ThreeZero ROBOTECH (Macross) Toys

kyekye

30 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

From SDCC 2023....

SDCC-23-ThreeZero-Day-1-Display-005.jpg

SDCC-23-ThreeZero-Day-1-Display-006.jpg

How does this compare with Bandai's DX 1J...lets see..

10551440b2.jpg.85514c5a1a8ca3ea2f419e230357a69a.jpg

I see...fuselage, nose proportions on the DX are sleeker...neater(?)/detailed tampo's on the DX(?), Legs more proportional to body on the DX(?)

Three-zero has the 1J panel lined of course..

Edited by seti88

56 minutes ago, seti88 said:

I see...fuselage, nose proportions on the DX are sleeker...neater(?)/detailed tampo's on the DX(?), Legs more proportional to body on the DX(?)

Bandai's -1J head is actuallly faceted like it is supposed to be instead of round.

It's going to be $149.99 and go on sale in 2-6 weeks. 

Everything about it, with the exception of the leg panel that allows a bit more foot movement, looks like a mini DX toy.  Maybe this will convince KC to stick to the $99 price point going forward.

The KC perfect transformation hands look terrible so maybe that's why they just went with good looking fists instead.

Depending on where that measurement goes to, that's about 1/60 scale, less than a cm shorter than the Yamato V2 (21 cm) and .6 cm taller than the KC. 

2 hours ago, MKT said:

Nice.. And they also copied Bandai's boring black stand design lol. Official pic gallery:

ROBO-DOU-VF-1J-Veritech-Rick-Hunter_withlogo_01-scaled.jpg.ce4138a256f402a668d75ec5b261ca94.jpg

ROBO-DOU-VF-1J-Veritech-Rick-Hunter_withlogo_15-scaled.jpg.f1f3e4af3670772b7d823afa14997791.jpg

The head still looks utterly derpy.

And the oversized popeye-arms are bulging out in fighter-mode that it looks like already sagging. 

Wonder how much ground-clearance will it have when parked with the attached gunpod and the landing-gears deployed.

Also, no articulated hands, it seems.  Don't the KC have articulated hands?

Edited by treatment

14 minutes ago, treatment said:

The head still looks utterly derpy.

And the oversized popeye-arms are bulging out in fighter-mode that it looks like already sagging. 

Wonder how much ground-cleararnce will it have when parked with the attached gunpod.and the landing-gears deployed.

Yeah, those arms are drooping hard, and you can the gun has a tilt to it like the HMRs do.

Funny they did Bandai one worse with the landing gear.. forget metal, they just made them black. :rolleyes:  (Probably a dark metal if they expect to have any stability at that scale, but still.)

Edited by Chronocidal

Ah so the arms hangs down a bit low in Fighter, like the old Yammie 1/48s. That's a bit of shame.

The intakes in Fighter looks to be on the larger side, although not as much as current KC's VF-1. But still looks acceptable at moment from the angles shown.

Rear horizontal stabilizers apear to be fixed pieces, and at first I was wondering if they will interfere with any eventual Armored leg pieces? But then the HMR VF-1 with its fixed stabilizers wear the Armor pretty fine, as opposed to Yammie & Chogokin's folding pieces. 

In Threezero's link, there an estimated packaged weight of ~ 1.2kg. That's smack into Chogokin packaged weight territory, with around the same number of accessories including the stand. It hints that this VF-1 is gonna be pretty heavy for its size..

I would be surprised if some kind of hands that can be stowed away during fighter mode are not included...otherwise it's technically not perfect transformation....

I like how it looks...looking forward to having it on-hand....never bought anything from Three-Zero before so not sure what to expect

I imagine it's just because the math doesn't support 1/72... But it doesn't for KC either. 

Three zero used to be known for beautiful paint on fragile toys but I hear they've come a long way.

Edited by jenius

Something about this  has me digging it. It does look kinda "derpy" or imperfect but so did the toon most of time, and actually a lot of the models.  I own the DX and I feel like this isn't trying to be that, and I'm okay with that. Count me in. 

On 7/25/2023 at 1:39 PM, jenius said:

It's going to be $149.99 and go on sale in 2-6 weeks. 

This sounds to be a good price point. Basically a 1/72 or potentially larger scale for price of an 1/100 HMR VF-0.

Plus the whole “internal metal frame that ThreeZero is known for” bit has me intrigued.  If it is a good design, with good durability, I don’t really care if it is branded Macross or Robotech, as long as it is a good toy. I know that a good toy, with the potential of being available to any and all that want it is nothing more than a win-win for fans. If the price is only $149.99 plus tax & shipping, then this is about the same as a hi Metal r VF-1 on various e-tailers. I’m optimistic for this along with the new Alpha/Legioss and Mospeada from Pose+/Toynami.

Twich

A HMR at MSRP is about $60 before shipping at the current exchange rate and shipping will be less. After market prices are higher, and armor adds to them of course. A much closer comparison are the KC toys.

Edited by jenius

11 minutes ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

Dumb question time...

Why the gimmick with the nose cone?    Did I miss something,,  I know that some vendors you could remove the nosecone and have a radar thingy (tech term).

This one just points down cause dragons?

ROBO-DOU-VF-1J-Veritech-Rick-Hunter_withlogo_16-scaled.jpg.2b6a87b20230c760e428f0e2387018b3.jpg.d5bd1ac82b34cd0fca2646d43de35e85.jpg

Don't have access to the lineart at the moment....but based on this screen grab....should open to the left?

image.png.d29994b69d0a3a679eefe2b60ef0202f.png

For me, as long as they work, the more gimmicks the better...perhaps this was the only way Three-Zero could make a nose cone work without becoming a floppy mess?...still, by adding a good magnet I am sure they could have gotten it to open and stay closed in the proper direction....perhaps on version 1.x!

Edited by jvmacross

12 minutes ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

Dumb question time...

Why the gimmick with the nose cone?    Did I miss something,,  I know that some vendors you could remove the nosecone and have a radar thingy (tech term).

This one just points down cause dragons?

ROBO-DOU-VF-1J-Veritech-Rick-Hunter_withlogo_16-scaled.jpg.2b6a87b20230c760e428f0e2387018b3.jpg.d5bd1ac82b34cd0fca2646d43de35e85.jpg

The tip of the nosecone opens downward so it can fit the GBP Crotch Armor. The armor will sit too low if they removed it. They probably did in case they will make the GBP down the line, if not, then atleast there's some details inside. ;)