MacrossWorld's PO Thread - NEXT PO of 2024 will be APRIL 5TH at 4PM JST...HI-METAL R VF-19 Kai Fire Valkyrie...a WWM Release...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

13 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Do you participate on these preorders online over there or wait on the release day and get it from the store directly?

Online pre-orders are your only chance to get DX Chogokins at retail prices.  They don't show up in Japanese stores.

Not, that is, until they hit the secondary market:

fromastore.jpg.885ec25b1b07615f354ee7f7be74aded.jpg

So yes, I have to face the preorder madness along with the rest of you... although it's a different kind of crap show for Japanese collectors.  Unlike HLJ, Anime Export, and the other specialty shops, most Japanese retailers could care less about collectors.  Bandai tells them they can't list a product until after 4pm on a certain date, so they list that product a half-hour later, an hour later, several hours later... and unlike AmiAmi or Nin-Nin, they don't provide any indication of when exactly the preorder will go up. 

Amazon.jp had their listing up at 4:06, but their stock was superseded by third-party sellers asking ¥12000 above retail (!), making it impossible to access Amazon's own listing in time; I got close, but was cartjacked before checkout.  Yodobashi Camera listed at 4:26, BIC Camera hadn't listed until after 5:00, JoshinWeb didn't up up their listing 'til nearly 6:00, and it looks like Edion didn't add the YF-21 to their site until sometime the following morning!  The only shops that respected the 4pm schedule were Akiba Sofmap and Bandai's own Tamashii store, and both of those only offer lottery sales, so... practically useless. 😒

3 hours ago, kazuo said:

I may have an opportunity to have someone preorder for me in person, but unsure if local shops in Tokyo/JP are still accepting preorders.

I've tried telephone enquiries before, to no avail.  Online preorders are the only option I'm aware of. 

In fact, I remember seeing a sign at the customer service desk at BEST Denki turning away any customers trying to order a Metal Structure Sazabi. :unknw:

19 minutes ago, weiser21 said:

eknightmedia has it for $302.60, free shipping and usually no tax for customers outside of CA. $35 on refundable deposit.

https://www.eknightmedia.com/macross-plus-yf-21-guld-goa-bowman-use-dx-chogokin-action-figure-by-bandai-tamashii-nations.html

I did say I'd support WWM at 300 or less shipped....but this is a great price...will see if anyone else can go lower

42 minutes ago, weiser21 said:

eknightmedia has it for $302.60, free shipping and usually no tax for customers outside of CA. $35 on refundable deposit.

https://www.eknightmedia.com/macross-plus-yf-21-guld-goa-bowman-use-dx-chogokin-action-figure-by-bandai-tamashii-nations.html

And of course I'm in California, and thats an extra $30 in tax.

53 minutes ago, Test_Pilot_2 said:

https://www.usagundamstore.com/products/macross-plus-dx-chogokin-yf-21-guld-goa-bowman-machine

Less expensive than BBTS?*

Note the snark here, shipping and whatnot is a factor.

If you're signed up for e-mails and wait a week or two, there will probably be a sale for 10-15% off that works on pre-orders in that time. They put the discount code in the e-mail. Once they even did a 20% off Macross deal that worked on pre-orders too.

USA gundamstore 

https://www.usagundamstore.com/products/macross-plus-dx-chogokin-yf-21-guld-goa-bowman-machine?variant=42693720932549

Use code: Mega10

For US-based customers depending on your taxes you can get it shipped for less than ~340

reeee.png.6e0cea7dda21fc7af571138245cf3ae0.png

I was weak and nabbed a 2nd YF-21 despite getting one cheaper direct from Amzn JP. The plus side is if Amzn JP cancels like it has done so in the past I'm safe with at least 1 I guess.. yeah *huffs copium*

In Theory you can sign up for the texts and HOPE they have a 20% off preorder deal like they did a month or so back, but the risk is you might not get one in time 

Edited by Duymon

1 hour ago, MikeRoz said:

If you're signed up for e-mails and wait a week or two, there will probably be a sale for 10-15% off that works on pre-orders in that time. They put the discount code in the e-mail. Once they even did a 20% off Macross deal that worked on pre-orders too.

I got one YF-19 in July with 20% off coupon so it is worth to wait something similar as you describe.

2024-01-11 110640.jpg

2 hours ago, weiser21 said:

Not bad cheaper than scalper price I paid. 

Taking some willpower not to buy another lol

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Not bad cheaper than scalper price I paid. 

Taking some willpower not to buy another lol

I think, after shipping, this price actually might be better than my amiami PO... though I imagine they will receive the product a month or two later.

6 hours ago, tekering said:

Online pre-orders are your only chance to get DX Chogokins at retail prices.  They don't show up in Japanese stores.

Not, that is, until they hit the secondary market:

fromastore.jpg.885ec25b1b07615f354ee7f7be74aded.jpg

So yes, I have to face the preorder madness along with the rest of you... although it's a different kind of crap show for Japanese collectors.  Unlike HLJ, Anime Export, and the other specialty shops, most Japanese retailers could care less about collectors.  Bandai tells them they can't list a product until after 4pm on a certain date, so they list that product a half-hour later, an hour later, several hours later... and unlike AmiAmi or Nin-Nin, they don't provide any indication of when exactly the preorder will go up. 

