Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

This is the first time we're going to see this in color. I don't remember B2Five put those Mospeada figures on PO on their website prior of this BBTS post.

At 1/28 scale, 2.5in figures, this sample photos looks cool. :good: 

Scott - $54.99 
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/169667

2967658d-2c5a-4882-a875-428057163cca.jpg.439f51c8cb5e3ed7798721519fc8f421.jpg

1a590972-968c-4aa1-bc59-ac602fcf05b2.jpg.0c4d44cba861a8f6d08e04866479930b.jpg

d07d4f05-1bbf-449b-acf8-ea2378262ce7.jpg.099f2adcb8b22000bf216dc2546d44bc.jpg

250a1404-e79d-4784-a6f6-17003eb888c5.jpg.d8c94d39642fb4f434b00bf8be944057.jpg

4ae87165-f8bf-4da8-a2a6-0a8a3933a557.jpg.0c895d9c8a326a199332145a358e7212.jpg

 

Lance - $54.99 
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/169662

61424fcd-63e1-46e9-9996-f98052570882.jpg.04e81b62640cfa6cd8d3b9e03bfec658.jpg

54141289-a59d-41bf-bcc5-ee08c8833c69.jpg.9cc58d26adb599f734025dbf9da27018.jpg

d7075ee5-e89b-4a7c-9265-d4b1a3a726a9.jpg.0cbb2694a717244d75969a15d4cb0a74.jpg

89d43cf9-5481-4271-9f77-2b0e740e5756.jpg.881dc80468de576fa45a1f58744c03f8.jpg

0501f8eb-d746-4746-bb58-73ec925cb10b.jpg.2df66f138376b5fa022c8567a0cc7118.jpg

 

Rand - $54.99 
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/169668

b21a6089-7681-47a7-9940-ec8a87f6c9cc.jpg.598dd3b0e4911a76bede1b874dcc29a4.jpg

d6419f60-6b8a-4e78-9aaf-2a1bf3d4741d.jpg.b564354a77750fbab5619726d2f36c7d.jpg

62f22155-cfe8-4097-97fd-f3ad5a7fe75f.jpg.0dfa2f9a06fa18119b57fe75bbbfad52.jpg

57ae5f34-8a84-4d50-9f70-d51e6ca31dba.jpg.9d3ed2b0c8651f7b8d9b37c747e12da2.jpg

f3ed45fd-5615-4c34-92ed-86e82eb97ef7.jpg.2a9358abd23dba49033aca0428af38c8.jpg

2.5" figures?

I could use 2.5"..............but not in my figure collection.:rolleyes::D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, sqidd said:

2.5" figures?

I could use 2.5"..............but not in my figure collection.:rolleyes::D

Hahaha! :lol: Don't worry. I didn't PO. Too small for me and I'm already happy with my 2 Beagle's and the recent Sentinel Ride Armors. ;) 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I actually think these look cool. I’m surprised that they came up stateside first, I thought for sure they’d be in Japan and get rebranded a couple months down the line 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow. Without being mean too much.. the math.. nope. $55 plus shipping. 2.5 in tall? And (R) branding? Nah.  I bought a 2 sentinel legioss, and all but 1 dx chogokin valkyrie.  But. At some point the part of my mind that yells “Stoopid!” At the other part of my mind that says “shiny collectible” .. that yelling part sometimes WINS.

 

 Maybe they will be perfect transformable. Maybe they will be amazing. But that is way tinier than those way simpler Gakken ones we still managed to break. That many Joints that size and …time.. are enemies. Your mileage may vary

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Simplified MegaHouse Ride Armors in a smaller size? These promise very limited articulation with the possibility of a very fidgety experience... yeah but I'll get 'em.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do think the transformation is a simplified one. Maybe part swapping. There are a lot of pegs and maybe things just pop into place or do a simple fold. Honestly it’s hard to tell from the pics

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I preordered.

I'm half expecting to be disappointed by the final product (definitely look a bit reminiscent of the similarly-sized 80s Gakken ones' underwhelming transformation), but I always kind of enjoy these little figures, and am just curious to see what the transformation is like in person.

Plus, to be honest, I don't want to be hunting them down in a year or two if I change my mind, and I really just can't say no to ride armors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i think the coolest part of these is that you can see the face through the face shield.  kinda cool.  being based on megahouse i doubt there will be a hoquet/rook figure as i dont' think megahouse ever got there.  i have most of a megahouse yellow somewhere and it was ok but fidgety.  hopefully they simplified these enough so they are functionial little figures.  i think these little guys at 1/28 would look ok with the 1/36ish evolution toys legioss (hey gotta find some use for those) being posed in front (foreground supposed to look bigger right!? haha).  at 2.5 inches these are overpriced but if i find out they handle well enough i might want in despite the lack of a fuke/hoquet/rook.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, vladykins said:

Some scale estimates for the three MEP sizes:

May be an image of text that says '1/23 SCALE 1/28SCALE 1/28 SCALE 1/48 48 SCALE 5 1/28 SCALE 1/ 48 SCALE 1/28 SCALE 1/48 SCALE'

It's not looking likely that the OS Shock troopers are going to make the minimum.:(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, vladykins said:

Some scale estimates for the three MEP sizes:

May be an image of text that says '1/23 SCALE 1/28SCALE 1/28 SCALE 1/48 48 SCALE 5 1/28 SCALE 1/ 48 SCALE 1/28 SCALE 1/48 SCALE'

 

My Photoshop-fu is weak. Does anyone have a feel (or can put together a quick image to give an idea) of how these would compare with the Sentinel ride armors or the classic CMs?

