Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie

UN Spacy

Me too, originally I didn't get why everyone kept talking about the F instead of the S. Then I looked up the F and realised I liked the the color scheme so much better too. :)

Chris

So am I the only one here who not only likes the S head over the F head but also thinks the paint scheme on the S is better too?

I'm actually really hopping that they use the same shade of blue plastic on the VF-19's as they did on the YF-21. I like the idea of different planes with matching paint schemes. B))

I'm actually really hopping that they use the same shade of blue plastic on the VF-19's as they did on the YF-21. I like the idea of different planes with matching paint schemes. B))

Given all the different shades of CF VF-1, I'm wouldn't be confident in that.

I think the darker the blazers get, the better that yellow will look, so I have to agree with you there. The blue on the YF-21 would be perfect. :D

I'm kinda worried we'll get a lighter blue blazer like the Hi-Metals though... it's not terrible or anything, but darker blue offsets the yellow stripes much better. If the blue approaches anywhere near Max's VF-22 though, it'll just look hideous.

I'll probably buy them all anyway, but unless they're going to actually mimic the Blue Angel blue and yellow, I just think the white striping is easier on the eyes.

Like I said earlier as much as I dislike Basara's livery, the E (Kai) is my favorite variant (I like the blazers too but don't really care for the F/S's wings).

Chris

Sounds like the VF-19P might be up your alley.

I'm not sure how likely it is that Yamato will make it though. It would be very simple to do, but I don't think it ranks very high in popularity.

Looking good.

Yes I want a yf-19 that looks chunkier in battroid mode if that's what yamato intends further down the track. (based on how they've made this one fat to please people who care about balanced looks)

I like the long wings and more basic head of the yf-19 in the same way I like the yf-21 head over the vf-22. (just looks more alien or something)

For some reason I just dont like the idea of really pointy shoulder pads and the ankle rings. (and the mouth lol)

It reminds me of the ridiculous shoulder pads on the DYRL pilot suits lol.

What about the face being so low?

The face is probably fine where it is. The chest just needs to be angled down a bit like in the line art instead of being posed completely level. Once it's angled down, it shouldn't be blocking the face. It might still be blocking the chin, but that's just because the hump is just so high (much more so than the YF-19 toy).

The face is probably fine where it is. The chest just needs to be angled down a bit like in the line art instead of being posed completely level. Once it's angled down, it shouldn't be blocking the face. It might still be blocking the chin, but that's just because the hump is just so high (much more so than the YF-19 toy).

On a transforming toy that has to deal with anime magic all the time, there must be some technical and structure issues benealth it for what it is now.

The only thing that really sticks out to me that looks weird, is the

small feet compared to it's bell bottoms.

Remember, we all said the same thing about the vf-11. They might pull out farther on the actual piece. At this point, I'm holding off on concerns about those and the chest until they move past the resin prototype.

I'll bey the neck joint on that scult is probabaly loose, so the head is drooping forward. It wouldn't surprize me if the neck joint/head can extend up as well.

Graham

So am I the only one here who not only likes the S head over the F head but also thinks the paint scheme on the S is better too?

No you are not the only one, I'm the same too, though I don't like the wings that much.

Damn just saw the photo. Just when I thought I was done all I could hear in the back of my mind is, "must have, must have, must have, must have" :wacko:

I was thinking about getting a Macross Plus version of the YF-19 but after looking at the VF-19 in plane mode I am done. I already have a 25th anniversary 19 and a DN and that's all I will get of the YF.

The only thing I don't like about the VF-19 is the chunky battroid mode. But than again, I don't transform my Yamato valks so I don't really care. The plane mode is awesome and that's all that matters to me.

Edited by Muzaffar

But the chunkiness is screen accurate. I can't wait to see more pics and see how all the gimmicks work.

Battroid hatch, shoulder speakers, and... hmm. Guitar flight stick? :ph34r:

Opening leg missile bays. Rotating seat.

Graham

integral face mask; VF-1 fast pack compatablity; 1/60 scale Mylene dressed as Minmay? please :unsure: (ok, maybe the first two are unreasonable, but I DEMAND we get that last one. :angry: )

Even if they make a Mylene in Minmay dress I doubt she could fit on Basara's lap... plus he would need a Hikaru flight suit (though I guess you could use a 1/60 VF-1 pilot).

I'd like to have a Mylene figure in flight suit that could go in the valk's hands just like in that episode with the song energy and stuff. :p

I was thinking about getting a Macross Plus version of the YF-19 but after looking at the VF-19 in plane mode I am done. I already have a 25th anniversary 19 and a DN and that's all I will get of the YF.

The only thing I don't like about the VF-19 is the chunky battroid mode. But than again, I don't transform my Yamato valks so I don't really care. The plane mode is awesome and that's all that matters to me.

My wife is getting me the 19 DN for my birthday. Not too much a fan of the non-cannon Valks, but the 19 kicks ass in that white and blue color scheme. I have a feeling it is going to quickly become one of my personal favorites.

When Yamato releases the Blazer 19, it may give the DN a run for it's money though. :)

It's highly possible that Yamato does a YF-19 2.0 with the 19 Kai tech. I'm sure a lot of people would buy it.

