2 hours ago, Mog said:

Yeah, I’d prefer to call the Toynami an arthritic horse with glass for bones that can barely hold a pose and will collapse into a brittle heap at the slightest breeze.

:lol:... That too.  Aesthetically, especially for its time, it's not too bad at all, but it was clearly an overly ambitious amateur effort by an amateur company being run by amateurs and overseen by litigious amateurs.

That is true about the Beta. :good:

Absolutely love those ratchet joints.

As good as it is, after more than 10 years, there are areas where the design can be improved from Toynami’s.

So, I’m hopeful Sentinel takes the chance to make their version.

Edited by Mog

On 9/5/2021 at 3:55 PM, Mog said:

That is true about the Beta. :good:

Absolutely love those ratchet joints.

As good as it is, after more than 10 years, there are areas where the design can be improved from Toynami’s.

So, I’m hopeful Sentinel takes the chance to make their version.

Yeah, it still has some major flaws, the cockpit in transformation will take some serious t-rex rejiggering, and the front missile bay doors were just a stupid shortcut on an otherwise awesome toy. 

I’m sure they’ll figure out a way to pull off the cockpit and make the sternum more anime accurate for soldier mode.

But as I’ve said before, the other big improvements they can make are:

- Tighter and more connections between the Legioss and Tread.

- Make the bomber mode less gappy.

- Incorporate the hidden shoulder missile bays (that you find in the CM’s rendition).

But already making the back of the Legioss fighter more compact is gonna help Sentinel immensely in reaching these design goals.

EDIT:  OH!  And a big honkin’ Gatling gun would be nice too! 😁

Edited by Mog

So i am thinking something.

Should I buy Robotech Visual Archive: Mospeada?
I mean mostly just for character concept art, even side characters, along with maybe background info or production notes.

Just that I kinda do sketches and commissions, and maybe headcanon on their uniforms (especially unshown like Jupiter Base or First Invasion uniform).

5 hours ago, roboemo said:

So i am thinking something.

I mean mostly just for character concept art, even side characters, along with maybe background info or production notes.

Just that I kinda do sketches and commissions, and maybe headcanon on their uniforms (especially unshown like Jupiter Base or First Invasion uniform).

I was going to get all three during Black Friday.

9 hours ago, roboemo said:

Eh... the only one of the three that's really worth getting is the Southern Cross one, if only because the only other Southern Cross artbook is even more embarrassingly bad and only really worth buying for the staff interviews.

There's not really any point in getting the Robotech Visual Archive book if you've already got a copy of the Entertainment Archive MOSPEADA: Complete Art Works or Genesis Climber MOSPEADA File books and have downloaded the Imai Files at any point.  Text-wise, you're basically just buying a printout of the "New Generation" section of Harmony Gold's website padded with a lot of little thumbnail-quality screenshots.  (Consequently, because the info is mainly sourced from the old RT Infopedia, most of the info is just wrong.)

1 minute ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Eh... the only one of the three that's really worth getting is the Southern Cross one, if only because the only other Southern Cross artbook is even more embarrassingly bad and only really worth buying for the staff interviews.

There's not really any point in getting the Robotech Visual Archive book if you've already got a copy of the Entertainment Archive MOSPEADA: Complete Art Works or Genesis Climber MOSPEADA File books and have downloaded the Imai Files at any point.  Text-wise, you're basically just buying a printout of the "New Generation" section of Harmony Gold's website padded with a lot of little thumbnail-quality screenshots.  (Consequently, because the info is mainly sourced from the old RT Infopedia, most of the info is just wrong.)

Respectfully, I disagree.

I just got my copy of the MOSPEADA one and, despite owning all of the other ones you mentioned and the Imai Files, I still am glad to have it on my shelf.

There was artwork in there that I don't recall being in the others (only the Imai Files), so I'm glad to have it in a nice "sit on the couch and look through it" format.

Additionally, and I very well may be wrong, but I believe there were translations in there that were not in any of the others. At the very least, I don't recall seeing them in the others. One which comes to mind was the pictures of the bikes in different poses, turns, skids. To my memory, I had though they were just references of different views and dynamic positioning, but the translations showed notes from Aramaki about which ones would lead to flipping the bike, in what way, and proper positioning for the riders per actually riding techniques.

And... if you're a completist like me, then getting it when it's on a temporary sale is hard to pass up.

16 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

I just got my copy of the MOSPEADA one and, despite owning all of the other ones you mentioned and the Imai Files, I still am glad to have it on my shelf.

As a completionist for several other franchises, I can certainly understand why a completionist might want the Visual Archive book.

For a less determined collector, I don't think it's quite worth the asking price based on the quality and availability of the same material in official Japanese artbooks.

16 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

There was artwork in there that I don't recall being in the others (only the Imai Files), so I'm glad to have it in a nice "sit on the couch and look through it" format.

Additionally, and I very well may be wrong, but I believe there were translations in there that were not in any of the others. At the very least, I don't recall seeing them in the others. One which comes to mind was the pictures of the bikes in different poses, turns, skids. To my memory, I had though they were just references of different views and dynamic positioning, but the translations showed notes from Aramaki about which ones would lead to flipping the bike, in what way, and proper positioning for the riders per actually riding techniques.

From my review of the Visual Archive books, there is a fair bit of art from the Imai Files in the MOSPEADA one that is not in the official artbooks... but, again, if you've downloaded the Imai Files you've already seen everything the Visual Archive has to show you.  It'd probably have been better if they'd just published the Imai Files as-is.  It was pretty disappointing (to me, at least) that they really did a terrible job framing some of that material in its historical context or didn't even make the attempt (esp. in the Southern Cross book).

