Bandai 1/60 DX Chogokin Macross Plus YF-21

Berkut

6 hours ago, Duymon said:

I'd even be ok with a swap in canopy with heat shield for battroid but whatevs. Still will get one anyways -_-

For what I understand, there will be a replacement canopy, they've been announcing this for a while:Screenshot_20240102_220713_Chrome.jpg.18bf1604cfba408ee2fa7b032db33f96.jpg

So would that mean Bandai is now going to re-release the Fold Booster as a set for both YF-19 and YF-21 seeing that strut components are included in the YF-21's product item list? Probably we can expect an announcement after YF-21's preorder date?

2 hours ago, PointBlankSniper said:

Fold booster front and back struts seem like news though.

The not so perfect transformation between landing gears and fast pack gunpods has been irking me, and seeing it super extra+ confirmed in new big text is even more oof lol

Back from the holidays and whoa... is a fold booster going to be included?

why mention struts and not the fold booster? 

1 minute ago, seti88 said:

Back from the holidays and whoa... is a fold booster going to be included?

why mention struts and not the fold booster? 

Maybe just for the people who have them from the YF-19 full-set pack, maybe because they'll release a booster set separately.

18 hours ago, Reïvaj said:

For what I understand, there will be a replacement canopy, they've been announcing this for a while:Screenshot_20240102_220713_Chrome.jpg.18bf1604cfba408ee2fa7b032db33f96.jpg

By "canopy," does it mean the actual canopy (with heat shield?) or the reclined pilot seat? If it's the actual canopy, does it mean that the pilot seat can just collapse backward like the Yamato?

Given the level of parts former this thing already is it makes me wonder why they didn't they just design for Delimiter mode with a part to cover the section for fighter and then just plug in properly proportioned parts for Gerwalk/Battroid instead of giving us this... thing.

70387f_954a5760d9fb491e94b08125c94c1feemv2.jpg.09490e1ce42b2edbbb3990eae56daf07.jpg

Edited by Mommar

2 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

What the heck are the "Joint parts for Battroid"?

Since it's under "Effect parts set", it's probably the connector for the effect parts after removing the hands... like the ones for the new YF-19 below:

GBcLEz5agAAEf7z.jpeg.jpg.954cdca35ef19ca9e80e4235ca448f88.jpg

photo from twitter link from DX YF-19 thread

Kind of appalling how bad the ground clearance looks even with fake gunpods... they could have shaven a hair's thickness out of every piece under the belly, and given the same back to the length of the landing gears, and it wouldn't have affected the proportions of anything except avoid the ground scraping. In fact, I think the same idea could have been applied to avoid having fake gunpods in the first place.

It almost seems like someone was just hellbent on making something perfectly scrape the floor by just a little, even if parts forming was requried...

So who still is on a Ramen diet (for the past 4 years since this was teased) and has other options to save up money for this?

No doubt that some of us are in the doghouse since we blew the budget away during Christmas and New Year’s celebrations right by over gorging on turkey, truffles, prime port liqueur, expensive wine, caviar, etc.. 

Hmmm 'fold booster strut front and back' included.

This is a bit of a tell and am speculating here. It means any future fold booster will not be singularly marketed just for, or to include for the YF-21. It will be for YF-19 only, which means the fold booster will be released together with the other YF-19 parts, minimally the Fast Packs. The fold booster can then obviously be used for the YF-21.

The bad news is if you want to have 2 fold boosters, one each for YF-19 and YF-21, you have to buy 2 sets of YF-19 add-on & parts. Is Bandai really gonna pull off this d*ck move? 

2 hours ago, borgified said:

So who still is on a Ramen diet (for the past 4 years since this was teased) and has other options to save up money for this?

No doubt that some of us are in the doghouse since we blew the budget away during Christmas and New Year’s celebrations right by over gorging on turkey, truffles, prime port liqueur, expensive wine, caviar, etc.. 

I think if you were able to indulge in all that, this purchase would be like the average person skipping a happy meal

20 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Maybe just for the people who have them from the YF-19 full-set pack, maybe because they'll release a booster set separately.

1 hour ago, MKT said:

Hmmm 'fold booster strut front and back' included.

This is a bit of a tell and am speculating here. It means any future fold booster will not be singularly marketed just for, or to include for the YF-21. It will be for YF-19 only, which means the fold booster will be released together with the other YF-19 parts, minimally the Fast Packs. The fold booster can then obviously be used for the YF-21.

The bad news is if you want to have 2 fold boosters, one each for YF-19 and YF-21, you have to buy 2 sets of YF-19 add-on & parts. Is Bandai really gonna pull off this d*ck move? 

From missed ghost add-on's for the first HMR 0S release, sealed and then transparent Fast Packs for the VF-1, even the old missing VF-31 supers for arad/chuck/31A.

Bandai got too greedy trying to nickel and dime everything, and ended up missing important elements due to limited release slots per year.

For goodness sake bandai, include the damm booster in the YF-21 and quit trying to micro release everything....its not as if macross has that many release slots in a year...