Not that likely, unfortunately. It would be more likely if Yamato could just reuse most of the VF-19 and swap little things like the head but they can't.

Personally, I was disappointed enough in the YF-19 that I doubt I'd put any more money down on that particular sculpt. It would take a really epic repaint for that to happen. The only reason I have the one I do is because I already had the VF-11 and YF-21, and found one for very cheap on ebay.

Shoot, I'll just repaint a VF-19 as the YF-19 and swap out the heads if I have to, this one just looks 100x better so far.

Not that likely, unfortunately. It would be more likely if Yamato could just reuse most of the VF-19 and swap little things like the head but they can't.

Sad but true. I was thinking maybe a year or two down the line, when Yamato feels like milking the MacPlus/YF-19 molds again, and uses what advancements they've made on the Fire Kai mold to make some nice V2 YF-19's.

In any case, I'll probably get the re-released original color -19, if reviews report that it's got the improvements of the DN. I'm a fan of the YF-19's design (one of the few?), and Yamato's current offering is decent enough for me to pick up, as long as it doesn't have the same floppy arms and angled gunpods as the first releases.

Personally, I was disappointed enough in the YF-19 that I doubt I'd put any more money down on that particular sculpt. It would take a really epic repaint for that to happen. The only reason I have the one I do is because I already had the VF-11 and YF-21, and found one for very cheap on ebay.

Shoot, I'll just repaint a VF-19 as the YF-19 and swap out the heads if I have to, this one just looks 100x better so far.

Like you, I'm also trying to complete my MacPlus collection. In fact, my search for a Yamato 1/60 YF-19 was what started this whole collection. Initially, I only planned to buy the three VF's featured in MacPlus, but ended up with a near-complete collection of Yamato Valks. Talk about shopaholism.... Until recently, issues like unavailability and known QC issues have kept me from buying the original color YF-19. It seems only right that I cap off my collection with the YF-19.

Personally, my only complaint about Yamato's YF-19/VF-19 design is that the legs don't spread wide enough. Then again, it doesn't look like the design itself allows for the kind of articulation seen in the MacPlus movie.

BTW, can the head of the YF-19 be removed? I haven't been tinkering around with my DN lately, but if memory serves me right ( :p ), it didn't look like it could be taken off.

As for the VF-19, I'm really thinking hard on whether to buy one or not. I'm not exactly a fan of Mac7, and the Fire Kai's chili red color scheme don't quite appeal to me. That said, Yamato's prototype is starting to look really sweet, so I'll have to save judgment for later when the finished product is released.

"One of the few"? That's an odd thing to say considering the YF-19 is possibly the single most popular VF design besides the VF-1.

Heheh, I dunno, I guess I say that because I seem to be hearing a lot of criticism on some forums (quite rare in MW, though) where members sometimes pick the YF-19 to bits--"Komodo dragon neck", yadda yadda yadda. While I'm sure every VF ever designed has been ragged on at one time or another, I don't usually hear too many people praise the YF-19's design. Whenever someone compares the YF-19 to, say, a VF-19 or some other model, the YF-19 always seems to be the less favored. At least, that's the impression I get.

In all probability, I've just been reading only the complaints about the -19 and missed the good stuff that's been said about it. Either that, or the complaints were aimed at the Yamato figs instead of the design itself (been a long time since I read those posts), in which case, I literally misread the situation. :p

Heheh.. well, personally, there is very little about the current YF-19 design I appreciate in terms of appearance or function, but that's my personal opinion. I know there are those who really do like it. I just happened to get an absolute lemon that was half broken out of the box, and it pretty much killed what I did like about it to begin with.

All issues I have with the appearance aside though... I know it's an older design, but there are just so many dumb engineering mistakes in the way it was made... I mean, comparing it to the YF-21 in terms of engineering is like comparing the DX VF-25 against the VF-27. There's such a leap in quality between them, you wonder if they were even made by the same company.

Edited by Chronocidal

All issues I have with the appearance aside though... I know it's an older design, but there are just so many dumb engineering mistakes in the way it was made... I mean, comparing it to the YF-21 in terms of engineering is like comparing the DX VF-25 against the VF-27. There's such a leap in quality between them, you wonder if they were even made by the same company.

You know, engineering is an iterative process. We would all like to get things working great the first time but more often than not it's a case of try, try again.

Heheh.. well, personally, there is very little about the current YF-19 design I appreciate in terms of appearance or function, but that's my personal opinion. I know there are those who really do like it. I just happened to get an absolute lemon that was half broken out of the box, and it pretty much killed what I did like about it to begin with.

I know exactly what you mean. During the few weeks before I got the replacement parts for my VF-1D, I didn't even want to look at a pic of a -1D. But now that it's fixed, it's the main display piece of my room. :wub:

As for engineering, I agree that the YF-19 figure does leave a bit to be desired. But since it's currently the best (and probably the only) transforming figure of the -19 available on the market, I find it's just good enough for me to want to buy one (QC issues are another story, though).

BTW, am I the only one who thinks the YF-19 looks kind of dorky standing un-posed from a frontal view? That's about the only thing I dislike about Yamato's YF-19, aesthetically. Then again, who displays a VF battroid without posing it? :lol:

Edited by GU-11