Meeting Yamato on October 21

Graham

lol, The term Valkyrie is only a nickname for the VF-1 series. So no it's not.

But i like many people refer Valkyries to all Macross Variable Fighters. Just coz it's such a sexy name. :p

Remember the V in (VF) is for Variable not Valkyrie.... isn't guys?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

haha... can you ask them to cut the fans a break and lower their prices for their toys??? haha...

i know they spent a lot of time making new designs for toys... but each toy that comes out has a higher and higher retail price and we've all become accustomed to paying well over $100 for a toy....

$200 seems to be the new $100 with all their new releases... its getting ridiculous... really... but i doubt they'd ever sell them for cheaper since people are still willing to buy....

haha... can you ask them to cut the fans a break and lower their prices for their toys??? haha...

i know they spent a lot of time making new designs for toys... but each toy that comes out has a higher and higher retail price and we've all become accustomed to paying well over $100 for a toy....

$200 seems to be the new $100 with all their new releases... its getting ridiculous... really... but i doubt they'd ever sell them for cheaper since people are still willing to buy....

Kiririth have a point there. I said once that a VF-1 1/60 redo would probably retail higher than a 1/48 wich illustrates how absurdly prices have gone up.

As for people still willing to pay, well, Yamato is the only game in town for Valks, so we don't have much of a choice there, but in my case, if the prices were more reasonable, I wouldn't have to skip all those sometimes cool repaints and stick to the "hero" one.

Why are you guys still asking for the VF-2SS. Macross II valks are the uggliest valks ever!

The VF-2SS is an Awesome design and is one of the best out there, You just don't like it because Kawamori didn't design it.

Sorry but their are worse designs out there. The SV-51 is awesome as a fighter, but leaves much to be desired as a Battroid. Also Macross 7. I don't seem to hear anyone demanding Valkyries from that series.

How can you say this fighter pictured below is ugly????

But thats just my thought. Macross fan 1985-Present.

post-6180-1192651997_thumb.jpg

Folks... i'm no Moderator, but can we for once keep all the petty squabbling out of this thread? Graham is doing us a great service by opening this thread to voice our opinions/requests to Yamato. He could even open this thread for them to read directly - anyone think of that? lets keep things realistic and on topic. I am interested to see other requests too, I am not however, interested in reading back and forth debates on which valks are cool or not... should they, shouldnt they etc.

If someone has a request/idea - post it.

if you have an opinion on it - pm it

EDIT - sorry mods... just thought that this thread out of all should be clean and on topic.

Edited by vermillion01

The VF-2SS is an Awesome design and is one of the best out there, You just don't like it because Kawamori didn't design it.

Sorry but their are worse designs out there. The SV-51 is awesome as a fighter, but leaves much to be desired as a Battroid. Also Macross 7. I don't seem to hear anyone demanding Valkyries from that series.

How can you say this fighter pictured below is ugly????

But thats just my thought. Macross fan 1985-Present.

It's engine nacelles are just too far apart. It always looks mistransformed. I'd take it over an SV-51, which only looks good in fighter, and then only from the side, but that isn't saying much. The VF-2SS has a mean battroid, but it doesn't get put together right in fighter.

But that's not what this thread is for, so enough of that.

And please, people; comments and questions. If you want to make a wish list, at least phrase it in the form of a question. Yamato will think that we are a bunch of 12 year olds.

Either that, or Graham will just ignore us.

Edited by Phyrox

I'd club a thousand baby seals to red stains in the snow with a NERF bat for a VF-2SS with SAP in 1/48 or even 1/60 scale. 500 baby seals for a VF-2JA. ^_^

To phrase it in the form of a question: What would I be willing to do for a VF-2SS and VF-2JA? :p

Seriously, though; I don't think it will ever happen, but if Graham could keep mentioning it every time he meets with Yamato, who knows? Maybe they would do it just to shut him up. :D

Edited by mechaninac

I'd club a thousand baby seals to red stains in the snow with a NERF bat for a VF-2SS with SAP in 1/48 or even 1/60 scale. 500 baby seals for a VF-2JA. ^_^

To phrase it in the form of a question: What would I be willing to do for a VF-2SS and VF-2JA? :p

Seriously, though; I don't think it will ever happen, but if Graham could keep mentioning it every time he meets with Yamato, who knows? Maybe they would do it just to shut him up. :D

I agree!

I don't normally buy the toys, but for Mac II VF-2's? I'd make an exception.

Throw in a Gilgamesh and I'll get the set!! B))

As for Phyrox's & S001's comments, I have similar issues about the VF-17, but I am willing to admit to myself that is a personal preference issue, not necessarily a failing of the VF-17 design itself.

So yes please ask if the Macross II variable fighters are on the drawing board, please?

Edited by Zinjo

Graham master flash,

This is my fourth post on this thread (sorry).

"Will Yamato make more macross character figures after the minmei? If so which ones? Request would be for Misa, Claudia, Milia, Laplamiz, Komila, Roy, Hikaru, Max, Gloval, Bridgebunnies, Zentraedi Warrior."

Also would love to see some photos of the new minmei figure. Get us excited. Get us ready for preorder. Thanks.

Can we get some Zentradi equipment? Pods, the fighter, and even the TV series' green-colored Quadluun Rau. It shouldn't be too hard to produce green Q-Raus, right? ^_^

1/60 would suffice since it will be large enough. The Max / Millia Quadluun Raus are also in 1/60 already. 1/48 Zent. would be huge though, but cool to ponder.

