Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie

UN Spacy

With a Battroid mode chunkier then Bandai's chunky monkey's i honestly didn't expect the Fighter mode to look like much...but it looks fantastic.

If this comes out late 2010 or early 2011 i guess that 2011 is the year of the 19's. VF-19S, VF-19F (Exclusive ofcourse :p ), VF19P (Normal and Whale blood) and.....YF-19 V. 2.0..make it happen!

Oh and VF-17's are welcome too.

Emerald and Diamond force FTW!

Edited by thankheaven

If you guys still have complaints that's just sad.

It's amazing in both modes.

Well I'm still not crazy about the gap between the nose cone and torso in B-mode. The torso is riding high and blocks half the face if you look at it straight on. That's not line art accurate. I'm hoping the torso can be pushed down further but it really doesn't look like it can.

Is it too soon to start clamoring for a V2 YF-19 toy?

That's what I'm praying for too.

I'm not sure if the torso can go down any further. If you look at the CAD art that Graham reposted the front end view in the lower right corner shows that gap.

I thought about buying one of these to for a customization repaint...but painting over Red just sucks and any chip would show like a neon sign. Hoping for some mass produced repaints...like some from the Master File.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

A 19S would be a definate buy for me too. My favorite variant, though, is the 19E (Kai). I think it just has the best of both major versions...the wings and canards of the YF/A models and the LERX, canopy, Shoulders and engines ofthe F/S types. Just beautiful.

Chris

Might be too much to hope for, but I'd love it if they put out an unassembled kit of this one... or rather, a blazer version with interchangeable large and small wings and canards to customize it.

I know it doesn't have the same overwhelming amount of repaints as the VF-1, but there's so much potential for customs with this one, and the only canon schemes we're likely to get are all bright colors that'll be nasty to try and paint over. I would LOVE to get a solid white F model with stripes of some type on it.. though, picking a color for the stripes would be tricky. I'd probably go for black initially, but adding some red or yellow would be really tempting. Maybe even an SMS styled scheme..

Actually, if you think about it, white with black stripes was the standard scheme on the VF-11s, no reason standard model VF-19s shouldn't get that too. I think Emerald force only got fancy colors since they were a special forces group. Once the VF-19 replaced the VF-11, it'd probably get the same colors.

Edited by Chronocidal

I thought about buying one of these to for a customization repaint...but painting over Red just sucks and any chip would show like a neon sign. Hoping for some mass produced repaints...like some from the Master File.

Chris

That would be pretty awesome, actually. They have some great schemes in there.

I still hate the LERX and ankle ring verniers of all the major VF-19 variants though. Just my personal preference. I'm a YF-19 guy, and Isamu Dyson is pretty much my idol.

Curious as to why so many people like the F model so much? Is the difference from the S just less head lasers?

Chris

edit: OK, looked it up, yeah I like it better than the S too. It has better colors. ^_^

Edited by Dobber

Yeah, I'll wait for a VF-19F too.

Or really---YF-19 v3! If they can make that fat a battroid look this good in fighter, they should be able to make a pretty darn amazing YF-19 by now...

Of course, I'd really rather have Mylene's valk more than any of the above.

I wonder how well this will sell...or rather how many people will still pass on this, despite the beautiful sculpt, because of the color scheme and the singing Basara in the cockpit with his Silly (imo) guitar control? Personally I'll probably still pass on it and wait for hopefully a better color scheme in the future.

Chris

Just need to see how the durability will go for this toy and I'm good as sold. I'd probably display it in Fighter mode since I have this general rule that anything 1/60 and up should be in Fighter mode as much as possible.

Jumping on the bandwagon, fighter mode looks amazing! Can't wait to see the production model. Is Yamato making the Sound Booster? If this sells well, I wonder what the chances are of getting the rest of Sound Force? I have hope the sculpts would turn out well after seeing this. Bring on the Blazer and Nightmare!

