Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie

UN Spacy

kiddie gimmicks huh, thats what they are, speakers... so?

Any speakers you could fit into that thing would suck. A full mp3 player would tack on somewhere around a hundred bucks on to it... remember how much the fold booster cost? And that was little more than a glorified flashlight.

And then what? You're going to walk around with a little sound booster MP3 player instead of an ipod?

As i mentioned before you can have 2 versions, 1 exclusive with the speakers and one without. I don't think the speakers would lack power, they'd be big enough.

Yes, yes Eugimon, i'll be walking around with the 1/60 sound boosters strapped on my back. YOU WILL LISTEN TO MY SONG!!!!

Don't deny the cool factor of having your Fire Valk jamming in the middle of your collection, you know you want it, quit the charade.

It wouldn't be a full mp3 playereither i guess, just the speakers, with usb cord??

IMO, it would be cool. I was one of the guys who mentioned this even before the first proto pics came out.

A macross toy with music, which is an integral part of Macross lore, would be awesome.

I also think that Yamato would definitely be able to pull this off without it becoming tasteless like Hasbro's voice gimmicks on their TFs.

As i mentioned before you can have 2 versions, 1 exclusive with the speakers and one without. I don't think the speakers would lack power, they'd be big enough.

Yes, yes Eugimon, i'll be walking around with the 1/60 sound boosters strapped on my back. YOU WILL LISTEN TO MY SONG!!!!

Don't deny the cool factor of having your Fire Valk jamming in the middle of your collection, you know you want it, quit the charade.

It wouldn't be a full mp3 playereither i guess, just the speakers, with usb cord??

haha, I have no doubt YOU would walk around rocking the sound booster. LOL

Anyways, Graham said he mentioned an MP3 player build into the sound booster. Not just speakers.

I wouldn't mind a speaker system and USB dock built into a stand. Then it would be easier to work in higher quality speakers and maybe even a little light system.

haha, I have no doubt YOU would walk around rocking the sound booster. LOL

Anyways, Graham said he mentioned an MP3 player build into the sound booster. Not just speakers.

I wouldn't mind a speaker system and USB dock built into a stand. Then it would be easier to work in higher quality speakers and maybe even a little light system.

I agree with that, I'd prefer all the stuff in a stand.

As I am a relative new comer to Mac 7---(just now plodding through the series for the first time, on about episode 20 I think), I gotta say, when I first saw the Fire Valk, I was kinda like mehh....buuuut.....the more I watch the show---the more I kinda might have to cave and get this if Yamato gets it right....and yeah....music would be a freakin cool addition for those who wanted to pay extra for it!!

What can you say, not everyone has good tastes in toys.

If they do make a working speaker set, I think it'd be cool to have just to display and act as a little sound system. I'd be interested in that, and if it did come with a Syvil figure, I'd be all in.

What can you say, not everyone has good tastes in toys.

If they do make a working speaker set, I think it'd be cool to have just to display and act as a little sound system. I'd be interested in that, and if it did come with a Syvil figure, I'd be all in.

Are you implying because I don't like this I have bad taste? A bit ignorant me thinks, unless you're joking, I can never really tell on this site, many people nerd rage over the stupidest stuff.

Its cool that Yamato seem to be going the extra mile with this toy just by considering things like an additional Basara figure and MP3 sound boosters but i wish they would do the same with all their releases. I really dont like Yamato's current trend of re-releasing toys with the add-ons removed and then charging a ridiculously high price for a ghost add on or fast pack.

Anyway winge over - i hate the face and colour scheme of the Kai but its release brings me closer to a Blazer valk so im kinda looking forward to it.

If they do make the speaker system I really hope it's an optional set, I couldn't care less about them and don't want to pay extra for them. I just want the Valk.

Chris

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=32626&st=70

4710998930_40b196ebeb.jpg

4947352142_4d14c0e79a_b.jpg

Just rad. Cept in the above pic you can actually listen to stuff! A portable fully variable FULLY POSEABLE MP3 Playa! WANT!

4947352050_d0465d263d_b.jpg

hell make them red plates light up too. Go the full hog!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Those pics do nothing for me. :huh:

Not saying they shouldn't make it (if they wanted to) for you guys that like the idea, just don't make me have to buy it just to get the valk. It's probably already going to be a $200-ish Valk without adding in a freaking MP3 palyer! If it happens it needs to be an accessory and/or an optional bundle.

Chris

I should probably clarify, I'm not wanting an MP3 player inside the valk. but making the speakers able to have some sort of MP3 player or ipod connection that'd let you play those through it would be cool. I don't wanna spend too much money on it, but all that extra stuff cost. Oh well. Worst case scenario, we still get the Valk. No complaints.

Probably the easiest and least expensive option is to make the Sound Booster unit or some other add-on into a mini-speaker system with simple phono plug to connect your iPod. I think if it's anything more complex, it'll end up being a high-priced web exclusive.

Edited by Vifam7

That could work, but for decent speakers you're probably going to need two plugs.. a patch cord to go into a standard headphone jack, and a tiny power adapter to boost the.. heh.. sound. I mean you could just put a simple speaker and input in there, but it would be a travesty for those speakers to be weak and underpowered. tongue.gif

Edited by Chronocidal

Judging from previous companies foray into MP3 players/Mecha.

Remember TakaraTomy's Soundwave and Blaster. They were BOTH 60 to 70% off for the longest time at HLJ...yet nobody bought em.

Judging from previous companies foray into MP3 players/Mecha.

Remember TakaraTomy's Soundwave and Blaster. They were BOTH 60 to 70% off for the longest time at HLJ...yet nobody bought em.

that's because the MP3 gimmick sucked. Too big to carry around as a portable MP3 player and too feature poor to use it for any other purpose other than a gimmick to show to other nerd friends.

Put it in a stand. That way you can put in real speakers and we can use it for our PC's or whatever. Put little LED stage lights on and have it come with the rest of the band.

Those pics do nothing for me. :huh:

Not saying they shouldn't make it (if they wanted to) for you guys that like the idea, just don't make me have to buy it just to get the valk. It's probably already going to be a $200-ish Valk without adding in a freaking MP3 palyer! If it happens it needs to be an accessory and/or an optional bundle.

Chris

Co-sign.