I think I just tend to be skeptical of scales from manufacturers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

 

My Photoshop-fu is weak. Does anyone have a feel (or can put together a quick image to give an idea) of how these would compare with the Sentinel ride armors or the classic CMs?

I think I just tend to be skeptical of scales from manufacturers.

I can probably work something up once I get some client work done, but the 1/23 is roughly the size of the old Matchbox shocktrooper and the 1/28 is roughly the size of the Matchbox "scout". 

Here's my Matchbox invid with the Megahouse (a little bigger than the CM's) on the right and the Sentinel on the left.  So defdinitely won't work well with the Sentinels but should look pretty good with the CM's (or even better with the B2.FIVEs).



No photo description available.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, vladykins said:

I can probably work something up once I get some client work done, but the 1/23 is roughly the size of the old Matchbox shocktrooper and the 1/28 is roughly the size of the Matchbox "scout". 

Here's my Matchbox invid with the Megahouse (a little bigger than the CM's) on the right and the Sentinel on the left.  So defdinitely won't work well with the Sentinels but should look pretty good with the CM's (or even better with the B2.FIVEs).



No photo description available.

Thank you.

I think I'm either just being lazy or the ol' brain isn't firing on all cylinders today.

I have one Megahouse, most of the CMs, the Sentinels, and the B2Five's on order, just curious if these are going to scale well, and so the completist in me should get some, or if it's just going to be an oddball I won't be displaying with anything else, anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Thank you.

I think I'm either just being lazy or the ol' brain isn't firing on all cylinders today.

I have one Megahouse, most of the CMs, the Sentinels, and the B2Five's on order, just curious if these are going to scale well, and so the completist in me should get some, or if it's just going to be an oddball I won't be displaying with anything else, anyway.

The B2.FIVEs are going to be 1/28, so they should scale perfectly with the smaller "oversized" if that gets made. At this point, it appears unlikely, given we're not near the minimum number of orders (200) to get the smaller "oversized".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

6 hours ago, vladykins said:

The B2.FIVEs are going to be 1/28, so they should scale perfectly with the smaller "oversized" if that gets made. At this point, it appears unlikely, given we're not near the minimum number of orders (200) to get the smaller "oversized".

Its sad that the fandom is so pityful that they cant (minus me) even scrounge together 180 orders amongst them. And this for an army build mecha.

Not likely this beautiful dream is going to happen then.

209530871_824188481572379_7311023336171316447_n.jpg.a7dba81c0439191a8217eb418d864924.jpg

One of the sites selling/promoting the Gurabs posted these cool renders. Why waste a cent on humans when we could have more aliens?

2040205955_131244375_1084139745383187_597804020481656064_n(1).jpg.95aabadd6b37939e3901b5f589b430cb.jpg

156869985_131441068_196140058810565_4924593878486450860_n(1).jpg.807b275f93ed2d91bea62c574494d0c7.jpg

130604841_3735116989857938_2755912920517004962_n.jpg.ca979ab99750415bc466a80e09920d39.jpg

131022232_128095395642145_1827890787156364011_n.jpg.1cd8bffa611663def18b681c846330f0.jpg

131037500_906494460159373_3085578115470026313_n.jpg.751247e6f08d35b805e48c77988c390d.jpg

131039497_815413615683656_6277225468137661368_n.jpg.0df2259b608ec0c2faf19fb4b254da8b.jpg

131204958_1342186572785470_3539290628425971997_n.jpg.9db553e53b814febbcab9b8602a14b9a.jpg

131208849_1017318015345198_201349920716574916_n.jpg.3b80c9325112f0a81548bdef0cb7ea75.jpg

131897653_3827468053943286_6578153732921252199_n.jpg.a55da52e928487103d263e69374df338.jpg

131898647_146557206944332_7122175360256179300_n.jpg.96f2f2a471c01ffabae276ce28c2f9ed.jpg

131913738_385461929391880_7521656041698991793_n.jpg.483929de2280ffb55f918d77de5d6e90.jpg

131918272_1919104238227303_7977018119099361820_n.jpg.b6b2294a96388f4e9aed612805957cf3.jpg

131920169_190455806148984_73317379901757341_n.jpg.bc66909e39e3f7d66308f01726bc5d7c.jpg131926168_173947924456793_365274324277818517_n.jpg.3ea3fd3257021c23d669b669b81c55b2.jpg

Edited by Podtastic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think ink the problem with getting the numbers together on the large scale version has a lot to do with these being a U.S. release of a toy from a series that was seen here as a less popular third season to a show that already wasn’t the most popular show, by a company almost no one has ever heard of that almost no one has ever seen an actual product from. It’s kind of a huge gamble. There may even end up odd complications wit the upsizing of the toy, like weaker joints that may be worrying others from making the choice to buy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Big s said:

I think ink the problem with getting the numbers together on the large scale version has a lot to do with these being a U.S. release of a toy from a series that was seen here as a less popular third season to a show that already wasn’t the most popular show, by a company almost no one has ever heard of that almost no one has ever seen an actual product from. It’s kind of a huge gamble. There may even end up odd complications wit the upsizing of the toy, like weaker joints that may be worrying others from making the choice to buy.

