MacrossWorld's PO Thread - NEXT PO of 2024 will be APRIL 5TH at 4PM JST...HI-METAL R VF-19 Kai Fire Valkyrie...a WWM Release...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

16 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

No. In case you didn’t know, they’re the voice actors from Macross Delta. Freyja, Reina, and Bouge.

Freyja and Reina’s VA are singers and part of the actual Walküre singing group.

And they exercise prior of their shows, hence the track suits. ;) 

Appreciate the info.  I know nothing about the animation except that it wasn’t for me.  I noped after 20 minutes.  Love the valks, however.

the colors of the track suits match the colors each character is associated with on the show (though less sure about Bouge). They also have matching colors even in concerts, which led to some very poor outfit design choices in the beginning that has improved over the years, but never all that great.

Less than a year ago, it used to be a normal thing for me to lose track of all the preorders I had and stuff would show up at my door almost daily. I’ve been cutting back heavily and keeping much better track so it came to me as a big surprise when I saw a payment come through on my credit card statement for a mystery “Macross” item. 

Couldn’t figure out what it was but I did buy a fancy cake earlier and it wasn’t until I noticed what the name of the cake shop was that the mystery was solved!

IMG_5291.jpeg.a489a3cf731acbfe6f22d94d9fe7c8b4.jpeg

😆

4 hours ago, Dirtyboy said:

Has anyone ever used these guys?

https://moehime-japantoys.com/shop/plastic-model/chogokin-series/dx-chogokin-vt-1-super-ostrich/

Apologies if someone has already posted about them but I cant find them. 

Many times and it has been always OK 

A couple of weeks ago I put an order for one figure (Saint Seiya), they told me it was already sold out so I got my money back with no issues. 

Anyone know for sure if you need to pay up front for pre-orders at Yoyakunow? I've read their FAQ and Terms of Service and it's still not clear to me. I assume yes, but just checking. And I'm assuming that they don't tell you what the shipping cost will be until the item is in stock? Makes it really hard to comparison shop when they don't tell you the full cost with shipping up front. I have a YF-21 pre-ordered at Amazon.com but the price is high so I'm still looking for one in Japan. But this quarter is brutal with way too many releases so I need to pay later when the item is shipped. 

Some things to note:

For any Canadians out there, Amazon.ca only recently listed the DX YF-19 reissue on their site. I had assumed it was sold out and gone but apparently not. So Amazon.ca may have a pre-order for the YF-21 in a few months. Not sure why Amazon Canada lists so much later than Amazon USA. They also listed the VF-117 reissue recently as well.

Luna Park seems to have an option to pay $50 up front and the rest when they get the item in stock, which would be great for me right now, but you need to email them to do it. I did that, they said they would send me a bill for $50 to secure the preorder and then nothing happened so I gave up. You also need to be an existing customer that already bought something. Which I am. Not sure what's going on there, but I thought I would let people know. That info is a bit buried on their site and not obvious.

6 hours ago, Paco Grande said:

Anyone know for sure if you need to pay up front for pre-orders at Yoyakunow? I've read their FAQ and Terms of Service and it's still not clear to me. I assume yes, but just checking. And I'm assuming that they don't tell you what the shipping cost will be until the item is in stock? Makes it really hard to comparison shop when they don't tell you the full cost with shipping up front. I have a YF-21 pre-ordered at Amazon.com but the price is high so I'm still looking for one in Japan. But this quarter is brutal with way too many releases so I need to pay later when the item is shipped. 

Some things to note:

For any Canadians out there, Amazon.ca only recently listed the DX YF-19 reissue on their site. I had assumed it was sold out and gone but apparently not. So Amazon.ca may have a pre-order for the YF-21 in a few months. Not sure why Amazon Canada lists so much later than Amazon USA. They also listed the VF-117 reissue recently as well.

Luna Park seems to have an option to pay $50 up front and the rest when they get the item in stock, which would be great for me right now, but you need to email them to do it. I did that, they said they would send me a bill for $50 to secure the preorder and then nothing happened so I gave up. You also need to be an existing customer that already bought something. Which I am. Not sure what's going on there, but I thought I would let people know. That info is a bit buried on their site and not obvious.

YYK payment is upfront. They usually give you shipping estimates at the time of checkout or the option to select shipping later or combine shipping later. ATM the USD to JPY is favorable, so it might be worthwhile to secure payment now rather than later if the reverse happens.

15 hours ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

YYK payment is upfront. They usually give you shipping estimates at the time of checkout or the option to select shipping later or combine shipping later. ATM the USD to JPY is favorable, so it might be worthwhile to secure payment now rather than later if the reverse happens.

Thank you for the confirmation! I’m in Canada so the Yen is not nearly as good for me. I’ll be paying over $500 CAD for this thing which is about the same as I paid for the VF-1J with armour. I’m still trying to justify this purchase at all. It’s pretty high. 

You know that us Canuckle Heads always gets screwed up in the arse @Paco Grande regardless of what we purchase or use (Lego, TFs, 1:12 or 1:6, etc). 

I’m not totally going to stop buying Macross related items, or anything else in regards to my other hobbies, but being very selective in what I get. I’ve got too much stuff in storage right now and I’m going to thin out when I get a chance to. 

7 hours ago, borgified said:

You know that us Canuckle Heads always gets screwed up in the arse @Paco Grande regardless of what we purchase or use (Lego, TFs, 1:12 or 1:6, etc). 

I’m not totally going to stop buying Macross related items, or anything else in regards to my other hobbies, but being very selective in what I get. I’ve got too much stuff in storage right now and I’m going to thin out when I get a chance to. 

4 hours ago, Angesdad said:

And when you do, be sure to give me a shout eh.😛

Same here!  [I say that knowing full well that I've got some thinning of my own to do.]

Hmmm., I’m not familiar with that P-Bandai limited one but yokakuNow shows 5 unit left so I bought them all. Gotta take advantage of that favorable USD vs YEN rate now than later.

If it’s 6 per case then I hope they’d just pack the 5 with that case 🥹

Edited by Agent-GHQ

3 hours ago, Agent-GHQ said:

Hmmm., I’m not familiar with that P-Bandai limited one but yokakuNow shows 5 unit left so I bought them all. Gotta take advantage of that favorable USD vs YEN rate now than later.

ElK5.gif.b90409b6be51e2539495985dfe749648.gif

7 hours ago, Agent-GHQ said:

IMG_2949.jpeg

whoa! went to go pick up another, as they were hanging around a bit!  guess not now! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • jvmacross changed the title to MacrossWorld's PO Thread - NEXT PO of 2024 will be APRIL 5TH at 4PM JST...HI-METAL R VF-19 Kai Fire Valkyrie...a WWM Release...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE
1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

So, the normal pre-orders will be this Friday JST, or Thursday night for those of us in the US then?

Examples of typical Bandai preorder time:

Japan: 12pm (Apr 5 Fri)
US: 8pm PDT /  9pm MDT / 10pm CDT / 11pm EDT (Apr 4 Thurs)

Japan 4pm (Apr 5 Fri)
US: 12mn PDT / 1am MDT / 2am CDT / 3am EDT (Apr 5 Fri)