will help Fire Valk vans to get that perfect Battroid.

Gullet looks more slender to me, doesn't look like it sticks out as noticeably.

I personally don't think we should go by the fighter pictured on the sign. It looks like a regular line art to me so that means skinny fighter and anime magic battroid.

The way the chest is sculpted right now won't allow it to go down further because it gets narrow at the top.

I think its pretty accurate to the lineart especially in the Mac Plus book. However valk mode really is what i'm waiting for to get me to bite. I can live with just displaying it in batroid mode if needed since it just looks menacing that way.

hmm, wow, that valk looks meaty, i love it, not like a skinny chiken valk. The vf-19S will go very well with my yf-19, it has the same scheme colors ;). I was going to get the monster, but maybe i will wait for these instead, and the vf-17 (is it confirmed they will do those too?)