Japan Post suspension of international mail

pafy6285

1 hour ago, Alphahorizon said:

Just got a response back from NY. Already paid 50ish dollars for the original shipping I chose earlier. And now they want to add an additional 40 or so. 

Note this is first the PF VF-0D. So things, by May 31st may be back to a few more options by that time.

20200423_195434.jpg

Honestly it feels like they are trolling. Why not just say 100 dollar shipping and be done with it. 

I hope ferry post will still works. I have two packages inbound via ferry.

With what is going on, ferry items might arrive ahead of other shipping method.

Not buying anything till things improve. Or stick to AJ via DHL.

2 hours ago, Alphahorizon said:

Just got a response back from NY. Already paid 50ish dollars for the original shipping I chose earlier. And now they want to add an additional 40 or so. 

Note this is first the PF VF-0D. So things, by May 31st may be back to a few more options by that time.

20200423_195434.jpg

They were a bit more...decisive with my request. I asked if it would be possible to switch to FedEx or DHL for my SSP set and the response I got back was "we just sent an invoice for UPS Express Saver to your account." Given their customer service track record, I expected that they would come back in a few days with an estimate, like the one you received, and then I'd make a decision. I didn't anticipate that they'd cut straight to asking for payment within a few hours of me submitting the request. It was an additional $36 and at this point I'm thinking "get the damn thing on a plane out of the country," so I rolled with it and paid the invoice. I still don't expect them to actually ship it soon, because who knows if they actually have it in stock, but at least it will get here before December (theoretically).

image.png.33b71b8f507bf91a73d4b5af165b0c52.png

4 hours ago, anubis20 said:

I got my April Web Exclusives shipping quote via DHL and it was ¥20,000 :blink: Think im gonna have them hold on to it until EMS gets back up and running. 

you can also ask them to see if they can split it up so it's 2 smaller boxes.  sometimes the total is cheaper due to Dim weight. 

5 hours ago, anubis20 said:

I got my April Web Exclusives shipping quote via DHL and it was ¥20,000 :blink: Think im gonna have them hold on to it until EMS gets back up and running. 

How much stuff is in that order? I just got a box from Mandy by way of DHL today with three valks in it. $100ish 

20 hours ago, Alphahorizon said:

20200423_195434.jpg

So you paid $100 in total to get it shipped out (if approved). 

If you're not in a rush to get it, let it sit till the virus is subsided. 

41 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I’m in Canada and I’ve had two ems orders. Surprisingly both came within a week of ordering.

Who did you use for both orders for EMS  @Sandman

I might have to switch over my Amiami order to EMS then as I still have time to contact them.

As for the second possible order from Manda, I guess that I can send a email to revert to EMS shipping if possible otherwise I'll keep with DHL as originally planned. 

27 minutes ago, borgified said:

Who did you use for both orders for EMS  @Sandman

I might have to switch over my Amiami order to EMS then as I still have time to contact them.

As for the second possible order from Manda, I guess that I can send a email to revert to EMS shipping if possible otherwise I'll keep with DHL as originally planned. 

Both from Mandarake. Fukuoka and Nakano.

2 hours ago, borgified said:

So you paid $100 in total to get it shipped out (if approved). 

If you're not in a rush to get it, let it sit till the virus is subsided. 

No I did not. The bird isnt scheduled to release from NY until May 31st. So I'll wait till that timeframes to consider if I will pay the extra 40.00, because I already paid 56.99 when the pre release went up. 

Edited by Alphahorizon

So has anyone had a parcel get returned to the shop they ordered from? I have two packages. Jungle and mandarake. 
when you arrange for a different shipping option do they just charge you the difference or is that initial payment for shipping lost?

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

How much stuff is in that order? I just got a box from Mandy by way of DHL today with three valks in it. $100ish 

Not a lot but from what they told me its because they are charging by volumetric weight which turns my 8 pound package into 22 pounds :blink:

22 minutes ago, Sandman said:

So has anyone had a parcel get returned to the shop they ordered from? I have two packages. Jungle and mandarake. 
when you arrange for a different shipping option do they just charge you the difference or is that initial payment for shipping lost?

I had one returned to mandarake and emailed them twice about it. No response so far, when they do respond im asking for a refund.

8 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

I had one returned to mandarake and emailed them twice about it. No response so far, when they do respond im asking for a refund.

In the same boat. If these weren’t unprecedented circumstances I’d just file a PayPal claim but they’re usually awesome with customer service. So trying to be patient even though this has been almost 2 months since I ordered.

Did a fair chunk of us read this? 

From Manda:

IMPORTANT - EMS and Air Suspensions With 4 Month Delay to Shipped Items to USA

We've received word from Japan Post that EMS and Air shipping is being suspended for even more countries (currently only in Japanese), so we're sorry to say that we are also having to remove these options from the online store.

For items that have already been sent, another Japan Post announcement (currently only in Japanese) also mentioned a severe delay of up to four months for shipments to the USA, though other countries are likely to be similarly backed up.

