Yamato 1/60 VF-11b under development

you know, I've never seen line art of the YF-19's landing Gear. the only line art I can find is for the VF-19 fire valk.

I just assume the YF-19 is the same.

Darkreaper---that view is obviously exaggerated forced-perspective. The individual close-ups should be "correct" though.

for the most part, the people who liked it back when, like it now, our early excitement more fully realized. The people who didn't are still pointing out what they don't like.

Nothings changed other than this thread had previously been mainly populated by the later.

you are right : Sharp eyes ^_^

hope they correct it

With how quickly everyone seems to spot the little detail errors on the past figures, I was surprised nobody mentioned it earlier. The M+ VF-11B is one of the few valks that doesn't have the kite in its standard colors. To me, that kind of stands out.

That VF-11 heatshield transformation, I had this sudden flash of "God man, Yamato's going to put it in the VF-1 and make me buy another update!" :)

I think we're pretty safe from that as the implementation of the heat shield as is for the VF-1 works pretty well. It would probably be useful for the VF-1D since if the cockpit and canopy were done correctly, there would be no room for a heatshield to hide in the chest. The problem is they would probably have to sacrifice the landing gear in some way due to it being directly underneath the cockpit which would leave no room to push it down.

Did anybody notice the U.N. Spacey kites are the wrong color? They used the standard red type instead of the low-viz gray version.

Is it still too late to correct this? Where's Graham? ;)

Well spotted. I've informed Yamato and there should be time to change it for the production version.

Graham

Unless you want the tail fins to stick out in battroid mode, there is a limit to how large you can have the tail fins and still store them completely inside the legs.

Graham

I am a fighter mode man. :p The fighter mode has to looks good!

I would perfer have a BIGGER tail fins in the fighter mode, I don't mind them stick out a little from the lower legs.

Unless you want the tail fins to stick out in battroid mode, there is a limit to how large you can have the tail fins and still store them completely inside the legs.

I don't care about them sticking out. I didn't think the neck/fuselage sticking above the chestplate on the v2 1.60 VF-1 was a big deal, so I can deal with tailfins sticking out of the leg of the VF-11B.

I think the current compromise-- the fins sticking out by a little bit, but not enough to affect the Super packs attachment, is good.

I don't think it is. Hell I'd even want to display mine in Super fighter mode with the fins out because it looks cool to me. The large vertical stabilizers are a key aspect in the VF-11's fighter mode, very prominent.

I don't think it is. Hell I'd even want to display mine in Super fighter mode with the fins out because it looks cool to me. The large vertical stabilizers are a key aspect in the VF-11's fighter mode, very prominent.

Right, but not lineart accurate. If you want your personal toy so badly, go make one yourself.

Honestly all the new VF-11 has to do to please me is have PT heat shield (which it does), be more posable than the old 1/72, and have no shoulder hinges/wing hinges and correct length FP Boosters... then again I haven't bought a Yamato valk since the Ivanov SV-51, but I still like them!

I may be misremembering, but hadn't it been said or possibly just hinted that Yamato didn't renew their VF-X2 license or something to that effect?

That can't be right because they just released VFX-2 colours for their GNU-DOU line.

SDK: Aftermarket or scratchbuilt fit on tail fins are a much easier fix. Like I said, if you want your personal toy, build it yourself.