Macross Collection Display Thread

KiriK

16 hours ago, Mechapilot77 said:

wow you even save mainline stuff boxes?!  i see lots of 'vintage" 3P TFs. haha.  are the toys on display somehwre or are there actuallly toys int here still.  igear coneheads and con air raprtors FTW.  haha

He has ROOMS of toys on display.

Edited by sqidd

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, badboy00z said:

Thanks! Just got the 19 and 31s recently. What display stands can I use for banking poses in fighter mode?

The good stands to use are Yeti, created by @ChaoticYeti, however he’s been busy with his new job and has not have time to do anything else since the last time he posted on the boards. 

You can use flightpose (I think they have new stock coming in?) for now until this Worldwide fiasco is completely over. 

23 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! 

After eating with the family, I pulled some more valks out of storage and brought them to my new house. ^_^

20211125_155124.jpg.9b8f8c89a9d0046933558d572a2cd2a6.jpg

Does your news digs have enough room to display all of your stuff?

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Does your news digs have enough room to display all of your stuff?

I will have an entire room dedicated to putting them all on display. But first I need someplace to actually display them. Detolfs are decent but I'm looking around for other display options that won't break the bank.

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I'm looking around for other display options that won't break the bank.

Good luck with that!:ohmy:

I absolutely love my cabinets. They were pretty stupid money before COVID. Now they're just plain silly.:bad:

If I had to start from scratch and took everything into consideration. Size, flexibility, lighting, ability to customize, etc I would absolutely go Moducase. Keep in mind they can do custom sizes for you. That's a HUGE advantage if you need it. Most of their stuff is too deep to effectively display/maximize wall space for Macross stuff. Not all though. And they do have the custom option. Their lighting options are really what sells me. There is no way you can do something that clean, invisible and tied together yourself unless you're actually building the cases. Moducase has the best size/quality/flexibility/lighting factor of anything out there by a pretty big margin. I've gone full nerd and done the cost per usable cubic inch of display/$$ calculation on just about everything out there.:good:

Their Sixth series stuff has the best depth IMO.

https://us.moducase.xyz/sixth-series/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

my collection:rolleyes:

It's all in brown shipper boxes in storage, recently moved and finally going through them today.

somewhere in this storage room is the complete 1/60 vf-1, frontier and delta lineup. 

half the bandai's vf-1's are at home. 

going through them and thinning the excess, (selling off my extras)

IMG-8344.jpg

IMG-8341.jpg

IMG-8336.jpg

Edited by davidwhangchoi

9 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

@davidwhangchoi I feel you, running out of storage space in my hobby closet (walk-in), probably going to start putting up some of my spares soon as well...

Much as it pains me.

yeah, i know the feeling of running out of closet space. I had to use outside storage bc my closets are full. good luck with thinning out your collection!

Same here. We recently moved to a smaller space so I have to start letting go of some extra copy plus disposing of some of the boxes that I know I'm not going to sell. So I'm thinking my 3 VF-0 Valks will live in one box instead of having box for each. I only have to worry of those pointy wings. Hahaha! :lol: 

• 2 weeks later...