Meeting Yamato on October 21

Graham

ooh.... where to start. I guess i'll begin with the SV-51 - are there plans to address the problems with the first release, and will the 'Nora' be fixed? (a lot of dedicated fans are waiting for a sturdier version to be released before buying)

Can we see some pics of the YF-21 prototype? (i'm sure you're all over this one already).

Will we see a VF-0D anytime soon? (you know we all want it, and it will sell for sure).

Reactive armor for the VF-0? (again.. its a no brainer on the sales front).

Could we maybe see Yamato use stronger boxes - I know it sounds silly, but it makes a big difference.

Hope i havent bombarded you on this one.... i know everyone else will!

My questions are as follows:

1) 1/60 YF-19 in Super Nova colors

2) 1/60 YF-21, will there be a giftset version that comes with Fps

3) 1/60 VF-11B?

4) Will yamato be doing a scaled down 1/60 VF-1 but incorporating all the features and perfect transformation of 1/48

5) Another version of VF-0S in greyish white as the current version in beige white looks too plasticky?

6) 1/60 VF-0D?

Tks

Edited by recon

Uhmmm..... hmm....

1/60 YF-21 info

1/60 YF-19FP no FB...

Any more info on properly fixing VF-0A shoulders, or are we stuck buying still crappy shoulders from hlj?

1/12 Votoms news past Fyana w/ BD release... when are we going to see the generic pilot figures? Are they going to start on enemy designs (there's plenty of variations on the Turtle/Tortoise body to do... noone else does it...)

1. Any chances on a bigger scale toy like 1:36 or 1:24?

2. Yellowing plastic over time due to direct/indirect light makes displayed toys look bad, can they use better plastic?

3. Would be nice to have a VF-1S fully painted from factory based on Canon.

* YF-21 Fold Booster FP set. Or will they include the FP's with the YF-21? It's not really much in features,

so can we ask if they can just add the FP's with the normal release and have a Fold set with something else?

Most people have a Fold anyways, just add the Fold connector supports in with the YF-21 which sounds reasonable.

* Please for the love of God, can they improve on their box art effectively immedietaly before they do more damage.

Lets start with the Nora.... This can be helped by not deploying the landing gear down and slapping the image on the front cover. ><

* Ask the question about the Reactive Armor for the VF-0s?

* Updated 1/60 VF-1s would be fantastic.

* Single YF-19 with fixes would be great.

* How about the X-9 Ghost?

Cheers Graham. :D i really can't ask for much as the YF-21 has been already confirmed. Maybe pics? :p

Maybe a fighter pod? lol

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

As the title says, I'm meeting with Yamato on Sunday 21st October. If you have any questions or comments you would like me to pass on, please list them in this thread.

Graham

You know this question is going to be asked over and over and over again. Please make some 2 seater 1/48 VF's (ostrich and elint). Thanks. ;)

Edited by vt102

WOW. just listen to you guys. seriously. "Oh ask Yamato to make this and that blah blah." Are you people like 5 year olds asking to make more toys? Adults still playing with toys?!? How immature.

I am sure Yamato are very busy people and do not have time for all these requests. You guys acting like little kids begging for more candy. PLEASE. GROW UP ALREADY!!

Rant over.

Oh hey Graham, umm can you ask Yamato if they will be making the 1/48 VF-1D and the TV 1A Max and Ben colors? Its a simple repaint. PLEASE?

Thanks.

:ph34r:

Edited by carlodibi

WOW. just listen to you guys. seriously. "Oh ask Yamato to make this and that blah blah." Are you people like 5 year olds asking to make more toys? Adults still playing with toys?!? How immature.

I am sure Yamato are very busy people and do not have time for all these requests. You guys acting like little kids begging for more candy. PLEASE. GROW UP ALREADY!!

Rant over.

Oh hey Graham, umm can you ask Yamato if they will be making the 1/48 VF-1D and the TV 1A Max and Ben colors? Its a simple repaint. PLEASE?

Thanks.

:ph34r:

Obviously new here.. and a robotrekkie. Shut the hell up.

