Yamato 1/60 VF-11b under development

Honestly all the new VF-11 has to do to please me is have PT heat shield (which it does), be more posable than the old 1/72, and have no shoulder hinges/wing hinges and correct length FP Boosters... then again I haven't bought a Yamato valk since the Ivanov SV-51, but I still like them!

Don't worry, it is more posable, has no ugly exposed hinges and has correct size FPs. And of course the PT heatshield.

The only thing Yamato forgot is the two spare gunpod magazines on the back of the shield, but they are now seeing if they can be added.

Graham

The only thing Yamato forgot is the two spare gunpod magazines on the back of the shield, but they are now seeing if they can be added.

Graham

OMG thats awesome! I'll buy multiple copies of the VF-11B if this is implemented for sure! But wouldn't the gunpod magazines interfere with the placement of the shield in fighter mode?

Edited by edwin3060

thats for yamato to think about :D

let them do the work... afterall, we are paying good money for these

Nope, this is Macrossworld, which means:

1) We have to hash out the billions of ways this could work

2) When Yamato figures it out and shows it off, we have to praise it as the next best thing since sliced bread

3) When someone points out that the magazines are .002mm off from the lineart, it must be decried as the worst rendition of the VF-11 EVER.

4) People start saying "It's a Yamato product anyway, it's going to crumble in to a billion bits as soon as you cut the tape on the box".

5) Then people start complaining about Yamato's QC, and that the price is at least $100 too high, as if they understand the complex inner workings of manufacturing toys.

6) Someone bashes Robotech.

It's the Macrossworld way! Your speak of tolerance, patience and understanding is HERESY!

Vostok 7

Don't worry, it is more posable, has no ugly exposed hinges and has correct size FPs. And of course the PT heatshield.

Graham

Sometimes it's hard to say when G-man is talking serious. But if this is so, vf-11b is going to be better than I initially thought.

This birdy is becoming better in every new picture we get, giving more credit to Graham's words. But, is it confirmed if it is going to include a display stand with it?

And more important, Graham: have you tested its stability in GERWALK mode? I mean... well... ahem... can it hold some extra weight like, let's say the equivalent of a... for example, a yf-21?

post-657-1235036539_thumb.jpg

^_^

Then why are people excepting the 11 to be a problem? The 21 being perfect is a good sign for future releases.

I'm personally not expecting problems, but I will not be the slightest bit surprised if there are problems. I judge Yamato on the entirety of their Macross line, not just one recent release. I'm very much looking forward to the new VF-11 and I'm currently debating weather I want to be a test pilot or if I should wait. The fact I'll be spending next to nothing on Transformers this year tells me I'll probably decide to throw all caution to the wind and be a VF-11 test pilot. :wacko:

Edited by eriku

I'm personally not expecting problems, but I will not be the slightest bit surprised if there are problems. I judge Yamato on the entirety of their Macross line, not just one recent release. I'm very much looking forward to the new VF-11 and I'm currently debating weather I want to be a test pilot or if I should wait. The fact I'll be spending next to nothing on Transformers this year tells me I'll probably decide to throw all caution to the wind and be a VF-11 test pilot. :wacko:

I agree, I think it'll be fine as their design and build quality has steadily been improving but as you say, I wouldn't be surprised.

I agree, I think it'll be fine as their design and build quality has steadily been improving but as you say, I wouldn't be surprised.

I would guess, given the new shoulder design required so that the weird protrusions of the 1/72 can be eliminated, that the shoulders will, once again, be the weak point. Some people may also get their cockpits or heat shields stuck in the down position and be unable to adjust them if the mould tolerances are too tight, or the heat shield might not stay up if the mould tolerances are too loose. The new 2 piece front foot design may also be a failure point. Finally, of course, the landing gear may collapse. :p That's my worst case scenario read of the situation.

I personally don't think there will be a major problem. If there is well at least we can all get replacement parts now somewhat cheap from places like Overdrive. Everything right now IS SPECULATION until someone actual gets their hands on one.

Now don't get me wrong, I am NOT putting this on pre-order (no matter how much I want to!). I'll wait till I hear from people on these boards who purchased them before I make my final decision. That's because I don't want to drop $180US on something I never researched. I want to wait to see what the reviews are at the very least.

Edited by logos

I personally don't think there will be a major problem. If there is well at least we can all get replacement parts now somewhat cheap from places like Overdrive. Everything right now IS SPECULATION until someone actual gets their hands on one.

Now don't get me wrong, I am NOT putting this on pre-order (no matter how much I want to!). I'll wait till I hear from people on these boards who purchased them before I make my final decision. That's because I don't want to drop $180US on something I never researched. I want to wait to see what the reviews are at the very least.

Yep... it's not like the VF-11B will sell out immediately or anything anyway.

Nope, this is Macrossworld, which means:

1) We have to hash out the billions of ways this could work

2) When Yamato figures it out and shows it off, we have to praise it as the next best thing since sliced bread

3) When someone points out that the magazines are .002mm off from the lineart, it must be decried as the worst rendition of the VF-11 EVER.

4) People start saying "It's a Yamato product anyway, it's going to crumble in to a billion bits as soon as you cut the tape on the box".

5) Then people start complaining about Yamato's QC, and that the price is at least $100 too high, as if they understand the complex inner workings of manufacturing toys.

6) Someone bashes Robotech.

It's the Macrossworld way! Your speak of tolerance, patience and understanding is HERESY!

Vostok 7

7) Someone bitches about the lack of magazines

8) People say it's not PT because of some insipid detail

9) Someone bashes Robotech

10) Someone realizes their Yammie, which they've had for years, has a detail they didn't know about

11) Someone says something about Bandai

12) Someone bashes chunky monkey

13) Someone from 12 gets bashed

14) Someone bashes Robotech

15) People start talking about how much a Misa cast-off is necessary

Added to the list. It is now complete.

SDK: Aftermarket or scratchbuilt fit on tail fins are a much easier fix. Like I said, if you want your personal toy, build it yourself.

As a fan of Yamato's original VF-11B toy 8 years ago, I would think that 8 years later they would have at least increased the size of the tailfins. That was something they tried working around but couldn't implement. As for now, the fins could be bigger. If I wanted to build something, I'd buy a model.

As a fan of Yamato's original VF-11B toy 8 years ago, I would think that 8 years later they would have at least increased the size of the tailfins. That was something they tried working around but couldn't implement. As for now, the fins could be bigger. If I wanted to build something, I'd buy a model.

That would be nice if there WERE any models for the VF-11.

Vostok 7

I think it's a partial parts former anyways (the model that is).

I personally like the new 11B, and really there's nothing we can do to change the nitpick things. The design is way past the point of a retooling. We're never going to have 100% accurate toys when they are based on pencil renders. With all the new CG in anime it's more likely though not assured. Obviously, at this point, the best way to show your dislike of the compromises is to not plunk down the cash for one. I like it though, so I definitely will.

I personally like the new 11B, and really there's nothing we can do to change the nitpick things. The design is way past the point of a retooling. We're never going to have 100% accurate toys when they are based on pencil renders. With all the new CG in anime it's more likely though not assured. Obviously, at this point, the best way to show your dislike of the compromises is to not plunk down the cash for one. I like it though, so I definitely will.

What he said!! B))

Nope. Years ago when I bought my Yamato 1/72s the shop owner threw in a MAXL as a gift that was from that line. It has two whole models, a fighter and a battroid. Both suck pretty bad, but then they are Mac7 goods so what do you expect? ^_^:lol:

Vostok 7

7) Someone bitches about the lack of magazines

8) People say it's not PT because of some insipid detail

9) Someone bashes Robotech

10) Someone realizes their Yammie, which they've had for years, has a detail they didn't know about

11) Someone says something about Bandai

12) Someone bashes chunky monkey

13) Someone from 12 gets bashed

14) Someone bashes Robotech

15) People start talking about how much a Misa cast-off is necessary

16) A moderator threatens to close the thread unless everyone gets back on topic

17) Graham says he spoke to Yamato about a Misa cast-off and that "something big which takes off its' clothes is coming soon."

18) Rabid speculation starts that it must be a Klan-Klan cast off

19) Someone points out that Bandai has the license for MF

20) Someone bashes the DX Ozma for bent lasers and turtle necks

21) Someone tells the above someone that his mom has bent lasers and a turtle neck and to just get a blow drier

22) Someone posts a pick of their mom with a blow drier, heating Ozma's bent lasers

23) Someone else says that this is Macrossworld, not MILF world.

24) Someone gets offended that someone else thinks their mom is a MILF

25) A noobie writes "Can anyone tell me if Rick Hunter will show up with the Megaroad One in the Macross Frontier movie, or did the Invid that appeared in the series definitively kill him off?"

:) Can't wait for the VF-11B :)

Pete

Will Yamato include a stand similar to the YF-21?

I don't think so. If you check out the picks they include parts for it to be attached to the Yamato stand (look at the attachment point tabs). Note that the YF-21 only included attachment parts for it's own stand.

post-9075-1235228340_thumb.jpg

Edited by logos

16) A moderator threatens to close the thread unless everyone gets back on topic

17) Graham says he spoke to Yamato about a Misa cast-off and that "something big which takes off its' clothes is coming soon."

21) Someone tells the above someone that his mom has bent lasers and a turtle neck and to just get a blow drier

22) Someone posts a pick of their mom with a blow drier, heating Ozma's bent lasers

25) A noobie writes "Can anyone tell me if Rick Hunter will show up with the Megaroad One in the Macross Frontier movie, or did the Invid that appeared in the series definitively kill him off?"

Pete

hahaha! this are great! ^_^

on topic, isn't Yamato going to release a new macross stand?, those connector on the 11 must be for it...

on topic, isn't Yamato going to release a new macross stand?, those connector on the 11 must be for it...

They should be compatible with the new ones and the old launch arm stand. This make the Sv-51 and YF-21 the odd one of the family - come with own stand but incompatible with other stands.

Pete

And, the final 5!

26) Someone bashes said noob

27) Entire board kills noob fo Megaroad-1

28) Entire board grabs flamethrowers over Invid comment

29) Entire board blows up noob's ashes

30) Somone bashes Robotech

Back on-topic:

I always wondered what a VF-11 would look like on a DYRL? launch arm. Maybe now we can find out.

And, the final 5!

26) Someone bashes said noob

27) Entire board kills noob fo Megaroad-1

28) Entire board grabs flamethrowers over Invid comment

29) Entire board blows up noob's ashes

30) Somone bashes Robotech

Back on-topic:

I always wondered what a VF-11 would look like on a DYRL? launch arm. Maybe now we can find out.

Whats the difference between the DYRL launch arm and the Macross 7 launch arms?