For me, I like things to be the same scale from the same series/show/etc.  Since the Riobot Legioss releases are 1/48, that's what I want for my Inbit pieces.  The bigger ones don't fit with the rest of my collection so I don't have a need for them.

For those that do want the bigger ones, I do feel bad for them that it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jealous37 said:

For me, I like things to be the same scale from the same series/show/etc.  Since the Riobot Legioss releases are 1/48, that's what I want for my Inbit pieces.  The bigger ones don't fit with the rest of my collection so I don't have a need for them.

For those that do want the bigger ones, I do feel bad for them that it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

My thoughts exactly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve never been one to stay with a single scale, but I do understand why many people do. I guess being a macross fan I would have skipped a lot of cool stuff that was only1/100 or 1/72  or many of the other scales. It would be great if every time a favorite franchise of mine made the absolute best and complete toy line, but in my years I’ve never been lucky that way.

 For those willing to try a new scale at least there will be the new beaver ride armors, and who knows, maybe more bad guys to fight.

 And you never know, maybe a more reputable company may see a demand if these sell well at places like bbts or collector shows and make products of these alien mecha in a scale that fits their other releases.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got the 1/48s to set up with the plethora of 1/48 Mospeada stuff, but the oversized are decent for posing with the CM's, Megahouse, and (when they release) B2.FIVEs. I already pose the Matchbox ones above, so this would just be a variation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, vladykins said:

I got the 1/48s to set up with the plethora of 1/48 Mospeada stuff, but the oversized might have been decent for posing with the CM's, Megahouse, and (when they release) B2.FIVEs.

Fixed that for you. 😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/16/2021 at 4:36 PM, roboemo said:

Appreciated. Also I am thinking Invid War for similiar premise.

I FINALLY took a few minutes to find the series/backups that I was referring to (the old series that was more of what I was picturing Breakers would be).

I genuinely enjoyed "Invid War", published by Eternity, and it is probably my single favorite series under the "Robotech" banner (feel free to skip the follow-up "Invid War: Aftermath"). Also, the "Class Reunion" special was solid (writing and art), but just kind of in-between episode content.

However, the series that I was thinking of was "Robotech: Unsung Heroes", which was about a completely separate team doing their own missions. It was a back-up story in issues 2-4 of Vermillion (b&w), and was reprinted as part of Megastorm (color). Just sort of a story of a separate, not previously heard-of unit, who were competent, but just not at a place (or survival rate) to have been encountered in any other stories.

I had been hoping that Breakers would be something similar, and not a fan-fic-y "these guys are super duper awesome and super duper secret ninjas".

 

Unsung_heroes_graphic_novel.png.eb000113cd1a1e23ca8b8ca058f6a2ef.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/15/2021 at 5:24 AM, RavenHawk said:

I FINALLY took a few minutes to find the series/backups that I was referring to (the old series that was more of what I was picturing Breakers would be).

I genuinely enjoyed "Invid War", published by Eternity, and it is probably my single favorite series under the "Robotech" banner (feel free to skip the follow-up "Invid War: Aftermath"). Also, the "Class Reunion" special was solid (writing and art), but just kind of in-between episode content.

However, the series that I was thinking of was "Robotech: Unsung Heroes", which was about a completely separate team doing their own missions. It was a back-up story in issues 2-4 of Vermillion (b&w), and was reprinted as part of Megastorm (color). Just sort of a story of a separate, not previously heard-of unit, who were competent, but just not at a place (or survival rate) to have been encountered in any other stories.

I had been hoping that Breakers would be something similar, and not a fan-fic-y "these guys are super duper awesome and super duper secret ninjas".

 

Unsung_heroes_graphic_novel.png.eb000113cd1a1e23ca8b8ca058f6a2ef.png

Neat.

Kinda hard to find either Invid War or Vermillion.

Thanks.

Mostly I'll be happy if they have finalized version of Mars Base uniform, or female in pilot suit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/19/2021 at 11:03 AM, captain america said:

Hi guys,

I haven't been in MOSPEADA mode for a while, but I've been seriously thinking about a 1/350 Horizont to go with the previously released Garfish. Just casually passing that info along. ^_^ 

 

drool.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The video doesn't show the Iota Legioss, which we've seen tons of pics for already.

Just checked Amazon Japan, and they still list the greenie as a December release.

Maybe Sentinel's waiting to make a better/bigger display with a colored Houquet prototype added to the mix? :unknw:

I'll still hold out hope and a candle for future Sentinel Mospeada releases. 🤞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...