Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie

UN Spacy

I'm guessing 300 is the new ceiling.

If this turns out to be the case. Then purchasing multiples is definitely out of the qestions, and realm, for me.

It doesn't make sense for them to charge anywhere near $300.00 (I know, this highly speculative). The mold is not only for the VF-19 Blazer, exclusively.

While on the other hand the Yen to Dollar exchange would be the only reason for the exhorbitant price increase.

Since MSRP isn't determined yet they may still be weighing their options and they might still elect to include less (imagine the original YF-19 release). That said, what's the most expensive valk released to date? Maybe this is just going to be a few Yen more than that so no biggie... or maybe the SDF-1 is a hint of how whacky Macross prices are getting.

I thought that was the whole point of being a MW member :huh:

Seriously tho', I hope the overpricing of the mass produced SDF-1 is not Yamato's clever way of getting us used to the new price range:

November 2010:"Sure the price it's a bit steep, but c'mon, It's the SDF-1!"

February 2011:"So what if the Kai costs 300 bucks? it's still way cheaper than the SDF-1!"

Why are you guys getting all bent out of shape over pricing which as far as I know, hasn't even been announced yet (please correct me if I am wrong).

We need rumor control! :D

Seriously, the only reason I could see for an abnormally high MSRP would be if they wanted to include the Sound Booster right off the bat. Even then, I'd kind of have a hard time seeing it much higher than 20,000-21,000 yen. Or $250'ish for the upper limit with the current exchange rate.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really glad to see in these pics that the final product will be made of a glossy bright red plastic. It looks very accurate to the M7 show and it should also have a very solid feel to it when handled

I think that's still a prototype. The final product will likely be the same semi-gloss textured finish that we see in the most of their releases. The YF-21 prototype was also shown with a high gloss finish as well at one of the toy shows.

I think that's still a prototype. The final product will likely be the same semi-gloss textured finish that we see in the most of their releases. The YF-21 prototype was also shown with a high gloss finish as well at one of the toy shows.

Yeah, it seems to me that the semi-gloss textured finish is already kind of a © for Yamato.

Greeeeaaaat toy!!! I know comparisons are something hideous to do, but look at the much nicer proportions of the new Yamato VF-19 Fire compared to his 1/100 Bandai Hi-Metal counterpart… What a shame that the new photo isn’t very detailed; there are so many great features on this toy we can’t see…

post-12283-129403751793_thumb.jpg

so, who want's to start taking bets on how much this is going to cost?

I've got my money on ¥23,800 before tax/shipping. :p

I will not be the LEAST bit surprised if your guess is very close to accurate.

The Yammy definitely looks good proportionally in comparison to the Hi-Metal... but I wouldn't say that Hi-Metal looks bad. The Yamato is going to be a completely different beast though, I expect very good things at a premium price (think triple the Bandai... or quintuple the Bandai after it went on sale).

Greeeeaaaat toy!!! I know comparisons are something hideous to do, but look at the much nicer proportions of the new Yamato VF-19 Fire compared to his 1/100 Bandai Hi-Metal counterpart… What a shame that the new photo isn’t very detailed; there are so many great features on this toy we can’t see…

The Bandai in that pic looks scared sh!tless. It knows it will soon be replaced by something far superior. Then, off the bargain bin for the Bandai.

The Bandai in that pic looks scared sh!tless. It knows it will soon be replaced by something far superior. Then, off the bargain bin for the Bandai.

But then again, I think each figure has its own market. Yamato for the high-end replica and Bandai for the small scale action figure. Considering the immense difference in price range, I don't see the Yamato one appealing to many non-hard-core Macross fans. Replace? Not really. Offer an alternative? Yes.

But then again, again, it won't really matter to me since I'll be sure to get them all. (^.^)

Oh, when was the expected release date again?

Edited by Actar

I dunno....the yammie's torso section looks too short and makes it look stumpy. The Bandai looks more proportionate in that regard.

As for gimmicks, see yammie, you COULD add in the leg missiles if you tried. But you didn't for the YF-19. :(

Lets just hope this iteration of the VF-19 can sweep its wings backwards.

I dunno....the yammie's torso section looks too short and makes it look stumpy. The Bandai looks more proportionate in that regard.

As for gimmicks, see yammie, you COULD add in the leg missiles if you tried. But you didn't for the YF-19. :(

torso is supposed to be short and stumpy

post-19-129409795516_thumb.gif

This is the first yf/vf-19 that has actually gotten this aspect of the design correct.

You're probably right... but I still hope they will get over this habit, just for Basara's valkyrie. A flat texture and faded red is just not suited for the Fire Valkyrie to me, it has to be over the top, bright red and glossy!

You're probably right... but I still hope they will get over this habit, just for Basara's valkyrie. A flat texture and faded red is just not suited for the Fire Valkyrie to me, it has to be over the top, bright red and glossy!

I wish they would go to using a gloss finish for all their releases. The textured surface they use now sucks, I much prefer the extra glossy finish on the bandai DX's.

I wish they would go to using a gloss finish for all their releases. The textured surface they use now sucks, I much prefer the extra glossy finish on the bandai DX's.

yeah, I love the way the paint won't adhere to it and flakes off and how the light reflecting off the surface shows off all the minute swirly scratches from everyday handling.

Who needs a high quality finish when you can just have the cheapest possible molds, I guess it goes well with the low quality plastic the DXs are made from.

First of all, as Eugimon & David have just said the torso is supposed to be short and stumpy and in that regard this new VF-19Kai is a great improvement over all its precursors, including the Yamato 1/60 YF-19 itself. From my point of view that’s just perfect.

Regarding the leg missiles, it´s true that they are not present in the current YF-19, but to be fair, there weren’t much of such kind of gimmicks back in 2006 when it was first released. So personally I’m most thankful that Yamato keeps designing toys which are more and more detailed and plenty of new gimmicks I’ll really enjoy –mostly considering how much we pay for them.

And I may be wrong, but I’ve never seen the VF-19Kai Fire sweeping its wings backward, nor in the show nor in the line art. The only reason I’d consider that feature of any interest would be for a future V.2 upgrade of the YF-19.

Heh, and I have one of the gloss finish 1/60 YF-21 prototypes sitting at home somewhere and very nice it is too, although the gloss plastic does tend to scratch and show up the scratches easily.

Graham

yeah, I love the way the paint won't adhere to it and flakes off and how the light reflecting off the surface shows off all the minute swirly scratches from everyday handling.

Who needs a high quality finish when you can just have the cheapest possible molds, I guess it goes well with the low quality plastic the DXs are made from.

:lol::lol::lol:

I just noticed that the hand plate armor on the Yamato is all red but on the bandai and artwork, only a small "grate" on the hand armor is colored red on an otherwise all black hand. Is it possible to correct it, Graham?

Edited by AlphaOne