If you have a package that is returned to the store, the store will contact you to arrange an alternative shipping method.

As mentioned in the previous announcement, some customers previously asked if it was possible for us to call these delayed items back from the post office, but unfortunately this is not possible.

About Non-Changing Statuses and the "Returned to Sender" Status in the Japan Post Tracking Information.

(Abridged version from our Facebook page)
- Returned to Sender -
When Japan Post suspended certain shipping options to certain countries due to Corona, they already had some order for those countries using those shipping methods. Some orders made it through to the final stages (being put on a plane) but those that did not slowly started being returned to our stores. Unfortunately there is no way for us to know what items are coming back until they arrive.

When the tracking information shows the status "Returned to Sender", it means that the process of return has begun and they are now on their way to the store. There are currently lots of items coming back so when an item returns to the store the staff will contact you about it.

If you have seen that your order is "Returned to Sender" and you want to contact the store early to prepare for how it should be treated, please be sure to include your order number and requests you may have. It is vital to include your order number.

- Non-Changing Tracking Information -
At the moment there is a VERY heavy delay on all EMS and Air items sent through Japan Post leaving Japan. This is because there are far fewer planes available to ship items out on. An official announcement on the Japan Post website noted that can take more than two weeks for items to even be loaded on planes and reach the USA, though other countries will also face similar delays.

This means that when looking at the tracking information on orders it may possibly be weeks before an update is shown (even with EMS). But rest assured that orders marked as shipped have been shipped (picked up by the post office) and are in the process of heading to you. If for whatever reason these too are returned to our stores, we will be contacting you about it.

Some customers have asked if it is possible to recall items back from the post office in order to ship via DHL. Unfortunately as we do not know at what stage the shipments are during their export process, this is not possible.

10 minutes ago, borgified said:

Did a fair chunk of us read this? 

From Manda:

IMPORTANT - EMS and Air Suspensions With 4 Month Delay to Shipped Items to USA

We've received word from Japan Post that EMS and Air shipping is being suspended for even more countries (currently only in Japanese), so we're sorry to say that we are also having to remove these options from the online store.

For items that have already been sent, another Japan Post announcement (currently only in Japanese) also mentioned a severe delay of up to four months for shipments to the USA, though other countries are likely to be similarly backed up.

If you have a package that is returned to the store, the store will contact you to arrange an alternative shipping method.

As mentioned in the previous announcement, some customers previously asked if it was possible for us to call these delayed items back from the post office, but unfortunately this is not possible.

About Non-Changing Statuses and the "Returned to Sender" Status in the Japan Post Tracking Information.

(Abridged version from our Facebook page)
- Returned to Sender -
When Japan Post suspended certain shipping options to certain countries due to Corona, they already had some order for those countries using those shipping methods. Some orders made it through to the final stages (being put on a plane) but those that did not slowly started being returned to our stores. Unfortunately there is no way for us to know what items are coming back until they arrive.

When the tracking information shows the status "Returned to Sender", it means that the process of return has begun and they are now on their way to the store. There are currently lots of items coming back so when an item returns to the store the staff will contact you about it.

If you have seen that your order is "Returned to Sender" and you want to contact the store early to prepare for how it should be treated, please be sure to include your order number and requests you may have. It is vital to include your order number.

- Non-Changing Tracking Information -
At the moment there is a VERY heavy delay on all EMS and Air items sent through Japan Post leaving Japan. This is because there are far fewer planes available to ship items out on. An official announcement on the Japan Post website noted that can take more than two weeks for items to even be loaded on planes and reach the USA, though other countries will also face similar delays.

This means that when looking at the tracking information on orders it may possibly be weeks before an update is shown (even with EMS). But rest assured that orders marked as shipped have been shipped (picked up by the post office) and are in the process of heading to you. If for whatever reason these too are returned to our stores, we will be contacting you about it.

Some customers have asked if it is possible to recall items back from the post office in order to ship via DHL. Unfortunately as we do not know at what stage the shipments are during their export process, this is not possible.

Yeah in my case JP Post already confirms the Return To Sender has been delivered back to Manda since the 18th.

Speaking of... here is the reply. I find all of the Manda shops quite wonderful on taking  care of customers:

Hello,

Thank you for your email and Sorry we apologize for the late reply.

As you know, due to the global outbreak of COVID-19, the acceptance of international mail at the post office is temporarily suspended.
And now we are flooded with a large number of returned packages and inquiries about them.

We will contact you about the returned packages in sequence, so We appreciate your patience as it might take some time.

Sorry for your inconvenient. 
Thank you for your understand and cooperation.

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

4 hours ago, borgified said:

Has anyone here ordered anything from Amiami either using DHL/EMS providing that your not in the "Suspension List"? 

Yes, I had two items ship from Mandarake and AmiAmi within the last 24 hours, both using DHL. I'll post here on how that goes.

-b.

