Bigwest will do a global release of the MACROSS series... Games and Toys too!

Bub

19 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

All Macross series are now officially available on Macross' Youtube channel

Only Flashback 2012 is on there available in the west right now. You might be looking at a bootleg channel with the name "Macross" that's been circulating lately. It's all fansubs (and not always good ones even) on there. So not official.

1 hour ago, Master Dex said:

Only Flashback 2012 is on there available in the west right now. You might be looking at a bootleg channel with the name "Macross" that's been circulating lately. It's all fansubs (and not always good ones even) on there. So not official.

Oh, yes. You're right. It's not the official channel. The fansubs weren't making sense at all.

Sorry!

1 hour ago, Scyla said:

I wonder if the English release of Macross 7 will come with Fire Bomber American music. ^_^

That would be..interesting. I kinda doubt it though. Most anime retains the original music, even when dubbed.

All this news is absolutely blowing my mind right now. It still hasn't sunk in that Macross will soon be *LEGITIMATELY* available in the west. Simply bonkers.

I know a lot of you are waiting for things like the toys, art books and stuff like that, but I personally hope....and I mean really really REALLY hope they release all the  Macross live concert performances that's taken place over the years, particularly the 25th Anniversary concert that took place back in like what....1998? I've been wanting to see that concert like...BADLY, complete with English subs. Then there's the other concert that took place a few years later that *I believe* celebrated either the 30th anniversary or the 35th anniversary I can't remember. I know it was somewhere around the 2004 or perhaps 2008 time frame. I would pay an absurdly high price for an official bluray of these concerts! Do you guys think Big West will eventually release them?

12 minutes ago, isamu said:

All this news is absolutely blowing my mind right now. It still hasn't sunk in that Macross will soon be *LEGITIMATELY* available in the west. Simply bonkers.

I know a lot of you are waiting for things like the toys, art books and stuff like that, but I personally hope....and I mean really really REALLY hope they release all the  Macross live concert performances that's taken place over the years, particularly the 25th Anniversary concert that took place back in like what....1998? I've been wanting to see that concert like...BADLY, complete with English subs. Then there's the other concert that took place a few years later that *I believe* celebrated either the 30th anniversary or the 35th anniversary I can't remember. I know it was somewhere around the 2004 or perhaps 2008 time frame. I would pay an absurdly high price for an official bluray of these concerts! Do you guys think Big West will eventually release them?

Was that '98 show actually recorded?  I mean, I personally don't care, but for your sake I hope you get it.

34 minutes ago, isamu said:

That would have to be an arrangement with Flying Dog , I believe..

3 hours ago, isamu said:

Yes...I was surprised that of all the recent concerts, the Healthy Wings Orchestra concert never received a BD release...instabuy!

large.20171118_084557.jpg.901dd24c2a04c4

8 hours ago, Scyla said:

I wonder if the English release of Macross 7 will come with Fire Bomber American music. ^_^

There should put an option: Japanese audio, Japanese audio w/ Subtitles, English Dub w/ Japanese Songs, English Dub w/ English Songs...

6 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Yes...I was surprised that of all the recent concerts, the Healthy Wings Orchestra concert never received a BD release...instabuy!

large.20171118_084557.jpg.901dd24c2a04c4

Make that insta-buy for both of these in Blu-ray:

473B85B0-0413-4D5A-B7B4-FE8EDF5665A0.thumb.jpeg.bd47abf285625748b41e118084f0116f.jpeg

43 minutes ago, Bub said:

Make that insta-buy for both of these in Blu-ray:

473B85B0-0413-4D5A-B7B4-FE8EDF5665A0.thumb.jpeg.bd47abf285625748b41e118084f0116f.jpeg

Ah yes...the elusive Macross the Musicalture......you just can't find a single piece of video from that show...at least the last time I did a deep dive into the web for it...lol

gallery_12176_640_745794.jpg

gallery_12176_640_785388.jpg

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/29133-macross-books/?do=findComment&comment=1257212

5 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

I’d be happy with some Blu-ray releases with subs. 

They did this with the Delta Bluray series.  And with the Macross Plus Bluray as well.  What they failed to do was put English subtitles to the SDFM Bluray set and the latest DYRL Bluray.  I’m gonna say this again, H@rm0ny G0ld DOES NOT OWN the English language.

