Yamato 1:60 Max and Miria vf 22 repaints!!!!!!

rick dieck

Left wingtip has started to get droopy on my Gamlin. :mad: Any fix for this? Def my favorite Valk and this is starting to bug. <3 fighter mode on the VF-22. Guess it'll go Battroid for awhile.

If I remember correctly, there is a screw inside the landing gear area. Have you tried tightening that particular screw up?

Hey, blame Kawamori or whoever for them being pastel. Yamato matched the colors perfectly to their canon/on-screen appearance. I don't think anyone who's seen M7 expected them to be any different. That's just how they are.

True. They are accurate to the anime...just not my cup of Valkyrie..... B))

Just got the VF-22S Gamlin and it really has me inclined to get the Max and Millia now.

Being used to only VF-1's and only having recently gotten the VF-11B, holy COW is this thing huge! Very posable too. Love all three modes.

I'd heard about the complex transformation but it wasn't all that bad. Not as easy as the VF-1 or 11 but still fairly doable.

All in all a great mold and perfectly suitable to milking. If they did a Skull Squad one, canon or not, I'd buy it in an instant.

The Millia looks way better in person so I'm sure the Max will too once I get mine. Don't get me wrong the 21 is pretty nice with the dark blue and yellow stripes but the Millia is no slouch with the white on red. I kind of even like how the triangles near the intake were painted (more like panel lined I suppose) on the 22 as opposed to how they were handled on the 21.

I wouldn't mind seeing a non canon 22 in red with black stripes. Like a Nissan 240SX for instance.

I seemed to have misplaced my "good" camera so the image quality is a bit questionable but here's a Millia 22 comparison shot.

th_milliacomparison12-30-092.jpg

Zaku IIs are an EMSIA Char and MSIA 2.0 Johnny Ridden Hi-Mo.

Colour really isn't pastel red IMO, pastel red is more pink/salmon. Definitely not resale red though.

It's not that there's a problem mounting the guns in fighter mode. It's that you can't at all since the gunpod covers can't be removed and even if you could, the gunpods themselves would be too big to fit the gunpod covers over. Some people have instead stuck them into the gaps underneath the wings where it folds down.

The VF-22s are suppossed to have the FPs built into the airframe, thus no add-ons necessary. However, Macross Ultimate Frontier might have given people the wrong impression that they shuld have add-on FPs since in the game, you have the option to do so, ala the YF-21.

The VF-22s are suppossed to have the FPs built into the airframe, thus no add-ons necessary. However, Macross Ultimate Frontier might have given people the wrong impression that they shuld have add-on FPs since in the game, you have the option to do so, ala the YF-21.

Thanks for the info!

It looks the same to me as a YF-21 though. :o

I love the Gamlin scheme the best, but like Max's too. Never been real fond of Miria's red scheme valks for some reason, though always loved Max's blue. I will, however, LOOOOOOVE if they do an F-22 style metallic low-viz on an VF-22. Right now, I'm fighting to resist the Max, but won't be able to resist a good low-viz non-canon VF-22S.

Has anyone found a way to mount the guns on the 22S in fighter mode?

It was in the "surprise" thread where someone found out they fit in the gaps between the wing joints.

EDIT: here it is:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&p=770373

IMG_1171.jpg

IMG_1173.jpg

Not canon, of course, but looks pretty good.

Edited by Uxi