MacrossWorld's PO Thread - NEXT PO of 2024 will be APRIL 5TH at 4PM JST...HI-METAL R VF-19 Kai Fire Valkyrie...a WWM Release...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

Just now, orbitalharvest said:

yes, both tokyo utaku and kappa are usa domestic shops. kappa is right here in the bay area.  decent price, and hella cheap shipping (even free!).  not bad not bad...

again, if ya willing to wait a month or 2 after jpn release, and since most if not all the jpn shops are sold out...  beggers and choosers...

4 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

oh thanks! do they have a local store front in the bay area? 

i only dug into the 'about us' section of their site.  i noticed daly city.  i'm familiar with the area, but i've never seen a storefront.  google mapped the name and it turns up (per usual daly city / south sf) as a warehouse looking space, with probably a reception lobby.  and no phone number.  i surmise it's just a distribution/biz center for the online shop.  

13 minutes ago, orbitalharvest said:

i only dug into the 'about us' section of their site.  i noticed daly city.  i'm familiar with the area, but i've never seen a storefront.  google mapped the name and it turns up (per usual daly city / south sf) as a warehouse looking space, with probably a reception lobby.  and no phone number.  i surmise it's just a distribution/biz center for the online shop.  

thx for the info:good:

5 hours ago, jvmacross said:

I've ordered WWM items on 2 occasions from Kappa...they are legit in my book...

Like I said, other than SDFM/DYRL items....I think I am done with PO madness/Japanese retailers...at least when I am looking to acquire multiples of any given WWM type item...

:good: yeah it seems better than JP shops which limit purchases, if you can avoid looking at the price, which isnt that far off. 

Though i wonder if they can really handle the load, do kappa usually have a cut-off as well if orders come in heavy?

Edited by seti88

2 hours ago, seti88 said:

:good: yeah it seems better than JP shops which limit purchases, if you can avoid looking at the price, which isnt that far off. 

Though i wonder if they can really handle the load, do kappa usually have a cut-off as well if orders come in heavy?

yep, something to def consider.  i like to think they have the best intentions, and nice to support local business, but ultimately they may getting their allocations at a limit.  i had preordered some hot toys clone troopers from a texas shop.  thinking the 'opportunity' to get the figures was secured.  but because hot toys is asia/hk based, the texas shop never got them and my order was cancelled.  no money was taken, but also didn't get the figs either.  and yes, price isn't far off.

1 hour ago, orbitalharvest said:

yep, something to def consider.  i like to think they have the best intentions, and nice to support local business, but ultimately they may getting their allocations at a limit.  i had preordered some hot toys clone troopers from a texas shop.  thinking the 'opportunity' to get the figures was secured.  but because hot toys is asia/hk based, the texas shop never got them and my order was cancelled.  no money was taken, but also didn't get the figs either.  and yes, price isn't far off.

i suppose WWM stores would be good as a backup buy. Of course the more expensive ones can act as a main buy, since less risk of not fulfilling orders due to higher prices...

Am thinking if i shld go for a third with kappa...as usual my wallet says no, and planning to wait for a vf-22 DX instead..

~$300 seems like a decent price from what I’ve seen over the last few days. If I’m around for the next PO I think I’ll feel more comfortable not securing copies at the initial offering. 

Tempted to pickup one of these domestic offerings. 

17 hours ago, orbitalharvest said:

does anyone have purchasing experience with kappa or tokyo otaku mode shop?

I've bought a few PO items from Kappa, the have so far always delivered.

On 1/12/2024 at 1:06 AM, Anasazi37 said:

I honestly don't know. I've only ever seen a price go decrease by a little bit. I found Amazon Japan's description of what's covered, which should help you:

The Pre-order Price Guarantee - Amazon Customer Service

Thank you! It is a bit confusing but my understanding is that it should  work like amazon.it or uk or com, from which i usually order and from time to time i got an email saying that i was able to save few bucks from the pre-order price. And even if i won't be able to get a lower price once the item it's in stock, it doesn't matter i still think i got a good deal.

Edited by Robin-11

15 hours ago, seti88 said:

i suppose WWM stores would be good as a backup buy. Of course the more expensive ones can act as a main buy, since less risk of not fulfilling orders due to higher prices...

Am thinking if i shld go for a third with kappa...as usual my wallet says no, and planning to wait for a vf-22 DX instead..

same...  mulling it over until stock is gone and then it was destined...  

That pricing in Beaver Dollars for the DX 21 @UNSpacy is across Canada. 

I know of that store as it’s located in the Kits area of Vancouver, and there are two more stores with one located in Burnaby/ New West/Coquitlam area and the other is in the Renfrew/Collingwood area (if they will both carry it). 

There’s two in Toronto (Markham and Pape-Coxwell/Danforth) but the latter store that is listed will most likely charge you up the *** if they get some units in. 

