Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

4 hours ago, Alf89 said:

Hopefully newer sets will be like the Armored VF-1J.  Wonder if future releases of the VF-1 will have super parts included as well.

Am ok with bundled super parts.

But I would prefer if armor parts stayed separate.

I would like to have a choice to armor up a valk or not at all.

14 minutes ago, mojacko said:

Any site you can recommend  to get a VF 1S in a reasonable price? Thanks!

Mandarake has it for Y30000.

Shawn is also selling his DX Roy's VF-1S in the F/S thread. He's also selling some VF-1 add-on parts in case you need it too.

Good luck! :good: 

Edited by no3Ljm

23 minutes ago, mojacko said:

That's great but I'm leaning in getting this with Mandarake. Any idea how much shipping will cost to Canada or America? 

I would guess about $60-$80 USD shipped via DHL. They do have other shipping options available though.

56 minutes ago, mojacko said:

That's great but I'm leaning in getting this with Mandarake. Any idea how much shipping will cost to Canada or America? 

32 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

I would guess about $60-$80 USD shipped via DHL. They do have other shipping options available though.

I dug a little deeper on that request @mojacko.. It's only DHL for us in Canada and 8,210 yen DHL shipping based on what Manda has given me as I'm the the same province as  @peter and @Sandman which which is rainy B.C.  However, you have pay a courier fee before the package get delivered to your place.

Don't like it wet, then you can move Eastwards and get a dump of snow during the winter and butt freezing temps in winter and high humid summers in the Great Lakes area. 

Other Canuckle head collectors are in Ontario like @Angesdad@wm cheng and I believe others as well, with one on Nova Scotia (the name just escapes me)

I just got my VF-31AX DHL shipped to Toronto.  I ended up paying $30cdn for DHL shipping and $70cdn for brokerage, customs & duties.  Mind you VF-31AX box is slightly thicker with the stand but its about the same size as the VF-1S or VF-1J boxes bundled with their stands.  Shipping, brokerage fee (about $20 no matter what the cost) + GST/HST is killing us Canadians.

37 minutes ago, borgified said:

I dug a little deeper on that request @mojacko.. It's only DHL for us in Canada and 8,210 yen DHL shipping based on what Manda has given me as I'm the the same province as  @peter and @Sandman which which is rainy B.C.  However, you have pay a courier fee before the package get delivered to your place.

Don't like it wet, then you can move Eastwards and get a dump of snow during the winter and butt freezing temps in winter and high humid summers in the Great Lakes area. 

Other Canuckle head collectors are in Ontario like @Angesdad@wm cheng and I believe others as well, with one on Nova Scotia (the name just escapes me)

Wow never knew there are lots of Canucks collecting Macross.  I stop collecting Macross for a while and sold some of my Yummy's to fund this Bandai VF1S beast. Was late on the game but hoping to snag one.

Im from Mississauga ON, long time Macross collector and customiser as well. 

32 minutes ago, mojacko said:

Wow never knew there are lots of Canucks collecting Macross.  I stop collecting Macross for a while and sold some of my Yummy's to fund this Bandai VF1S beast. Was late on the game but hoping to snag one.

Great to hear from a fellow Canadian member!:hi:

To share my DX VF-1S Hikaru purchases from Mandarake, ask them to ship in their ‘shou’ size box which is 4,330 yen. Sometimes they will show 8,210 yen for shipping but it is their ‘dai’ box and it is way too big for your standard box size dx vf-1, which Hikaru 1S is. One time I caught it and had to get shipping quote corrected by their staff.

Then DHL will tear your wallet a new one at the door. The mandatory $20 processing fee + duties(13% CAD equivalent) comes to $50-60 fun fun!

Edited by Angesdad

1 hour ago, mojacko said:

Fellow Canuk here too, just in Whitby.  I've got a 1D on the way from Japan via DHL and it should be here Thursday.  I expect to get the notice to pay for brokerage+hst in the next day or two so I'll let you know what it costs.

15 minutes ago, Digitalfiend said:

So I caved and purchased the VF-1S Roy yesterday and still trying to decide if I want to grab the VF1J+GBP set.  1D should arrive this Thursday and quite excited to get it. :)  You people are such a bad influence...

Its the only one that you can see what's in the box without taking it out of the box .

