Meeting Yamato on October 21

Graham

I'm also gonna guess that one of the "surprises" is going to be an improved 1/60 VF1 line. If the 1/48 line is a dead scale according to Graham, then this new line pretty much needs to be made to go with Yamato's focus on making all these other 1/60 scale toys. Which if that's the case, then I may only get a couple other 1/48's to go with my Hikaru VF1-J.

-Kyp

Apparently not the enitre run of Shin VF-0As had the new shoulders but the new VF-0S ghost combo will all have them.

My thanks kanedaestes. I hope this works out with the new VF-0S Ghost release. I REALLY want a VF-0, especially a blue Shin VF-0D variant.

where did you get this information from?

Graham let this drop in one of the 0S threads.

So when's Graham gonna git back with us to let us know how the meeting went with Yamatizzy?

He says everything was covered by an NDA so there is no real report other than we ought to be saving our pennies.

Hey Graham, i appreciate the non-diclosure deal.. i have one written into my contract at work too. Although... would i be correct in saying that you can now give us the definitve "NOT GOING TO HAPPEN" list as that would not be covered in a non disclosure?

I know a lot of requests/questions have been about items that were previously 'not going to happen', but after you recent meeting you could maybe update us on this.

You're right, Graham wouldn't be in violation of his NDA if he were to say X, Y and Z are not going to be released. But Yamato isn't legally obliged to correspond with Graham either, if Graham does go ahead and say that Z, Y and Z aren't going to be released then Yamato can simply choose never to meet up with him again. I remember a couple of years ago one of our members posted a fake picture of a 1/72 YF-19 "prototype" and Yamato got severely pissed at Graham even though he had 0 involvement, it would seem that Yamato can be very testy and it's best that Graham not push that envelope.

Agreed, TheLoneWolf.

Even though we have next to no new info at all, we still get a small bit that we would not have gotten from the magazines. 2008 and 2009 are going to be full of surprises and expensive years. That in itself is already very valuable information, because now we know we better start saving up! :lol: Besides, just because Graham can't tell us anything yet, doesn't mean he won't be able to tell us anything until the magazine scans come out. And, he has been able to give us little tidbits here and there, like letting us know the YF-21 is sleek and beautiful... :D

You're right, Graham wouldn't be in violation of his NDA if he were to say X, Y and Z are not going to be released. But Yamato isn't legally obliged to correspond with Graham either, if Graham does go ahead and say that Z, Y and Z aren't going to be released then Yamato can simply choose never to meet up with him again. I remember a couple of years ago one of our members posted a fake picture of a 1/72 YF-19 "prototype" and Yamato got severely pissed at Graham even though he had 0 involvement, it would seem that Yamato can be very testy and it's best that Graham not push that envelope.

Agreed, TheLoneWolf.

Even though we have next to no new info at all, we still get a small bit that we would not have gotten from the magazines. 2008 and 2009 are going to be full of surprises and expensive years. That in itself is already very valuable information, because now we know we better start saving up! :lol: Besides, just because Graham can't tell us anything yet, doesn't mean he won't be able to tell us anything until the magazine scans come out. And, he has been able to give us little tidbits here and there, like letting us know the YF-21 is sleek and beautiful... :D

point taken guys. shame they get so testy over this.... its not like they have competition in this field so 'leaked' news would not affect the marketing of other companies etc. if anything i thought the odd leak might increase sales as we would know how many body parts we need to sell for upcoming releases. ho-hum.. sigh. i gues its back to beiong drip fed like a bunch of heroin junkies waiting for our next fix. (joke)

although i am surprised that G cannot show prototype pics of the '21 yet as its been firmly established that its on the way, and relatively soon. I'd would still like some more definative answers on the QC issues tho.

edit - actually, what would be nice to know is (without naming any items) how Yamato responded to our questions and demands... i mean did they go "hmmm *scratches head* i dont know about that" or did they just smile and laugh or what... do they know how serious some take this? a statement from Yamato like 'thanx for the interest and support' maybe - okay, now i'm rambling and going too far.. sorrreee everyone

Edited by vermillion01

edit - actually, what would be nice to know is (without naming any items) how Yamato responded to our questions and demands... i mean did they go "hmmm *scratches head* i dont know about that" or did they just smile and laugh or what... do they know how serious some take this? a statement from Yamato like 'thanx for the interest and support' maybe

lol! Actually that is a good question! They're probably said "We hate our Western customers, they always complain about their toys not being bulletproof. Why can't they just be happy with endless Minmay figures like our native customers!" :lol:

hopefully a 1/48 1S strike is one of the surprises. Wether it be Roy's, Hikaru's or Max's...i want a 1/48 1s strike giftbox. They have several super 1j's...why not a 1s.

Because the TV-scheme 1J's have color-coordinated FAST-packs (blue for Max, red for Milia, etc.) and it makes sense to sell them bundled with the valks.

The DYRL FAST-packs are all the same color from valk to valk. You can just buy a Hikaru or Roy 1S, outfit with a Super/Strike upgrade kit, and voila there's your Strike. :)

Edited by emerson

Well away from news on what's coming, I'm hoping Yamato will give Graham the okay to let us see the rejected YF-19 prototype toys, to see what the previous designs looked like before they settled with the one we have now. :) I'm really curious to see what the problems were that caused them to reject those previous designs.

Graham (dont know if you will actually read this but, hey.. gotta try). Outside of all the stuff you cant discuss and as you know whats coming up... you know what has been asked for from fans etc...

i'm just curious... Were YOU surprised by any of the news? as you would clearly know more than us so one would assmue you kinda knew about everything already, but was there anything discussed at the meeting that really surprised YOU!?

heheh i'm almost embarrassed to say but after (finally) watching all of M7, i'd like a sound force collection with sound boosters... i know they have nothing on 'real' valks but i grew to like them all the same. just a shame about the silly faces.

but yes.. I'd like to know if there was anyting brought up that took Graham by surprise... now that would be interesting!