:crazy::unknw:

18 hours ago, Mommar said:

Given the level of parts former this thing already is it makes me wonder why they didn't they just design for Delimiter mode with a part to cover the section for fighter and then just plug in properly proportioned parts for Gerwalk/Battroid instead of giving us this... thing.

70387f_954a5760d9fb491e94b08125c94c1feemv2.jpg.09490e1ce42b2edbbb3990eae56daf07.jpg

I would be perfectly happy if they just went with the route that the HG took. Just give us big beefy legs for Battroid/ Gerwalk mode since it's completely hidden in fighter mode anyways. That would slim down the fighter mode and make room for beefy arms. Add the nose shortening and rotating seat gimmick from Yamato's design and we're golden. 

On 12/25/2023 at 10:01 AM, Sildani said:

Sigh. I’ll get one. My last pre-order of all time. Is it December 31st or January 10th? And will it still be PO hell, or more calm?

I hear you. will it be the last? Or maybe if the VF-11...

@Sildani - Since December has passed with ZERO pre-order annoucements, then January 10 will be the next logical date at 4 pm JST.  Usual web stores: HLJ, AE and others will list it. The North American shores will have this listed some time in February/March as it's a MWW release. 

32 minutes ago, borgified said:

@Sildani - Since December has passed with ZERO pre-order annoucements, then January 10 will be the next logical date at 4 pm JST.  Usual web stores: HLJ, AE and others will list it. The North American shores will have this listed some time in February/March as it's a MWW release.

Wow, Feb/Mar that late after Japan PO?  There's no worry about it not being able to order in Feb/Mar MWW release??  I'm hoping this is my first foray into this new convenient/civilized world of ordering as long as I don't get screwed. 😬

Edited by wm cheng

2 hours ago, wm cheng said:

Wow, Feb/Mar that late after Japan PO?  There's no worry about it not being able to order in Feb/Mar MWW release??  I'm hoping this is my first foray into this new convenient/civilized world of ordering as long as I don't get screwed. 😬

We've seen WWM overseas POs become available as early as a week after Japan POs. I think it depends a lot on the store, and perhaps the item. Sometimes Amazon is sluggish, taking a few weeks to a month to list something, but smaller sites like BBTS usually get stuff listed much faster. 

5 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

We've seen WWM overseas POs become available as early as a week after Japan POs. I think it depends a lot on the store, and perhaps the item. Sometimes Amazon is sluggish, taking a few weeks to a month to list something, but smaller sites like BBTS usually get stuff listed much faster. 

Thanks!  Good to know (I'm really new to this MWW release thing).  I'm really hoping to use up some Amazon GC but don't want to screw myself and miss out. (just a little worried because it's new to me)

24 minutes ago, Saburo said:

I am up for a PO madness night, but I haven't been in one for a while too.

It has been a while for me too. I don't think there was really anything for me to get this past year. Nothing new in the DX line aside from the VF-1s which I'm all tapped out on. Everything else has been re-issues, HMR, or other stuff. I guess they don't plan on finishing the Delta movie stuff. Arcadia hasn't released much of anything either, as far as I know. My wallet got a big breather thanks to that though.

This will be the first new thing I'll be getting. As for the PO madness, at least I can be not so stressed, knowing that there will be a worldwide release in case I don't get a JP preorder.

22 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

It has been a while for me too. I don't think there was really anything for me to get this past year. Nothing new in the DX line aside from the VF-1s which I'm all tapped out on. Everything else has been re-issues, HMR, or other stuff. I guess they don't plan on finishing the Delta movie stuff. Arcadia hasn't released much of anything either, as far as I know. My wallet got a big breather thanks to that though.

This will be the first new thing I'll be getting. As for the PO madness, at least I can be not so stressed, knowing that there will be a worldwide release in case I don't get a JP preorder.

@MacrossJunkie I feel the same way. In the past year, there haven't been any releases that I was interested in, and most of the releases were worldwide. I plan to be online for the PO madness night just to take advantage of the favorable Yen rate. However, like you, if I am not able to secure POs, I won't be stressed about it.

22 minutes ago, MKT said:

https://tamashiiweb.com/item/14740/?wovn=en

The Tamashii Web link has been updated with a few new pics that weren't there before:

item_0000014740_w7QKx4K3_16.jpg.3f1d32d59f5594f620ab77b888a4004b.jpg

Arms and legs detached for this mode?... for the cover parts to fit? So no vertical stabilizers in high maneuver mode... didn't know/notice that. The angles for the new pics in fighter mode makes it look so much better.

Edited by m0n5t3r

57 minutes ago, m0n5t3r said:

Arms and legs detached for this mode?... for the cover parts to fit? So no vertical stabilizers in high maneuver mode... didn't know/notice that. The angles for the new pics in fighter mode makes it look so much better.

Yup the delimiter mode.. I guess it steers by the thrust vectoring without the stabilizers.

item_0000014740_w7QKx4K3_109.jpg.fade460f2d8b765a2aaf14d8c56c1ab7.jpg

yf-21-limbless.png.28ea39f57aafbfd9f1b2d088fb65204f.png