Meeting Yamato on October 21

Graham

1. qc improvements and better testing. i along with several others here have completely given up on buying 1st releases despite being rabid fans of their toys. that should be an alarming sign to them. qc complaints by japanese customers are also pretty common online.

2. M7 license. i still don't understand why they won't consider a VF-17.

3. SDF-1!!!! r they still considering building it?

4. if you can inquire about the status of a dobber scheme sv-51 that would be great as well.

thanks yamato for the releases and raping our wallets. =) In order to continue doing so it would probably be in their best interest to produce perhaps:

1.) More Enemies the size of the 1/48 valks, Zentraedi battle pods and Green Rau's

2.) Destroids the size or bigger of valks (hell i'd buy ten of each model)

3.) Minmay Guards

4.) VF4

5.) VF0S Reactive Armor

5.) VF11

6.) Supernova YF19

7.) VF22

8.) Minmay figure

9.) SDF larger size

thats it

=)

1. VA-3 Invader. The most unique looking variable aircraft in all of macross!

Please make one

2. VF-4 Lightning and VF-5000 would also be winners. I like how yamato is going for valkries that look different than the standard VF-1 Valkrie. Like the SV-51. Now give me a VA-3 and I would be very happy.

3. An awe inspiring large SDF-1 with lots of detail and poseability would make all the other toy companies jealous.

Edited by robomatt

I didnt feel like running through 4 pages, so if anyone asked this then call it a double request. Ask yamato what he thinks about NB4M's VF-1D mod for the 1/48 and if that would be a possible design for mass production. Also ask about the dobber custom scheme for the Sv-51. Thank you kindly.

Edited by dizman

Sorry Graham Master for posting a third time on this thread (may not be the last)

OK so in addition to the Regult and the TV Rau, I have to second, third, fourth, or I guess, fifth the motion of a 1/48 VF-1D. I have wanted a VF-1D for a long time and the customs are too much for me. I would be soooooooo happy if Yamato would make a 1/48 VF-1D if that is an absolute no and they are going to go with the perfect transformation line of 1/60 VF-1s then I suppose I will have to wait for that but I would much prefer a 1/48 VF-1D. Thanks.

I can answer some of these:

1/48 1D - No. because thats what they always say.

vf-4 in any scale - no. Because thats what they always say.

Glad i could help ;)

i guess i just want to echo the queries of others on new 1/60 VF-1's. Otherwise ill just wait and see what comes.

Well if there is enough vocal support for a VF-4, they might reconsider. I mean, they made the VB-6 Koenig Monster. As long as the VF-4 isn't a floppy underdetailed mess, I'd buy it. Hell, I'd probably buy a few of them over time and actually get off my butt and try doing some customs.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but did Graham answer our questions during the last meeting with Yamato, because I can't remember....and I see alot of repeated questions here as well so I reckon I'm not the only one who thought the questions were un-answered.

thanks for hearing our concerns G-man,

I too am concerned about the pricing of the Yamato toys, but like others have said, I wouldn't gawk at the prices if there was always an initial release version that had several critical QC problems.

Aside from those realistic concerns, I would like a YF-19 that has

1) Locking chest section

2) The special arm weapon unit from Macross Plus (to me the FP version was incomplete without it)

3) Full poseable wings (i've heard it's an engineering nightmare, but I'd still like to see it)

Timberwolf

I assume the VF-11, VF-0 Reactive armor VF-0d, SV-51 Dobber, YF-21 pics and other stuff is on the way (soner or later, mark my words), so I'll just leave that aside. This is my wishful list in order of importance:

Macross:

-VF-2ss with SAP (I know, I know, but I just have to try anyway).

-VF-17

-VF-22, or conversion kits as some have suggested.

-Regults (with included accessories to make either version).

-VF-19s "Docker Type"

-1/60 Mac Plus "Ghost".

-TV Q-Rau.

-That 1/60 Monster (help me Lord).

-Destroids.

-1/48 Enigma scheme to match the GBP Urban Camo (Fast Packs would be nice too!).

-1/48 Ground crew w/ vehicles and accessories.