Seeing the rest of the VF lineup in 1/48 or 1/60 would be nice also. The VF-1 variants like the -1D, Super Ostrich, Elintseeker have yet to see 1/48 scale. Macross 7 has a slew of possibilities also. Then there's the VF-4. Then there's also the VF-11 that needs fresh love.

Edited by Warmaker

1) Any chance of US/North America distribution/support (broken parts, etc)?

2) Can we get a perfect transformation 1/60 VF-1 using all the tricks learned from 1/48? I still want moving flaps and removable radome, please. Make BP-8 diecast. Removable heat shield is fine with me. Definitely have removable intake covers if they can't work out a latch.

3) Any chance of M7/VF-X2 designs (VF-19A/F/S, VF-22S, VF-17D/S, VF-11C)?

4) 1/60 Nos/Q-Rau from Macross Plus?

5) Ghost X-9?

6) Zendraedi 1/60 scale (Regult with accessories-pack most desired for me. Keep it under $70-80 and i'll buy many)?

7) 1/60 Destroids?!

Edited by Uxi

With the VFX-2 and Macross Plus licenses, is the VF-17 being looked into at 1/60 scale? Its in the backgrounds of New Edwards base in the Macross Plus OVA's, and seems to be popular.

Could you tell us where? If that's true, than HOT DAMN! we can get the 17 through the M+ license!

Hell, after what Mr. March pointed out in the VA-14 thread, if there's enough interest Yamato could to a VA/VF-14.

addition: Lonely Soldier Boy, the VF-14 is what the Fz-109 Elgersoln is based off of. You can see it in "Spiritia Dreaming" episode of M7+. It also appeared as a flyable VF in Macross M3, for which Kawamori finished the design. Look up "VF-14 Vampire" on yahoo images and it'll come up. The VA-14 looks closer to the Fz-109 than the VF-14 in Macross M3, it has that bulkier look to it in battroid.

Edited by Sumdumgai

any chance on bringing back 1/60 vf-1's with more variants like vf-1s strike hikaru, vf-1a angel birds, vf-1a tv max with zentraedi suit and soldier, 1/60 small figures, destroids, regult and glaug, vehicles, playsets, dioramas, every remaining possible valkyrie that could be released in 1/60 scale?

Could you tell us where? If that's true, than HOT DAMN! we can get the 17 through the M+ license!

Hell, after what Mr. March pointed out in the VA-14 thread, if there's enough interest Yamato could to a VA/VF-14.

addition: Lonely Soldier Boy, the VF-14 is what the Fz-109 Elgersoln is based off of. You can see it in "Spiritia Dreaming" episode of M7+. It also appeared as a flyable VF in Macross M3, for which Kawamori finished the design. Look up "VF-14 Vampire" on yahoo images and it'll come up. The VA-14 looks closer to the Fz-109 than the VF-14 in Macross M3, it has that bulkier look to it in battroid.

I think its when Isamu's CO is either talking to him or the blonde girl after one of the YF-19 flights. You'll see planes in rows in the background, with the familiar angled stabilizers that identify the VF-17.

Another question for Yamato.

Is the M3 license up for grabs?(That would open up the VF-3000, VF-4, VF-14, variable Glaug, VF-9, and VF-11 in Max and Milia type colors).

If it's the scene where Myung just left Eden and Isamu was torture testing the 19 and almost smearing ground crew with his fly-bys, then it's what Mr. March pointed out as looking like a VA/VF-14 in the VA-14 thread in the Movies and TV series section. I agree it looks more like a VF-14, especially after azrael pointed out that the VA-14 is supposed to be bulkier.

Back on track:

-ask if Yamato can improve communication with their factories in China and check production samples before they okay a release so they don't have any more crooked gunpod incidents.

-ask if Yamato is considering doing more Macross female figures if their 25th Anniversary Minmay does well (Miria, Misa).

I think its when Isamu's CO is either talking to him or the blonde girl after one of the YF-19 flights. You'll see planes in rows in the background, with the familiar angled stabilizers that identify the VF-17.

Another question for Yamato.

Is the M3 license up for grabs?(That would open up the VF-3000, VF-4, VF-14, variable Glaug, VF-9, and VF-11 in Max and Milia type colors).

Mmmm, the VF-3000 and the Neo Glaug.... ^_^

I think the general wants on the thread are 1/60 VF-1 (which i don't know why, sure it will be in scale but i love my toys big screw a smaller scale, but that is just my opinion and i doubt yamato will do it as they said they won't), SDF-1. and obviously the ever elusive.....

VF-4 Lightning, Yamato get on that now! I will be a loyal servent forever for that and a VF-5000

Edited by kanedaestes

I'd ask for a "Signature Edition" line of 1/48 VF-1s.

Maybe just Hikaru (VF-1S) and Roy (VF-1S). . . same mold even. . . but with all the bigger stickers replaced with tampo printing or painted instead (especially all "U.N. SPACY" stickers).

A pipe dream? Probably. But I'd buy them in a second! I'll never be over the VF-1. Though I know some here have said they are.

I'd ask for a "Signature Edition" line of 1/48 VF-1s.

Maybe just Hikaru (VF-1S) and Roy (VF-1S). . . same mold even. . . but with all the bigger stickers replaced with tampo printing or painted instead (especially all "U.N. SPACY" stickers).

A pipe dream? Probably. But I'd buy them in a second! I'll never be over the VF-1. Though I know some here have said they are.

Dude, doesn't Max's VF-1S get any love too? ^_^

That would be a cool collection of all three VF-1S Strike Valks!