19 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

The Crunchyroll listing is up for the YF-21... and as usual, slightly cheaper than BBTS.  Also, free US shipping.

https://store.crunchyroll.com/products/macross-plus-yf-21-dx-chogokin-figure-guld-goa-bowman-use-ver-4573102655165.html

You also get 10% or 15% off if you happen to be subbed at the premium tiers on the anime site. My price is $306 while the ultimate fans would get charged only $289

fan.png.a90131d84c33ed95167271081e7870b6.png

Edited by Duymon

28 minutes ago, IIymij said:

What are the chances that places like AmiAmi, Genki Hobby, HLJ, and others would re-open their orders at the same price?

Rare, Very rare, though I have seen it happen before.  I think usually it is due to someone cancelling their pre-order, thus re-opening a spot.

The only reason I can see someone cancelling an already placed pre-order is because they manage to find a better price elsewhere. For example, when someone places an Amazon Japan pre-order (sold and shipped by Amazon JP) after already pre-ordering from AmiAmi/HLJ/etc since Amazon JP tends to open pre-orders like 20-40 minutes after the official pre-order time begins.

I imagine people who still have their pre-orders open at AmiAmi/HLJ/etc probably won't be cancelling them at this point in time, unless when the YF-21 finally gets listed at Amazon US, the price is unexpectedly good. Though given the current state of the Japanese yen vs. the US dollar, I doubt that will happen.

Sometimes they reopen closer to release date for w/e reason. Including the hobbysearch lottery. I just nabbed myself a 171EX that reopened on amiami sometime around 21's PO madness, and it think it's still open. Also got in on the 19's lottery recently, and mirage's AX lottery before that for the same reason, but failed those. And then there's camping mandarake after release. That's how I finally got to throw money at someone for a 19.

Don't think I can justify grabbing a 21 any time soon, now that I have that burning hole the size of two valks and some other accompanying toys in my savings 😭

I think the reception around the 171EX is pretty tepid by usual DX Macross standards, many adopt a wait & see on what quality improvements Bandai makes for this release and we should have some early reports by next week.

The YF-21 PO event was really like back to the PO madness of the old, pre-WWM times lol. Kinda missed the whole adrenalin rush of it haha, but one only can say that if they are successful in securing a unit or two. :p I think this is the first PO in a long time that even Amiami didn't have additional PO slots open up every few minutes or so - I only saw it opening once at the allotted time and that was it. That said, its great many who missed out initially could eventually secure one almost immediately after as and when the POs go live outside JP.

That said, I just have a feeling that more PO's will be available from here on till release at the Jap webstores due to WWM factors. Just keep a closer eye on CDJ, HLJ and Amiami.. 

If i remember correctly even the original 171EX had PO slots here and there you could order for a while...the re-issue reflects that somewhat...

The 171 which i would want is a re-issued 171 CF in matt, minus any issues in triangles...😉 
The one thing bandai could and should have re-issued and fix, they didnt...:unknw: 

or..never say never...😉

Edited by seti88

3 minutes ago, MikeRoz said:

15% off at USAGS today with code MLK-15. That works out to $51 on their price of $339.99.
https://www.usagundamstore.com/collections/new/products/macross-plus-dx-chogokin-yf-21-guld-goa-bowman-machine

image.png.370817f61e86df47910d7d785e08dda6.png

I will not add a PG Perfect Strike pre-order, I will not add a PG Perfect Strike pre-order, I will not add a PG Perfect Strike pre-order...

Hahaha!  YES, you will!  Dooo eeeeeet!

1 hour ago, MikeRoz said:

15% off at USAGS today with code MLK-15. That works out to $51 on their price of $339.99.
https://www.usagundamstore.com/collections/new/products/macross-plus-dx-chogokin-yf-21-guld-goa-bowman-machine

image.png.370817f61e86df47910d7d785e08dda6.png

I will not add a PG Perfect Strike pre-order, I will not add a PG Perfect Strike pre-order, I will not add a PG Perfect Strike pre-order...

I had a feeling that there would be some sales for the holiday. If you’re planning on getting the pg kit at some point, you may as well do it now. 

On 1/12/2024 at 8:31 AM, kajnrig said:

Looks like we are now into the 2nd week of non-Japanese PO's and this is still the best deal without any fiery hoops to jump through...memberships to buy into, previous purchases to have made or any other nonsense.....

I don't think I will triple dip on this release, but I don't think I'll be buying anymore WWM from Japan...

Wish I could say the same for SDFM/DYRL POs....

7 hours ago, betocc said:

I wanted to but I just learned that with my turning 50 in a couple days, the gov’t is allowing me to play catch up on my Roth IRA by authorizing an additional $7,500 in contributions over the typical annual cap.  I gotta max out to make up for the decades of neglect.

Edited by 26662
Clarity

On 1/11/2024 at 10:14 PM, tekering said:

I've tried telephone enquiries before, to no avail.  Online preorders are the only option I'm aware of. 

In fact, I remember seeing a sign at the customer service desk at BEST Denki turning away any customers trying to order a Metal Structure Sazabi. :unknw:

Appreciate the info!

We found out the hard way that none of the shops were doing in person pre-orders... got turned away or told to try the site (which were already sold out). Unsure if any of the stores will have NIB stock on-hand on release date. :(