no3Ljm

3 hours ago, technoblue said:

I, for one, welcome more designers to the international VF-1 party. The shared FB post below notes that Unix Square is a collaborative brand created by Kids Logic and Sentinel:

https://m.facebook.com/100001202426087/posts/pfbid02RGukEWMbGRAwRA6BoiNg5TGYA4DBhxG3iJg6rpweGhyRfSLZh33PrbY2qCAK11Cbl

Ah collaboration with Sentinel. That’s pretty good news for those interested in these.

Man I know the crazy proportions are turning people off, but I love that Vf-1J and Vf-1S. There are already excellent offerings for a more line-art accurate Vf-1, I'm all for a new take on this design. I just hope it can pose well enough to take advantage of its looks

1 hour ago, CF18 said:

image.png.92ef65201d8fecc0002c986e8dfd56be.png

image.png.6acb918be4e8085536305fca8c4a2574.png

The other set are fixed mode figures.

I was wondering why the joints were so different, I thought maybe it was just the prototype process. I definitely like the fix mode versions better. They’re kinda too cute, but also kinda likable.

as far as the others, they remind me of that shooter game from a long time back. Not sure what it was called. And the transformation seems like a fail at the moment since the legs are so fat that that the arms seem to keep them from folding in and the intakes are far past the chest plate in the non battroid modes

21 hours ago, jvmacross said:

LOL....yeah it's awful...

Looks like the unholy mix of a VF-1J and a VF-2SS....

Ah-HA!  That's the mecha it reminded me of!  The teeny chestplate in Battloid mode really does evoke the VF-2SS.  Same slender, needlenose like pointy chest bit.

That's a good thing, since I really like the VF-2SS.  But I don't like this VF-1J any more.  Fugly!

On 7/29/2023 at 1:20 AM, CF18 said:

image.png.92ef65201d8fecc0002c986e8dfd56be.png

image.png.6acb918be4e8085536305fca8c4a2574.png

The other set are fixed mode figures.

Ah ok non-transformable for these then. Going by previous efforts from others, 1-mode VF action figures have never been that popular.

Gotta even question the ‘action’ aspect for Fighter. Just sweeping the wings back & forth hardly qualifies lol.

Buy I actually do like the sculpt on these.

1 hour ago, MKT said:

Ah ok non-transformable for these then. Going by previous efforts from others, 1-mode VF action figures have never been that popular.

Gotta even question the ‘action’ aspect for Fighter. Just sweeping the wings back & forth hardly qualifies lol.

Buy I actually do like the sculpt on these.

I’m with you on the sculpt. The battroid isn’t perfect, but it’s not offensive either. It reminds me of an upscale revoltech.

personally, I prefer a non transforming vf-1 since they can never really get the three modes to seem right due to compromises between having a good looking fighter or battroid or just something down the middle 

On 7/27/2023 at 6:25 AM, CF18 said:

At ACG HK 2023, Kids Logic booth got a new branding "??IX SQUARE" - they used some unreadable font...

Source: Toys TV live stream

New stuff:

image.png.c1b753e826f615211cb1aadbc1ea8608.png

image.png.7172dc54aa17cec5f47d2ca9890cedb8.png

image.png.9d97f4982663c9b04440d387059488c6.png

image.png.4bae129f8731aa4d7c68e50d880851e4.png

image.png.6efeb07811c7393d667d5ceed2f4babd.png

image.png.f258bb63eee7f2e0818a6d91a9407582.png

image.png.ad2b407b4a9b7a93e551f868520bb45c.png

So, I’m confused since everything is in prototype grey….the VF-1J says it is a transformable action figure, but the thing with the VF-1D head is a non-transforming action figure?

it is difficult to gauge scale from a still photo. How big is this? HMR size, or closer to the new ThreeZero or Arcadia size?

Thanks!

Twich

3 hours ago, twich said:

So, I’m confused since everything is in prototype grey….the VF-1J says it is a transformable action figure, but the thing with the VF-1D head is a non-transforming action figure?

it is difficult to gauge scale from a still photo. How big is this? HMR size, or closer to the new ThreeZero or Arcadia size?

Thanks!

Twich

So Unix Square has announced their own stylized and transformable VF-1J. That’s the first image. They also announced that the 1J/1S are part of a new line of non-transformable figures. That’s the fourth image. No idea what is up with guardian or bat mode for the non-transformable line. We will have to wait for more details.

The other images that were quoted are new armoured statues and VF-1 levitation models.

28 minutes ago, technoblue said:

So Unix Square has announced their own stylized and transformable VF-1J. That’s the first image. They also announced that the 1J/1S are part of a new line of non-transformable figures. That’s the fourth image. No idea what is up with guardian or bat mode for the non-transformable line. We will have to wait for more details.

The other images that were quoted are new armoured statues and VF-1 levitation models.

After I posted, I went and watched the video. I actually kind of dig the stylized VF-1J. The fighter mode reminds me of the VF-2SS, which someone already pointed out.  Whatever the case, hope it is good quality and affordable.

Twich

22 minutes ago, twich said:

After I posted, I went and watched the video. I actually kind of dig the stylized VF-1J. The fighter mode reminds me of the VF-2SS, which someone already pointed out.  Whatever the case, hope it is good quality and affordable.

Cool.

Yeah, it is nice to see more designers work on the classic Macross designs. I’ll be keeping an eye on Unix Square too. If their releases are solid, I’ll be happy to add some of them to my display. B))

11 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

But that is no where near the Orguss Valkyrie that appeared. 

image.png.235aea1ddf71cf43210b54704c281c39.png

You mean "squareds and not "rounded" body like in anime in another profiles pics?

image.png.9887eeef5eecaea4db79a9678080da9b.png

I believe they make his own molde, after they don't have rights about the original Orguss anime

image.png.72231e46b8faa2b4c3ca0e32f96e8df5.png

• 1 month later...