-A nicely sized perfect transformation DYRL SDF-1, a la Spaceship Yamato from Bandai (the one with all the little hatches and gimmicks?).

-Another vote for the VF-4. Not an all time favorite, but I'll buy it anyway. (You're welcome guys)

-Any new VF's are welcome.

Non Macross.

-Aftermarket fully poseable figures for both my Garlands.

-What about those Landmates?

Oh, and check out the QC, prices too high, yada yada.

Thanks Graham and thank Yamato for the efforts.

Thanks for the opportunity to have at least some of our questions heard.

Here are a few questions that are a little different:

1. Can Yamato provide you with and permission to post any or all CAD drawings of already released products?

2. Any chance of selling unpainted, unassembled 1/48s with A/J/S heads in small plain boxes? Basically cut as much labour costs as possible and pass the savings on. Maybe even in an assortment of colors.

3. Could they get better quality stickers and include two sheets so one could be kept mint?

Thanks Graham.

Time to be a kid in a candy shop -_- ...

1: Can they recolor one of the 1/48 "jet black", and place in the Playboy Bunny Logo as the tail insignia?

2: Can you ask them if they need a web/multimedia designer for the company, who knows little Japanese, if so, I can be reached via the email address that I used to sign up w/this board.

3: Can they send in a freebie 1/60 VF0A w/fast pack my way?

4: If the first 3 cannot be accomplished, I need a replacement part for my 1/60 VF0S tail section, can that also be sent my way?

5: Anychance that they (Yamato) would redo the transforming Escaflowne figure, using sturdier material, that prevents it from flopping when transformed into one of it's various mode?

Edited by Dangaioh

G-Man tell them to keep up the good work. Their toys keep getting better with each succesive release.

As for request I'd like to see:

1) CF sv-51

2) Non Macross-- More Ikki Tousen Models :p

3) Supernova yf-19 schemes

4) Minmay guard vf-1S or Enigma scheme

5) 1/48 VF-1d Even though I know it will never see the light of day

6) Stealth GBP armor

7) More custom schemes of the YF-19

8) Max and Milia colors of the YF-21 once its released

Edited by Golden Arms

I second Lord of Tetris' suggestion. :)

Thank you. I guess I should clarify something, too.

When I mentioned that Yamato staff actually plays with their PRODUCTION model (I cannot stress this enough...PRODUCTION PRODUCTION PRODUCTION) for a month and fixing up their toys accordingly, I only briefly mentioned that this toy's final job would be to be dropped off a table. American toys must pass something called a "drop test," which is to see if a toy survives being dropped at a height of (I think) 3 or 4 feet. It is the final step a toy company has to take before releasing the toy.

The reason is that Yamato should at least be aware of what's most prone to breakage. Do the arms always fall off? Do the fins snap off consistently? While I'm sure none of us enjoys chucking our Valkyries against a wall, let's face it, accidents do happen. I'm not suggesting making the toys out of pure titanium, but if you drop 3 production models off a desk and all 3 have their right arms break off, well, they have a problem.

Doing this with prototypes and resin kits just doesn't suffice. I'm sure every prototype and resin kit is made with utmost exacting detail and love. With all due respect, this is NOT the case for their production models, which those of us with faulty products can attest to. Playing with their prototype for a month and saying, "Nothing broke!" is the same as not doing it at all. Ditto with running some kind of computer scan and checking weak points.

Yamato's quality control is just **** poor at the moment, and I really think my suggestion would help matters.

Edited by Lord of Tetris

We seem to have stopped asking questions, and are now just making demands.

I've got a question... how do we make our demands clear?

Seriously though, just get as much out of those guys as possible... make sure the news is confirmed and you're allowed to talk about it (at least with the mods) :lol:

how about reissues of 1/60's vf-1 with pilots max vf-1s with pilot or maybe more cm´s figures i still want my max (chase) or something new they have something to do with cm´s figures right ?

:blink: Read the title of the thread, noobie! GRAHAM's meeting with folks from YAMATO, not CM's!

Edited by connor99