Yamato 1:60 Max and Miria vf 22 repaints!!!!!!

rick dieck

Well after much thought I decided on buying the VF-22 it was actually 128 USD and I was lucky enough to find a shop with a bare bones VF-1S Hikaru for 50 USD rather than 60 for a Max 1S! Two 1/60 Valks for the price of 1!! Score. It was the most expensive thing I have ever done in Hong Kong in all my visits. Mission accomplished! ^_^

BTW, Millia is scheduled in Nov and Max in Dec.

I doubt things will stick to the schedule though...

On the list before Dec, Yamato owes us the VF-1S LV, VE-1, VF-1D VR, M&M VF-1J, GBP VF-1J, 1/48 Kakizaki TV 1A... Can they really deliver a Millia 22S in Nov?

Today is Oct 31, and Yamato cleared VF-1S LV, VE-1, VF-1D VR, M&M VF-1J off the list. 5 down in one month! Now I believe that things would be on schedule, roughly and technically (Nov 30, Dec 31, etc).

any chance that yamato do any of these

Man if Yamato made a Roy Focker Skull Squadron color scheme for all the valks I would buy everyone. That YF-21 looks awesome.

Man, that's too much crap for the end of a major recession year. They need to push these back until at least January of next year. I love them, am a huge M&M fan, have all the M&M valks, and need these and will get them but for effin' sakes man, one thing at a time please! :angry:

- Nghia

Yup. I'm haivng trouble keeping up. And I have a feeling these 22's are going to be hard to come by if I pass them up. Grrrr.

that means they have to do some retooling with their current YF-19 mold to get a VF-19S

I (and usually Graham) feel the need to mention this every time a VF-19F/S/Kai is brought up:

It can't be made from a YF-19/VF-19A. Nearly every part is different. It would take just as much time and money as making a valk from scratch. The nosecones are the same, and the landing gear, but that's about it.

Are there major differences between a YF-19 and a VF-19A?

I'm just curious. I love the 19 design but would like to wait on a VF version if there's any chance of Yamato making it...are the "Double Nuts" and "BoP" close enough for all intents and purposes? Are they less floppy than the original release?

Are there major differences between a YF-19 and a VF-19A?

I'm just curious. I love the 19 design but would like to wait on a VF version if there's any chance of Yamato making it...are the "Double Nuts" and "BoP" close enough for all intents and purposes? Are they less floppy than the original release?

Yamato already did the VF-X2 colour scheme VF-19A in the 1/72 scale as a repaint of the YF-19. Go check out Mr. March's Macross Mecha Manual and compare the pics for yourself.

I (and usually Graham) feel the need to mention this every time a VF-19F/S/Kai is brought up:

It can't be made from a YF-19/VF-19A. Nearly every part is different. It would take just as much time and money as making a valk from scratch. The nosecones are the same, and the landing gear, but that's about it.

The apparent overall concept for VF-19S matches that for VF-22S and takes the Super Nova fighter and builds in the FAST packs. The rest is just samurai decoration.

Look at some of their previous efforts though. I don't say that in a bad way, but all that "Needs" to change for VF-19F/S is:

1) shoulders

2) legs (lower certainly, but could probably reuse the upper and get away with just the lower between the knees and feet).

3) head

4) wings (just the tips, the existing wing-root/hips would still be used.

Reuse the same feet, arms, body, canopy, etc

Minor bit of resculpting around the area with the removed canards. Yamato could definitely get away with that. Dimensions on the legs and shoulders simply need to match the endpoints already existing on the YF-19FP with the FAST Packs attached. Everything else should be reusable and the rest is the appropriate paint job, tampo printing, and stickers. It might not match perfectly, but thanks to anime magic none of the Valkyries really does anyway, even the YF-19 we already have.

The VF-19 Kai would be even easier since it's a hybrid of YF-19/VF-19A (wings, canards) with VF-19F/S legs and shoulders (well except for the whole speaker thing :lol: ).

So Yamato would still get good milking out of their mold and be able to release Fire and Blazer valks that trash the old Bandais and their bootleg descendants.

Edited by Uxi

My YF-19FP r0x0rs. Gets a bit looser with the FP, but looks so much better and since the dimensions on the VF-19F/S wouldn't be changing, it could be made just as tight. Add a lock for the chest in battroid and it'd be perfect.

>is completely wrong<

no, just no. To make something that looks even remotely like the VF-19 you have to change EVERY SINGLE PART except for the hands and landing gear.

now if they wanted to make something that looks totally inaccurate and completely half assed they could do as you suggested. of if they're going to be that lasy they I don't see why they would even bother to do anything more than paint it blue and call it a day, after all that's close enough, right?