Amazon.jp had their listing up at 4:06, but their stock was superseded by third-party sellers asking ¥12000 above retail (!), making it impossible to access Amazon's own listing in time; I got close, but was cartjacked before checkout.  Yodobashi Camera listed at 4:26, BIC Camera hadn't listed until after 5:00, JoshinWeb didn't up up their listing 'til nearly 6:00, and it looks like Edion didn't add the YF-21 to their site until sometime the following morning!  The only shops that respected the 4pm schedule were Akiba Sofmap and Bandai's own Tamashii store, and both of those only offer lottery sales, so... practically useless. 😒

I've tried telephone enquiries before, to no avail.  Online preorders are the only option I'm aware of. 

In fact, I remember seeing a sign at the customer service desk at BEST Denki turning away any customers trying to order a Metal Structure Sazabi. :unknw:

Damn, that sucks! Thanks for sharing!

The first one I ordered from Nin-Nin will be shipped surface or combined with future orders to get the cheapest price shipped.

https://www.thechosenprime.com/bsdcyf21ggbm

5401257F-3322-4352-B07F-01C0D0C69AFB.jpeg.dd0e8559152c5c9eda9d9e3ae49e9b34.jpeg

My second one from The Chosen Prime comes out to $262.99 shipped after rewards and store credit and I'm good with that.

Edited by sh9000

11 hours ago, Robin-11 said:

Thank you, so this means that the price can go down(depending on the exchange rate yen/euro i guess) but it can't go up, right? I am pretty sure i ordered it directly from Amazon.

I honestly don't know. I've only ever seen a price go decrease by a little bit. I found Amazon Japan's description of what's covered, which should help you:

The Pre-order Price Guarantee - Amazon Customer Service

Amazon.co.jp's price for not-yet-released items changes occasionally from the time an item is listed for sale to the time it's released and shipped. When you pre-order an item, the price we charge is the lowest price (tax inclusive) displayed on Amazon.co.jp from the time you place your order until the shipping process begins (or release date of the item, whichever comes earlier).

I found this store called Animota, never heard of them, I didn't much information about them, social networks accounts looks legit with no complains.

I ordered one YF-21 and then it changed to sold out, I paid full price in advance using Paypal. I have 180 days to hear from them, wish me luck 😆

https://animota.net/collections/pre-order/products/animota-e-pre4126

9 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Don't forget to use code Mega10 to get another $34 bucks off (code worked as of 1/11/24)

If you sign up for TOM premium as a first time member, you can get the YF-21 down to $289 shipped for yankees

image.png.30ef3969e13c4294fd22280e62cd5933.png

For those of you who PO overseas, isn't this going to be like, impossible to beat after the cost of shipping?  Is there any reason for me to keep my amiami PO if I'm more concerned with price than getting it earlier?

1 hour ago, dur said:

If you sign up for TOM premium as a first time member, you can get the YF-21 down to $289 shipped for yankees

image.png.30ef3969e13c4294fd22280e62cd5933.png

For those of you who PO overseas, isn't this going to be like, impossible to beat after the cost of shipping?  Is there any reason for me to keep my amiami PO if I'm more concerned with price than getting it earlier?

Probably pretty tough to beat, never heard of the place though. There may be some sales coming up soon though, but I kinda doubt the prices will get lower than that 

6 hours ago, Big s said:

Probably pretty tough to beat, never heard of the place though. There may be some sales coming up soon though, but I kinda doubt the prices will get lower than that 

They are legit and been around for a while, but the way they keep prices low I think is because they ship surface/sea to US warehouse first...hence the ship date of this in October 2024, usually 2-3 months later than other shops that ship by air.

26 minutes ago, leeboo1211 said:

They are legit and been around for a while, but the way they keep prices low I think is because they ship surface/sea to US warehouse first...hence the ship date of this in October 2024, usually 2-3 months later than other shops that ship by air.

If it’s a place that you trust, then I’m pretty sure that’s a great price. You should buy from them

18 hours ago, Duymon said:

Don't forget to use code Mega10 to get another $34 bucks off (code worked as of 1/11/24)

Not sure if this code applies to preorders, but here’s the new one for USA gundam store. 
I think your code above will still save more money overall IMG_2383.jpeg.97bedc8525c4dd572fab766647209dd8.jpegI just thought it was funny that they sent an email with a savings coupon right above the most expensive preorder item that popped up recently to try and lure in more buyers with cold feet over the cost

48 minutes ago, orbitalharvest said:

does anyone have purchasing experience with kappa or tokyo otaku mode shop?

I've ordered WWM items on 2 occasions from Kappa...they are legit in my book...

Like I said, other than SDFM/DYRL items....I think I am done with PO madness/Japanese retailers...at least when I am looking to acquire multiples of any given WWM type item...

Edited by jvmacross