I'm fairly certain the art you're referring to WRT Armor Bike riding poses and indicators of what angles would cause the rider to be thrown or fall is in both of the books I mentioned.

1 hour ago, Seto Kaiba said:

I'm fairly certain the art you're referring to WRT Armor Bike riding poses and indicators of what angles would cause the rider to be thrown or fall is in both of the books I mentioned.

I think that you're correct. I haven't looked at the Imai Files in a good long while, but between those and the various official Japanese books that I have, I'd agree that (to my memory) there is no new art here. However, some of the translations here were new to me and interesting to read (though, again, they may have been in the Imai Files, where there were some translations pasted over the text, and I simply don't remember them).

10 hours ago, roboemo said:

Just that I keep bothered by the various uniforms from Johnathan's Elegy and not sure if there is finalized or idea of unit uniform specs or just random.
https://mospeada.fandom.com/wiki/Earth_Liberation_Forces

Nah, it's pretty much just those few pencil sketches of characters like Yellow or Jim in the duty uniform from the first recapture mission.  There's no real detail to it.

28 minutes ago, roboemo said:

What about the uniforms of bridge crew in first episode and the finale ones?

MOSPEADA's creators didn't put a ton of effort into the details of the background and one-shot characters, I'm afraid... though at least their uniforms share the same design as Lt. Bernard's own.

If anything these Robotech Archive books will be like when I got the Robotech Art books back when I was a kid. Those were a big deal to me back then even though they were paperback. I didn't learn that they made limited hardcovers until the 2000s. But those Art books were glossy and had all the episodes and sketches. It was just cool to see all of that stuff. They were some of the earliest large scale books I ever purchased.

Sure its been discussed before, but I just re-discovered it and laughed.

In the footer of one of the pages in the Artmic Design book, mechanical co-designer Hideki Kakinuma explains the origin of HBT
Just take the word GAS and offset +1 letter in the alphabet LOL  :)

image.png.50341a6edbae11a7113b63e57235a908.png

poor google translate results
Therefore, I taught that HBT is the next spelling of GAS in the sense that it is next to GAS (gasoline), that is, it is a really ridiculous thing made by doing G → H, A → B, S → T. By the way, the other party is crazy!  There was an episode saying ...  It ’s Kessaku!  (Kakinuma)

22 hours ago, Shawn said:

Sure its been discussed before, but I just re-discovered it and laughed.

In the footer of one of the pages in the Artmic Design book, mechanical co-designer Hideki Kakinuma explains the origin of HBT
Just take the word GAS and offset +1 letter in the alphabet LOL  :)

image.png.50341a6edbae11a7113b63e57235a908.png

poor google translate results
Therefore, I taught that HBT is the next spelling of GAS in the sense that it is next to GAS (gasoline), that is, it is a really ridiculous thing made by doing G → H, A → B, S → T. By the way, the other party is crazy!  There was an episode saying ...  It ’s Kessaku!  (Kakinuma)

Well, I thought it was acronym for something.
They did say it's Hydrogen based fuel.

Anyone know how to disassemble the thigh piece for the Riobot Legioss? I think my copy has one of the rotation joints in the thighs stuck. It's the part at the very point where the gray hip joint piece connects to the white thigh. It allows you to swing the legs out for an A stance. Not sure if they accidentally glued it in the factory but it won't budge. I've tried applying force but it just flexes the plastic and I'm worried it will twist the peg off.

I've tried removing the single screw in the inner thigh, but it still won't come apart. I also can't see the seam in front of the thigh, so not sure if there's an extra part that was glued on top of it that's holding it together.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

20210917_194548.jpg

Edited by ArchieNov

• 3 weeks later...

So new Mospeada fanarts (Commissioned by Me, Drawn by Inspector97) are up! First one is from Robotech Invasion but in hypothetical skirt uniform for 1st Invasion. Second is Lancer/Yellow from sketch art. Third one is hypothetical skirt variant of 3rd Invasion in Finale episodes.

Spoiler

Olivia Stahl in Uniform

Lancer in Uniform

Mospeada Third Liberation Fleet Uniform

6 minutes ago, HG Blows said:

Does anyone know if the sentinel blue legioss reissue fixed those issues that the first run had?  The wing flap that kept falling off, and the hip bar being out of alignment, etc?

My copy of the reissue, the wings don't fall off anymore, ankle joints are much tighter, shoulders are still tight, but not INSANELY tight like the first release. Landing gear is also easier to pull out. Only nitpick was out of the box the hip bar in armo-solider did not lock as solidly as my red and green copy. After taking a little kiki joint fixer, it holds now like it should. 

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Perxion said:

Hi guys,

Since nothing is happening and Wonderfest is a bit short, I made this image.

I gathered some 3D models that I had scattered around and this tribute to the iconic image of the Legioss + Tread came out.

Enjoy it!
Greetings.

TreadLegiossAttack.jpg

Obviously very cool and a ton of work.  Still, made me think of this. 

Now that's a BIG baby! Man, 36, straps himself to chest of ...

8 hours ago, Perxion said:

Hi guys,

Since nothing is happening and Wonderfest is a bit short, I made this image.

I gathered some 3D models that I had scattered around and this tribute to the iconic image of the Legioss + Tread came out.

Enjoy it!
Greetings.

TreadLegiossAttack.jpg

That is gorgeous! nicely done.

23 minutes ago, levzloi said:

Obviously very cool and a ton of work.  Still, made me think of this. 

Now that's a BIG baby! Man, 36, straps himself to chest of ...

Hadn't seen that before... and it will now be forever associated with that pose in my mind.

• 2 weeks later...