<is completely wrong>

now if they wanted to make something that looks totally inaccurate and completely half assed they could do as you suggested. of if they're going to be that lasy they I don't see why they would even bother to do anything more than paint it blue and call it a day, after all that's close enough, right?

:rolleyes: No, I want the right shaped wings, head, samurai shoulders, and legs duh. It would only be as "completely half assed" as the YF-19 itself is. Which is a great effort.

any chance that yamato do any of these

Man if Yamato made a Roy Focker Skull Squadron color scheme for all the valks I would buy everyone. That YF-21 looks awesome.

If I was doing a Skull-1 color scheme for the YF-21, I wouldn't add that red trim on the chest/intakes. It doesn't look right for the color scheme.

Instead, I'd:

* Keep the yellow trim all the same as on Guld's blue YF-21.

* Paint the cockpit canopy black.

* Paint the all grey and light-blue parts (on Guld's blue YF-21) black.

That custom's a good start. But it would need the above tweaks to make it a proper Skull-1 custom.

Edited by Mog

I want a low viz VF-22. Gamlin is close but the yellow accents ruin the whole low viz thing (great scheme and I do like the Diamond Force scheme... it's just not low viz). Much lighter shade of grey like the 1/48 Low Viz v1 with some of the F-22 Raptor paint scheme on it... Darker grey accents and markings (including low viz UN Spacy Kite), gold/mirrored canopy. mmm

all that "Needs" to change for VF-19F/S is:

1) shoulders

2) legs (lower certainly, but could probably reuse the upper and get away with just the lower between the knees and feet).

3) head

4) wings (just the tips, the existing wing-root/hips would still be used.

Reuse the same feet, arms, body, canopy, etc

Nope. Different feet, different arms, different upper legs, different shield, and different wingroots. And a different upper torso (it looks similar, but needs to be heavily resculpted to accomodate the different shoulders/shield).

And I'm just talking about shape differences that'd need new sculpts. Nearly every other piece (the few reusables like nosecone and crotch plate) would need re-tooling, as the verniers and sensors etc are all different.

PS---don't forget new tailfins.

Right, I know those are all supposed to be different. I'm just saying that reusing the existing parts wouldn't make it really all that more inaccurate than the YF-19 toy is from the actual YF-19 in anime.

Right, I know those are all supposed to be different. I'm just saying that reusing the existing parts wouldn't make it really all that more inaccurate than the YF-19 toy is from the actual YF-19 in anime.

So you'd be happy with a half-assed effort to convert a half-assed toy from one model of mech to another? would that make it a quarter-assed toy?

Edited by anime52k8

So you'd be happy with a half-assed effort to convert a half-assed toy from one model of mech to another? would that make it a quarter-assed toy?

Only if you consider the current YF-19 'half assed.' If you do, you're welcome to a Bandai Blazer valk bootleg or model that is the only alternative, instead. :unsure:

As much as I do kind of miss having a YF-21, I'm glad I held out on buying one. Makes it easier to justify buying two VF-22s. I love the original 21, but I still don't care for the YF-19 enough to get one, and I know I'd want a complete Mac+ set if I started. Now with the the Mac7 stuff, I can get the VF-22s and VF-11C and not feel the need to get a YF-19 to complete the set. :lol:

I really can't wait for these... but I'm torn. I want to wait until around after Christmas, and get them both at once, but at the same time, I don't want to risk them running out.

I've already spent enough in the past few weeks, so I probably should hold off a while anyway. Buying 7 valks in a little over a month has been a bit much, even if most of them were on clearance. Think the last VF-1 I'm getting is the classic Hikaru/Minmay VF-1D, then I'll be done with those, and move to the other series.

The nice thing is, I managed to grab two SV-51s at good discounts, so I've got a pair of stands to use with the M&M VF-22s when I get them. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

As soon as someone gets the Miria vf-22, pls take a complete picture in Batroid mode, without the air fins caps. From the latest picture, the knees are red, like the rest, which looks much nicer than gray. From a similar picture of the Max vf-22s, it looks like knees are gray, instead of blue, which eventhough might be more anime acurate, i like less. So, i might get the miria instead of the max, the red looks weird, not the red i was thinking, so i like it more this way.

Has anybody noticed on the new pics that on the Milia, in batroid mode, the air intake area is white, but in fighter mode, the same area is gray!!!!! Wish i could see final painting, i am leaning towards max again as the knees are gray on Max and Milia (was hoping it would have been matching blue/red instead).