*Edit, whoops just AmiAmi, waiting on Mandarake to ship

Edited by Kanedas Bike

8 hours ago, borgified said:

Has anyone here ordered anything from Amiami either using DHL/EMS providing that your not in the "Suspension List"? 

I've ordered from AmiAmi and Buyee using DHL and both arrived in about 3ish days.

10 hours ago, borgified said:

Yeah, I have had three different items actually arrive DHL with blazing fast speed. They even beat their original estimate by a day in one case. (Shipping to the US)

So here is maybe a small ray of hope for people in shipping purgatory. I have something that shipped Japan post small package air mail on April 3rd (6 days before the delay was announced but after they slashed the number of planes). And it looks like it has finally reached the US and almost arrived. Meanwhile though, a bigger EMS box shipped on the 4th hasn't moved much... but things ARE moving, just at a glacial pace.

Just did the payment for both Amiami and Manda for my two packages to shipped by EMS. 

Will see how this goes and possibly a three week wait for both to arrive at Vancouver's Canada Postal outlet with a trip to Customs when it gets shipped in.

Manda will most likely ship first and Amiami will have to wait till after Golden Week is over. 

So Jungle finally sent me a message about the returned to sender package:

Hi,

We have received a returned parcel dispatched to you RA0xxxxxxxxJP due to coronavirus pandemic and Japan Post cannot deliver it to your country.

Please kindly advise:

1. Wait until everything is back to normal for re-dispatch (no fees required).

2. Cancel the order and receive a refund.

3. Change to the next available shipping method (Registered Air Small Packet) and pay insufficient amount 780JPY via PayPal to info@jungle-scs.co.jp for re-dispatch.

Thanks

I choose option 3 and paid 10 bucks extra. Now just have to wait for Manda to contact me.

Edited by Sandman

13 minutes ago, Sandman said:

So Jungle finally sent me a message about the returned to sender package:

Hi,

We have received a returned parcel dispatched to you RA0xxxxxxxxJP due to coronavirus pandemic and Japan Post cannot deliver it to your country.

Please kindly advise:

1. Wait until everything is back to normal for re-dispatch (no fees required).

2. Cancel the order and receive a refund.

3. Change to the next available shipping method (Registered Air Small Packet) and pay insufficient amount 780JPY via PayPal to info@jungle-scs.co.jp for re-dispatch.

Thanks

I choose option 3 and paid 10 bucks extra. Now just have to wait for Manda to contact me.

6 minutes ago, jenius said:

That option sounds dubious, hope it works out!

How in the world can even Jungle use Registered Air Small Packet?? :bigshok:

Like what @jenius mentioned, that is really totally off key. We all know that the Yammie 1/48 boxes are flippin' huge! 

Keep us posted regardless. 

31 minutes ago, borgified said:

How in the world can even Jungle use Registered Air Small Packet?? :bigshok:

Like what @jenius mentioned, that is really totally off key. We all know that the Yammie 1/48 boxes are flippin' huge! 

Keep us posted regardless. 

That isn't a 1/48. It's a yamato bubblegum crisis moto slave. A really small box. 

I've been ordering a lot in the last month from numerous places and Registered Air Small Packet always shows up as an option along with EMS and DHL. Just the SAL options are provided. I dunno maybe it's still offered to Canada.

An update, my package sent on 4/4 is still sitting in the tokyo outbound office. I am from Singapore and not on the suspension list but it has been more than 3 weeks with no movement.  I know flights are limited but at this point it feels ridiculous. Item is bought from hobby search shipped via ems.

Yeah, the date it sent really seems to matter a LOT, I have a DX VF-1A Max that shipped out small package Air on 4/3 and did nothing for 2 weeks, but now it looks like it is finally in California. Fingers crossed it will get to me tomorrow! Meanwhile one HUGE consolidated package that shipped on 4/4 is STILL without any updates. so who even knows what is going on? DHL still seems to be working great though, but the cost is steep...

Hmmm so I just put in my first Mandarake order since before the mail suspension started, and their website defaulted to DHL with no option to change it. Oh well it's a small item so even DHL shipping should be fairly inexpensive.

Pretty much only bought stuff from Amazon Japan in the last few weeks.

6 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Hmmm so I just put in my first Mandarake order since before the mail suspension started, and their website defaulted to DHL with no option to change it. Oh well it's a small item so even DHL shipping should be fairly inexpensive.

Pretty much only bought stuff from Amazon Japan in the last few weeks.

If you're in the US, it's now the only option you get. And even for the SAHRA branch, where you can normally see what shipping will cost before placing your order because the item is guaranteed to be available, they aren't showing the cost. You have to place the order and hope it's not exorbitant. I picked up a 1/60 Yamato late last week from their Nakano branch and that was my experience. It's supposed to be here by Tuesday evening, so they got it out the door fairly fast.

I shipped a package to Canada [Manitoba] via EMS from Manda's Nayuta store on Apr.20 [that's when the e-mail arrived, anyway]

It arrived today [Apr.27]

Edited by slide