34 minutes ago, Digitalfiend said:

So I caved and purchased the VF-1S Roy yesterday and still trying to decide if I want to grab the VF1J+GBP set.  1D should arrive this Thursday and quite excited to get it. :)  You people are such a bad influence...

Welcome to MACROSSWORLD! :yahoo: :good: 

1 hour ago, Digitalfiend said:

Welcome To The Party Pal! GIF - Die Hard Bruce Willis Welcome To The Party  - Discover & Share GIFs

3 hours ago, Digitalfiend said:

Until you do what we suggested and buy both, we have failed our jobs. 

Hey guys I got my Tamiya Cement for ABS plastic in the mail today.  I had to order it from Taiwan to get a decent price.  Nothing new to me with Tamiya products there's just literally no hobby stores around any more.

Anyways I think this stuff will work.  I glued it already.  It's just a real small piece and I read reviews so supposedly I think this Tamiya cement will bond the plastic back together and the only way it will break is by force and I read that usually it will break somewhere else because it bonds so well.

Let's hope after it dries and I put it in robot mode that everything is all good.

1 hour ago, rocketblast said:

Hey guys I got my Tamiya Cement for ABS plastic in the mail today.  I had to order it from Taiwan to get a decent price.  Nothing new to me with Tamiya products there's just literally no hobby stores around any more.

Where are you located?  If you're in Canada, you can try https://www.sunwardhobbies.ca/tamiya-cement-for-abs-87137/ ($5.99 CAD) for Tamiya products; they carry pretty much everything.

Edited by Digitalfiend

On 2/1/2022 at 12:25 AM, Slave IV said:

Until you do what we suggested and buy both, we have failed our jobs. 

Then consider it mission accomplished. I just ordered the 1J-GBP set and also bought a Super Parts set from a member here.  So lets see, I've got a 1D, 1J+GBP, 1S Roy, and Super Parts coming this week.  I better work on my delivery person interception skills and prepare a sleeping bag for the shed ... just in case. 😁

50 minutes ago, Digitalfiend said:

Then consider it mission accomplished. I just ordered the 1J-GBP set and also bought a Super Parts set from a member here.  So lets see, I've got a 1D, 1J+GBP, 1S Roy, and Super Parts coming this week.  I better work on my delivery person interception skills and prepare a sleeping bag for the shed ... just in case. 😁

raw

thumb_good-good-memegenerator-net-good-g

On 1/28/2022 at 3:31 PM, davidwhangchoi said:

I'd get the 1J combo if you want a valk and armor. it's a good value.  If you want collectability,  the first release stand alone 1j is worth more than the armor and 1j combo combined. 

Why would the first release stand alone be worth more? Just because it came out first and is no longer being sold? 

6 hours ago, Digitalfiend said:

You know...if you're trying to fill out the current DX lineup for the TV show, you still need to get your hands on the Max 1A...just saying....

(sheds can be quite comfortable to sleep in)

2 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

You know...if you're trying to fill out the current DX lineup for the TV show, you still need to get your hands on the Max 1A...just saying....

(sheds can be quite comfortable to sleep in)

I already have the 1A Max; it’s the Kakizaki that I’m missing. :)

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

If I had to hide things from my wife.........I'd divorce her.

Though I joke about it, my wife is cool for the most part.  These are still just expensive plastic toys though, so I understand the funny looks.  With that said, it is still much cheaper than my old hobby of racing cars or my daughter's club-level go karting. :)

Edited by Digitalfiend

5 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

Why would the first release stand alone be worth more? Just because it came out first and is no longer being sold? 

Despite of some flaw, yes. And has collectibility factor due to the extra display stand that came with it.

Though I joke about it, my wife is cool for the most part.  These are still just expensive plastic toys though, so I understand the funny looks.  With that said, it is still much cheaper than my old hobby of racing cars or my daughter's club-level go karting. :)

Oh, I don't mind her thinking I'm goofy because I buy toys (she doesn't though). If she gave me flack about the money front..........buh bye!;)

And yeah, compared to my decade of roadracing motorcycles toys are NOTHING in comparison. A racing season was $150K+. Even if you include my new hobby of riding supper Gucci mountain bikes........still not close!:rofl:

Edited by sqidd