MacrossWorld's PO Thread - NEXT PO of 2024 will be APRIL 5TH at 4PM JST...HI-METAL R VF-19 Kai Fire Valkyrie...a WWM Release...POST LINKS TO AVAILABLE PO's and KEEP DISCUSSIONS ON POs HERE

jvmacross

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

So give or take, flat rate shipping plus CA tax will end up between $385 to $389. Depends on tax percentage they're going to use. But that's atleast $30 something.

Yep the US price plus taxes is a hard sell. 

going to be a shelfwarmer for a while if i were to guess. 

21 minutes ago, shazam said:

This purchasing window will open within a few hours.

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-164591

Sales Period Jan 11, 2024, 11:00  Japan Time 

giphy.gif

After seeing BBTS total price, I'll take a last ditched effort try with AmiAmi. 

Edited by 505thAirborne

2 hours ago, wm cheng said:

Booo!!! BBTS - somebody called the US pricing and they were right!

59 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Roughly 386.18 to NM from BBTS.

A few of us we're guesstimating a 55-60% markup over Japan retail price, based on what Bandai has done in the past. Current exchange rate puts it at $240 before shipping, so $350 would end up being about a 46% markup, but then there's state sales tax and domestic shipping. If you go with Mommar's BBTS door-to-door estimate and then add decent courier shipping from Japan for, let's say, $35, to level the playing field, it turns into to a 40% markup. That's...better....

3 minutes ago, betocc said:

It is live now

363.00 shipped using FEDEX/PayPal. OUCH!. I guess I wait. At that price I might as well get it from BBTS. Anyone ever use their Surface/Freight feature (Nin-Nin)?

Edited by Alphahorizon

8 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

Anyone ever use their Surface/Freight feature (Nin-Nin)?

I’ll let you know how it works out 😅

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods

1 minute ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I’ll let you know how it works out 😅

ooof. Please do! I just had it sent to warehouse for the time being. Im gone for a year here shortly so in no immediate rush per-say.

9 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

363.00 shipped using FEDEX/PayPal. OUCH!. I guess I wait. At that price I might as well get it from BBTS. Anyone ever use their Surface/Freight feature (Nin-Nin)?

I checked to CA, it's $332 via DHL/FedEx. The shipping was Y8440.

5 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I checked to CA, it's $332 via DHL/FedEx. The shipping was Y8440.

Maybe some PayPal added conversion? It got to my pay with PayPal pop-up and that's where I stopped. Still got one at the 288.0 and in no immediate rush

Edited by Alphahorizon

6 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

ooof. Please do! I just had it sent to warehouse for the time being. Im gone for a year here shortly so in no immediate rush per-say.

I usually use surface if I can. I don’t mind waiting. 

30 minutes ago, betocc said:

It is live now

Just picked up one from Nin Nin.  I don't like price, but I'll "dollar cost average" with ones I pick up later.  The trouble I had last night/this morning when trying to order one was due to my credit card's automatic fraud detection.  I buy a lot from overseas, but maybe I got flagged because of the odd local hour I was trying to make a purchase. 

Edited by 26662

1 minute ago, 26662 said:

Just picked up one from Nin Nin.  I don't like price, but I'll "dollar cost average" with ones I pick up later. 

Yeah I just wanted it out of the way. Really looking forward to this release though

16 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

Maybe some PayPal added conversion? It got to my pay with PayPal pop-up and that's where I stopped. Still got one at the 288.0 and in no immediate rush

Change payment currency to Yen to avoid PayPal conversion rate 

3 hours ago, borgified said:

The Canuckle head pricing for this will be possibly around $480 Beaver Bucks if the stores do get stock in. 

@wm cheng, @Angesdad and my other fellow Canadian Macross collectors , you know that we’re going to get hosed anyways. Avoid Navito World as they’re going to jack up the price to maybe $700 CDN if they get a few units in. 

IMG_1894.gif.e25c50b6ad10e53dd04be6af0892d73c.gif

😂

Edited by Angesdad

Wow, Ami ami sucks.  I clicked order the moment it went live, and it immediately said none in stock, pre-order closed.  That's what I get for breaking tradition and trying to participate in a pre-order rush.