Just to make sure, the F model has white stripes while the S has yellow, correct? The yellow scheme never looked quite right to me.. really close to Blue Angels, but neither the blue nor the yellow were the right shades to look right.

And yeah, the S version lasers always looked like ridiculous overkill. My favorite is still the YF-19 head.

Edited by Chronocidal

I wonder how well this will sell...or rather how many people will still pass on this, despite the beautiful sculpt, because of the color scheme and the singing Basara in the cockpit with his Silly (imo) guitar control? Personally I'll probably still pass on it and wait for hopefully a better color scheme in the future.

Chris

Apparently Macross 7 did very well during its run in Japan 15 years ago, so at the very least for the Japanese market, I think it should do pretty well.

Having said that, if you guys want the F/S/P, you guys gotta buy this to make it financially feasible to release them!! :lol:

That would be pretty awesome, actually. They have some great schemes in there.

I still hate the LERX and ankle ring verniers of all the major VF-19 variants though. Just my personal preference. I'm a YF-19 guy, and Isamu Dyson is pretty much my idol.

Also pinning for a low-vis or CF schemes. And yeah the ankle rings are one of my pet peeves, gives the valks a bell-bottom look. Argh.

Also pinning for a low-vis or CF schemes. And yeah the ankle rings are one of my pet peeves, gives the valks a bell-bottom look. Argh.

that's because the 19 is designed to be reminiscent of the flight suits from SDFM/DYRL, bell bottoms included. ;)

Speaking of Low-Viz, don't know how long I've been hoping Yamato would do a VF-19A (same mold as the YF-19) in the low-viz, if not the same color as the FP. Ah, that would be sexay.

Also really would have preferred (and bought!) the blue Ravens scheme, too instead of the Double Nuts and other proto that I didn't. Ideally, they would put chest locks and do something about that canopy to let you open it...

They are what I love about the VF-19Kai/F/S. That and the more widely spaced tail fins as well.

Graham

I know it doesn't have the same overwhelming amount of repaints as the VF-1, but there's so much potential for customs with this one, and the only canon schemes we're likely to get are all bright colors that'll be nasty to try and paint over. I would LOVE to get a solid white F model with stripes of some type on it.. though, picking a color for the stripes would be tricky. I'd probably go for black initially, but adding some red or yellow would be really tempting. Maybe even an SMS styled scheme..

There are white with black stripe VF-19F/S shown in the VF-19 Master Fikle book. They look awesome.

Graham

What a fantastic surprize to switch on my computer this morning and be able to see the fighter mode pics.

I've gotta say, Yamato have really outdone themselves this time and the fighter mode looks outstanding.

This is going to be a must buy for me.

Already salivating over the thought of the inevitable Blazer.

Grahan

They are what I love about the VF-19Kai/F/S. That and the more widely spaced tail fins as well.

Graham

I'm actually coming around on the more widely spaced tail fins, myself.

I don't have anything to base it on, but I think sales will do well. The YF/VF-19 is probably the most popular Valk after the VF-1, and VF-25. Shouldn't sales be better than a VF-11, SV-51, YF-21, or even a VF-27? I got the impression that those all sold well.

Chris

I'll most likely pass on it, but only because the Hi Metal keeps me from feeling any desire to own this one.

I'll most likely pass on it, but only because the Hi Metal keeps me from feeling any desire to own this one.

While the Hi-Metal is a nice toy, it's always been a stand-in for me until the Yamato version comes along. IMO, the Hi-Metal nose section sculpt is a bit off.

Anyway, who says you can't own both! :)

Graham

i hope no be a partsformer because that should be like a step back for yamato and the valkyries perfect transformation also like to say that why want a yf 19 v2 when are a long list of valkyries never made i prefer new valkyries before a v2 of the same vfs

humm chungky in batroid mode.. but slim in figther mode.. why do i smell a partsformer :|

Yes because Yamato is known for their many partsformers. Come on man they are all about perfect transformation.

Edited by kanedaestes