A few of minor questions:

1) Is there any new nuggets of info. Yamato can authorize you to disclose about any of their upcoming releases? (both Macross AND/OR non-Macross related) :D

2) Will the first release of the YF-21 be with or without the FP's?

3) Does anyone at Yamato look at our guesses in the "Graham's Sig" thread and laugh maniacally? Or do they ever look at it and go, "Ooh! That's a good idea. We should make that!"?

Edited by Mog

Does anyone at Yamato look at our guesses in the "Graham's Sig" thread and laugh maniacally? Or do they ever look at it and go, "Ooh! That's a good idea. We should make that!"?

I have often wondered that myself.

Oh, and by the way...

Big Thanks to Graham for taking the time to do this... and i think i speak for all of MacrossWorld.

- Thankyou Graham -

Edited by vermillion01

The Age old question.

1. QC problem. Though we understand that the factory is China. Yamato would definitely have a local(japan) management guy down in china to oversee the production. however, why is it that thru the last 4-5 years, we're still getting sub-standard, QC problems with the valks they they are churning out.

Ymato isn't the only Japanese anime/toys makers who have their factories in China. What measures are they taking wrt to this to ensure their quality and QC is up to standards that they are on par with other manufacturers.

2. Let us know the plan for the future. releases.

3. They have said before that they would not rule out the possiblity of a SDF-1, any updates at this point?

4. With all of us guess here and there the complexibility of turnig a VF-1 into a 2 seater, let's have some official word on this, what's the complications?

5. like others, VT-1 and VE.

-Fourth to question about possibility of VF-4.

-Possibility of a 1/60 VF-1 redo with a cockpit structure like the YF-19 for easy factory or custom conversion to a two-seater without having to retool for the VF-1D, just replace with a new canopy for lineart accuracy on two-seaters (and minimal work for a VT/VE-1).

-Permission to show us the pics of YF-19 rejected prototypes, since you mentioned you have pics.

-question possibility of a VF-22.

-If VF-22 = NO, Suggest they include with the YF-21 the VF-22 faceplate and alternate canopy, plus alternate VF-22 belly-plate covers for an easy VF-22 conversion (it's just one more step than what they were going to do with the 1/72 YF-21 FP, including faceplate and canopy).

-status on the decision of the Dobber Scheme SV-51.

-permission to release details and status of the Minmay figure

-what are they doing about QC?

addition: Thank you very much Graham for doing this for us! :) You rock!

Edited by Sumdumgai

First off, thank you for continuing to make Macross toys. All battying and moaning about QC aside, Yamato is one of the very few companies making toys of this complexity, detail and quality, let alone making Macross toys at all. Maybe I'm marveling teary-eyed at my shiny new Ivanov, but I'm continually amazed by what they're able to accomplish and I for one am grateful they're doing it.

Secondly, any information on or better yet pictures of the 21 prototype would be appreciated. Hell, any information on what's coming up in general. I'll never understand all the secrecy surrounding their upcoming product line when they're pretty much the only game in town. Maybe it's a Japanese thing.

Anyway, thanks for listening.

Edited by Batou

Well, first of all I`d like to thank Graham for the amazing chance that he is giving us. You`re great!

I would like to see more accessories for our Valks and all macross-related toys. And better shaped. I am not satisfied with the three white missiles that you find in every 1/48 valks. It`s the only part of the toy that actually feels like, uhm...a toy. And they should have red caps at beginning and at the end right? Yamato should re-make them. Also, having more accessories sold separately would be sweet. What if I want a VF-1A CF with a DYRL pilot rather than the crappy SDFM that there is in the box? I would say sell pilots, missiles and other accesories separately, maybe even stickers(in order to distinguish different squadrons). Everything that might help to customize your birds. Fast packs with different colors would be nice too(for Low Vis.1 for example).

As far as the release of other models I am fine with EVERY valks in the Macross universe except for the Macross 7 models. Anyway I really really really would like to see a 1/48 VF-1S Max version and a VF-11B(1/60??) from Macross Plus.