42 minutes ago, Bub said:

They did this with the Delta Bluray series.  And with the Macross Plus Bluray as well.  What they failed to do was put English subtitles to the SDFM Bluray set and the latest DYRL Bluray.  I’m gonna say this again, H@rm0ny G0ld DOES NOT OWN the English language.

I was talking official releases for 7 and frontier. I don’t think they had them.  I wasn’t aware of delta having them. But I only watched about 6 episodes. So meh.  

Can anyone clarify what does this agreement mean regarding the 1982 TV series and DYRL? From what I see, Big West announcement concerns only post-1987 works. Does this mean the parties will stick to Robotech version of the original in the West? Which probably means no Japanese VF-1 toys. Or at least, no DYRL ones, though I can't imagine DX Bandai VF-1 with Rick Hunter marking below the cockpit... ugh.

26 minutes ago, uzernaem said:

Can anyone clarify what does this agreement mean regarding the 1982 TV series and DYRL? From what I see, Big West announcement concerns only post-1987 works. Does this mean the parties will stick to Robotech version of the original in the West? Which probably means no Japanese VF-1 toys. Or at least, no DYRL ones, though I can't imagine DX Bandai VF-1 with Rick Hunter marking below the cockpit... ugh.

It's unclear. The only reason we currently don't get SDF Macross merch repackaged as Robotech (or still as Macross but licensed by HG) is because BigWest doesn't allow its licensees to make any payment to HG. If things are status quo for 1987 and prior, BW may still stop its licensees from teaming up with HG. 

4 hours ago, uzernaem said:

Whatever is on here you will, at some point, be able to get directly from some US distributor working directly with a BW licensee from Japan....

1500x500

Whatever show's logos you do not see.....you will be stuck with the same sitution from the last almost 45 years regarding those shows (hint: SDFM and DYRL).....the hope is that licensees actually will have the "blessing" from BW to start doing business with HG to be able to sell their SDFM and DYRL products (portraying the 41 characters and vehicles that HG still has exclusive merchandising rights to worldwide) in the US (and the world outside of Japan) with a HG license....

In short.....hold the position until told not to.....

EDtA1zdXoAEQREj.jpg

Edited by jvmacross

On 5/4/2021 at 7:48 AM, Sgt Nate V said:

Here's to hoping this coincides with a possible 1/55 reissue next year for the 40th so I can get a 1/55 for less than $100

Yes. The 1/55 VF-1S Hikaru Strike, please!

EC3831F1-3B4A-49A1-B444-529D3865CCD8.thumb.jpeg.c80c33eb9d9b16566c8601d6a15b437f.jpeg

On 4/30/2021 at 4:36 AM, jenius said:

It's unclear. The only reason we currently don't get SDF Macross merch repackaged as Robotech (or still as Macross but licensed by HG) is because BigWest doesn't allow its licensees to make any payment to HG. If things are status quo for 1987 and prior, BW may still stop its licensees from teaming up with HG. 

Mmm... after reading your post, for me, this is what might happen in the future: Big West will just allow HG’s live action movie to be shown in Japan and get it over with while they release all Macross products (videos, movies, music, toys and games) post 1987 to the whole world.

Big West DOES NOT have to release Macross TV and Macross Movie DYRL? to the world via HG licensing if they don’t want to.  I mean, they still get all the profit out of all their SDFM and DYRL? products anyway because of proxies and such.

Meanwhile, Plus, 7, Zero, Frontier and Delta will act like advertisements promoting the Real SDFM and DYRL? making the rest of the world thirsty for the real deal. Raising demand for Macross TV and Macross Movie products should prompt Bandai, Arcadia etc. to pump up their production.

I can see it now. Super Dimension Fortress Macross TV series bluray 40th anniversary release with English Subtitles “for Japanese people who want to learn the english language” and Macross Movie “Do You Remember Love?” 40th anniversary release with English Subtitles “for Japanese people who want to learn the english language”.

4 hours ago, Bub said:

I can see it now. Super Dimension Fortress Macross TV series bluray 40th anniversary release with English Subtitles “for Japanese people who want to learn the english language” and Macross Movie “Do You Remember Love?” 40th anniversary release with English Subtitles “for Japanese people who want to learn the english language”.

And I for one, would welcome that announcement with open arms. Bring that crap on Big West!!!!