Yamato 1/60 VF-11b under development

Why are the tail fins out, and why do they look bigger than we've seen before? :blink:

Vostok 7

because the guy's who set up these displays never know how to transform these right, and you're projecting your desire for the fins to be larger onto an image that offers that possibility through being blurry when really there's nothing different.

sorry to crush your hopes and dreams.

As do I. Smallish tailfins don't really bother me. This thing won't have shopping cart casters for main gears, and battroid is pretty much kibble -free. Overall, it looks pretty good. I'll be getting one to round out my M+ collection.

i continue to be impressed. And hey! We get to see the heatshield mecganic! i guess it all comes down from the top, not split in the middle. That makes sense to me, it'll look better when it's out that way.

i kinda prefer the UN Kites in Red, but i know that isnt show accurate.

I'm happy with the way this is turning out. I could still go for the tailfins being a little bit more extended, but then again, I've been fooled by the official pics before. I'm definitely getting one. I can only hope that the economy makes the dollar just a bit stronger so my money goes a bit further.

Looks like we'll be getting a new stand for the VF-11. (No, not a newsstand idiots, a NEW STAND as in display stand! :p )

That's the new generic Yamato stand that they're releasing; I don't believe the VF-11 is going to actually come with it though.

Holy Farking Schnit!!! That is a thing of beauty!!! I'm so excited to get this! Just look at those gorgeous lines in fighter mode!!

Chris

I'm glad Yamato was able to keep the fighter mode looking pretty sleek despite the landing gear bay being in relatively the same area as the 19. Supposedly, the landing gear made it necessary to make the 19's gullet so big, but it doesn't seem to be the case here.

The Spacy logo still is red instead of low-viz.

Looking at the pics the shoulder hinge problems seems to be solved by swinging the two spikes of the backplate out of the way.

At least I don't know what else they could be good for.

Edited by DarkReaper

I can't complain about the SDF-1 price any more looks like i'll be spending $550 in just March and April on only two lovely birds. dang that VF-11B looks great.

Barring any QC issues, I'd say we have another winner from Yamato! I'm glad they finally displayed it without the dorsal tail fins with the Super packs on. I'm a little worried about the insignia on the heat shield though-- will it be worn away after repeated transformations?

If past releases are any indication, I don't think it will be easy to wear off the insignia on the heat shield. Yamato's paint applications and tampo prints on plastic parts seem very durable and are sometimes a pain to remove when you're trying to.