Edited by Ryoma

4) Will yamato be doing a scaled down 1/60 VF-1 but incorporating all the features and perfect transformation of 1/48

Tks

I second this question...1/60 scale perfect transform, 1/60 is good size for shelf/display space and offers detail.

Closer to common modeling size. They almost had it right with the 1/60 line. Just not a fan of super large(voltron size) mecha.

Also how about an 1/3000 Sdf-1 ala Taka/matchbox. With die cast parts.

How about a 1/3000(or close) DYRL SDF1 w/th ARMDs for arms..??

1/5000 Wave is a bit too small for the majesty that is SDF1. (deserves large voltron size!)

This would be center piece in many collections.

IMHO

carlodibi is a real douche, in one breathe rips on people posting requests and in the next breathe...maybe he's joking?

You think they dont listen to customers at all? esp large macross Comunity like this?? This is priceless marketing data.

Thank you very much Graham for this opportunity.

Please ask them "will you or could you make a regult of any scale with a zentraedi warrior figure that goes inside? Sort of like the votoms figs. 1/60 may be big but it would be nice"

second question from me is "will you reissue the 1/48 stealth fast packs?" Those are so cool.

I am another vote for the vf-4 and would like to know "why not?"

I would also like you to please thank them from me for their work.

Thank you again Graham master flash.

Hello I'm new here! I just wanted to begin by thanking Graham and company for this forum! It has been a great source of information for a Yamato newbie like myself. I'll echo some of the questions others have posted!!!

1. 1/48 Paint schemes. Any chance in the future of a VF-1D, "TV accurate" VF-1S, M. Guard, the missing VF-1A colors, Alaska Base Colors?

2. 1/48 Ostrich and Elintseeker ... please!!!!

3. Seeing how they just rereleased M&M Supers, do they plan any other rereleases soon?

4. Will we see 1/60 reactive armor for the VF-0S?

1-Is there a possibility for a new perfect variable/transformation 1/60 VF-1 under $100? Also, can you suggest to Yamato that if this VF-1 were to be made, we would not need moving flaps, nor removable nosecone with detailed randome. Diecast only in necesary areas for structural durability.

2-Will universal movement ratchets be used instead of balljoints in the future? Some of the ball joints(1/48 VF-1 shoulders) loosen over time.

3-Is a 1/48 VF-1A Max Type TV version being considered? Being that Kakizaki, a much less popular character, had a DYRL 1/48 toy made, why not Max from the TV series? Kakizaki's valkyrie in DYRL barely had any screen time compared to Max's VF-1A in the TV series. Significant and memorable appearancees featuring his VF-1A prominently:first fight with Milia, combat debut saving Kakizaki, saving Kakizaki, Hikaru and Misa, etc. Add to the fact, that Max is a popular character.

4-Are the 1/60 VF-0 shoulders and bicep parts being redesigned for durability in future versions?

5-Of all the 1/48 VF-1 releases, which sold the best?

6-Will 1/48 FAST pack parts be available in the near future?

Do they have any job openings for a Dutch civil engineer with years of CAD experience, that doesn't speak a word of Japanese, lives in Holland but has no problem with the long commute to the office? ^_^

Also, I'd like to know about the Reactive Armor and the VF-11. Not if but when they'll be released?

Improved 1/60 VF-1 series valks with the detail/gimmicks of the 1/48 line. (Or as many details/gimmicks possible for that scale)

Super O and Elint in 1/48....you've made every other Valk from the DYRL movie, why not them too?!?

T.V. version of the Roy VF-1S and have a Hikkau T.V. pilot to go with it, it should be simple enough to do, right? ;)

A non FP & fold version of the YF-19 with every issue fixed would be nice.

Issue T.V. VF-1 FP's for those of us who bought the 1/48 T.V. valks that didn't come with them, or those of us who would like to make a T.V. version FP VF-1S. *cough*like me*cough* ;)

Fix the "floppy fuselage syndrome" of the 1/60 VF-0S if you haven't already. The 1/48's don't have this problem and never have, so we know it can be done.

Please make a VF-0D, but only if you can make it QC issue free the first time around.

One more thing...make a VF-22 in Max and Milla colors!! :)

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron