Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie

UN Spacy

Is this a ground up redesign or the basic 1/60 YF-19 with different sized/shaped components? Most of the gimmicks (leg missiles, shoulders, etc) seem doable on the current design...

Edited by Uxi

Graham---any news of Mylene's? Or even more importantly, a new YF-19?

An all new YF-19 is actually a possibility for the future (say 2-3 years later), but far from confirmed at this stage. More in the 'we're just starting to consider it' category.

Mylenes - no.

Graham

Is the prototype you are going to handle made out of resin? I was wondering if they are far enough to have a plastic prototype. It would be cool if they let you man handle it so they can iron out any issue before final production. That way we don't have a beautiful design tarnished(V2 1/60 VF-1 shoulder hinges on many of the initial releases).

Also can you ask them if the Blazer will be released by summer 2011? Fire Valk is cool but I want Blazer more. I will most likely get the Fire Valkyrie too, but maybe after the Blazer.

Resin sculpt only at the moment.

They are still a long way from having anything in plastic.

Blazer will definitely come.

Graham

An all new YF-19 is actually a possibility for the future (say 2-3 years later), but far from confirmed at this stage. More in the 'we're just starting to consider it' category.

Mylenes - no.

Graham

Resin sculpt only at the moment.

They are still a long way from having anything in plastic.

Blazer will definitely come.

Graham

Hmm...I think it will be fitting if Yamato makes an a V2 YF-19 for the later half of 2012; 30th Anniversary of Macross, with 1/60 VF-4 during the 1st half...fitting for the fighter that debuted in Flashback 2012

My reasoning for the 19 is that unlike the VF-11 and YF-21 in 1/60 scale, it looks dated compared to all the recent releases.

Anyways back on the Fire Valkyrie, I hope the toy feels very solid and durable. Ratchets/detents on joints, et al. Yamato has improved a lot when it comes to making more solid toys.

• 1 month later...

i guess we wont see any news on the fire valk till next year, as the sdf-1 is yamato's priority.... well, i guess that is ok now for me, since i have finally decided to buy the yf-19 BOP, and should give me enough time for next years toy: Blazzer. I guess that will probably come in the later part of the 2011.

as for the vf-2SS, one can only dream... i have not seen any confirmation Yamato would be even considering that is a serious project they want to do in the short term...but if you think about it, there sure is alot of variations in the color scheme. I think everyone is also awaiting to see if Yamato or Bandai will do the vf-17 / vf-171, which is a macross 7 / macross frontier.

Hi Graham, any word on how did the handling of the prototype go? Any updates on this valk?

I'm wondering too- pretty much sitting on pins and needles. Honestly, the DN YF-19 is pretty damn good to me as far as articulation and transformation, my toy's joints are doing amazingly well. I do transform a lot. What I'd like to see is the mold lose a few pounds visually. The nose and main body just seem either a touch too short which makes it look fat in the neck or it's too fat in the neck making it look short. I'm not sure which one, but visually that's how it looks to me. Either way. . . I'll buy it. Hook, line, and sinker, yessiree.

we need pics! :rolleyes:

So who was the one who took their stalking stake-out eyes off Graham? We keep telling you to keep those eyes on those monitors and watch when Graham goes out to dinner with Yamato.

• 3 weeks later...